Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 06:15 PM

47 posts, read 55,347 times

Advertisements

I must admit that I feel a deep sense of hostility towards gay people if you would subject them to imprisonment and taking away their civil liberties.>

Your presumption is that deviant behavior is a right. It is no such thing. That is why the framers executed them. If you allow law to change, you destroy society, the framers did not allow. The majority could say murder is not illegal anymore. Doesn't work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 07:11 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by our founding truth View Post
I must admit that I feel a deep sense of hostility towards gay people if you would subject them to imprisonment and taking away their civil liberties.>

Your presumption is that deviant behavior is a right. It is no such thing. That is why the framers executed them. If you allow law to change, you destroy society, the framers did not allow. The majority could say murder is not illegal anymore. Doesn't work.
As a former Marine and Vietnam Vet I would like to become your friend. I defended the constitution while you were probably ****ting yellow or yet to be born. Please DM me so that we may have a face to face discussion about your opinions.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:45 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,171,257 times
Quote:

Actually, homosexuality causes disease and death, and it would destroy the earth, by stopping population. It is sin, that God will judge. Don't be deceived.

No, lack of personal responsibility and lack of protection causes diseases and death. So goes for anyone on this planet.

It will take a lot more to destroy the Earth then presence of gay people.

Stopping population?? That would make Earth Flourish beautifully. A major benefit if i may....

It is sin in the eyes of a sinful, are you the one??

Old 06-08-2009, 07:55 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,069,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post

No, lack of personal responsibility and lack of protection causes diseases and death. So goes for anyone on this planet.

It will take a lot more to destroy the Earth then presence of gay people.

Stopping population?? That would make Earth Flourish beautifully. A major benefit if i may....

It is sin in the eyes of a sinful, are you the one??

Say what you will, but it is just truth that AIDS does tend to affect a disproportionately high number of homosexuals. That's just truth. Why do you think that is?

Old 06-08-2009, 07:56 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,622,111 times
Quote:
By your reasoning if law can change with your emotions, then murder can be approved in our society.
Nonsense! That is a poor argument, as there is, obviously, a tremendous difference between murder and sex. If, God forbid, someone murdered one of my loved ones, that would affect me greatly, in a horrible, life-changing way. If "Sam" & "Joe", or "Mary" & "Sue", as a couple, are living next door to me, how they conduct themselves in their bedroom causes me no pain or grief whatsoever. I don't know, nor do I care, what kind of sex my neighbors are engaged in. For all I know, some of them might be gay. Or, they might be having an affair. Or, living together, without being married. Guess what? It hasn't changed my life in the least, because I'm not busy minding their business. I have enough to mind my own.

What consenting adults do behind closed doors has no business being dragged into a court system, merely because some people have a moral objection to certain sexual behaviour. For goodness' sake, when we will stop peeping into other folks' bedrooms? I surely wouldn't want someone telling me what sexual conduct or behaviour I can engage in, as a heterosexual woman. Why in the world would I think it's okay to waltz into someone else's bedroom, waving the Constitution, no less?!

Old 06-08-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Say what you will, but it is just truth that AIDS does tend to affect a disproportionately high number of homosexuals. That's just truth. Why do you think that is?
Of course it is, to someone like you.

Have you ever heard of Gay HepB experiment??

Old 06-08-2009, 08:30 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,069,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
Of course it is, to someone like you.

Have you ever heard of Gay HepB experiment??
I'm just making statements about facts. Despite the hatred that you'd like to ascribe to me, I'm not suggesting anything with my statement.

What do you think the reason for the rampant AIDS stats among the homosexual population is?

Old 06-08-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
I'm just making statements about facts. Despite the hatred that you'd like to ascribe to me, I'm not suggesting anything with my statement.

What do you think the reason for the rampant AIDS stats among the homosexual population is?
I just asked you a question, in my above post.... Find it, learn it, deal with it....

Old 06-08-2009, 09:53 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,494,038 times
No, homosexuality should NOT be made illegal again.

Any moral question is really between that individual and God, or whatever their concept of God may or may not be. It is not between me, that individual and God. It's not my job to judge others, I'll leave that call up to God himself.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:13 AM

1,402 posts, read 3,501,601 times
Quote:

So far you've stuck with the facts, so I'll bite.
Quote:
Its because sex between gay men increases the chance of damage to mucosal membranes and transmission of HIV via infected bodily fluid.

Case closed or are you going somewhere with this line of reasoning?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality