Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 01:44 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,661,785 times

Advertisements

The Webster's New World Dictionary's definition of Murder; 1. the (unlawful) and malicious or premeditated killing of a person. 2. Something very hard, unsafe, etc. to do or deal with -vt. 1. To kill (a person) unlawfully and with malice 2. To spoil, as in performance /to murder a song /.

The doctor wasn't doing anything unlawfully, if you didn't like what he was doing, work to change the law.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:48 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,352,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
but you think all abortions are murder..

how can one murder be worse than another murder?
I said, "I guess....that's what makes him worse than average." I agree, murder is murder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
The Webster's New World Dictionary's definition of Murder; 1. the (unlawful) and malicious or premeditated killing of a person. 2. Something very hard, unsafe, etc. to do or deal with -vt. 1. To kill (a person) unlawfully and with malice 2. To spoil, as in performance /to murder a song /.

The doctor wasn't doing anything unlawfully, if you didn't like what he was doing, work to change the law.
I agree he didn't do anything wrong according to man's law. He did according to God's.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
I said, "I guess....that's what makes him worse than average." I agree, murder is murder.

I agree he didn't do anything wrong according to man's law. He did according to God's.
Then you let your God be the judge of that, not everybody lives by your God's law and our judicial system is not based on your God's law.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Then you let your God be the judge of that, not everybody lives by your God's law and our judicial system is not based on your God's law.
I totally understand that. He will be the judge. I have every right to state my opinion on the matter though. That's what we do here, right?

Old 06-02-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
I totally understand that. He will be the judge. I have every right to state my opinion on the matter though. That's what we do here, right?
Nobody is denying you that right, but does not your sacred book say, Judge not least ye be judged yourself.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Nobody is denying you that right, but does not your sacred book say, Judge not least ye be judged yourself.
That is always taken out of context. If you go on to read the passage, it is saying not to judge someone unless you're willing to be judged yourself. I've never had an abortion, therefore I can judge. Other places in the whole Bible say we are to judge, but righteously.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:43 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,072,460 times
Quote:
That is always taken out of context. If you go on to read the passage, it is saying not to judge someone unless you're willing to be judged yourself. I've never had an abortion, therefore I can judge. Other places in the whole Bible say we are to judge, but righteously.
It doesn't say "judge not lest you be judged on specifically what you are judging the other person on"..

its says judge not lest you be judged..

so your "whole" shall be judged..

care to spill everything so others can commence the judgement? leave nothing out..

I of course will stay out of it as I wish not to judge...

now of course if you've reached a righteous state..

judge away!

Old 06-02-2009, 03:03 PM

970 posts, read 1,700,503 times
Quote:
"Tiller was one of few American doctors who specialized in late-term abortions"

Guess that's what makes him worse than average.
You misunderstood my point. Since his work is going to be picked up by someone else anyway, the only reason why one could be happy of his death is if this particular doctor was worse than other (similarly qualified) doctors for some reason. For example if he was an incompetent who ended up killing the mothers more often than not. But I'm not aware that he was.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
It doesn't say "judge not lest you be judged on specifically what you are judging the other person on"..

its says judge not lest you be judged..

so your "whole" shall be judged..

care to spill everything so others can commence the judgement? leave nothing out..

I of course will stay out of it as I wish not to judge...

now of course if you've reached a righteous state..

judge away!
This is a problem with some Christians. They don't read other areas that talk about judging a righteous judgment. No one is perfect, so if you had to be in order to judge, why would we be told to judge righteously?

ETA: We're getting off topic talking about judging though. I had started a thread about it a few days ago, if you'd like to continue there.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
You misunderstood my point. Since his work is going to be picked up by someone else anyway, the only reason why one could be happy of his death is if this particular doctor was worse than other (similarly qualified) doctors for some reason. For example if he was an incompetent who ended up killing the mothers more often than not. But I'm not aware that he was.
I don't think I missed your point, I just think you and I see "worse" as being different things. Maybe his late term abortions won't be picked up by someone else, as only a few in the US does them now anyway. One can only hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.