Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 12:21 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,417,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Don't read much, do you?

It's not immoral. It does recount some immoral things that some people did, but the overall message is the most wonderful thing in history.
Haven't really read it have you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 08:08 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,802,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettblack View Post
Were would it stop? This is an imperfect world. This world will just continue to grow further and further apart from Christ till he comes back.

Hate to break it to ya, but when his ticket was punched it had "One Way" printed on it...

He ain't coming back, sparky.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:42 PM

20,529 posts, read 33,641,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
Hate to break it to ya, but when his ticket was punched it had "One Way" printed on it...

He ain't coming back, sparky.
and you know this how?

Old 06-13-2009, 07:07 PM

37,554 posts, read 61,616,067 times
We live in a culture where there are various different levels of legal jurisdictions that apply at the same time.

I am a US servicemember. As such I am subject to the UCMJ, a code of law that congress wrote that the military is subject to.

Article 125 - 'Sodomy' makes homosexual sex acts a felony.

Congress wrote this law, and I am not aware of congress ever debating changing it or deleting it. It stands.

So, from my perspective it is illegal.

It is a felony. I have served with men who were prosecuted, found guilty and sentenced of this crime.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:55 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,409,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
We live in a culture where there are various different levels of legal jurisdictions that apply at the same time.

I am a US servicemember. As such I am subject to the UCMJ, a code of law that congress wrote that the military is subject to.

Article 125 - 'Sodomy' makes homosexual sex acts a felony.

Congress wrote this law, and I am not aware of congress ever debating changing it or deleting it. It stands.

So, from my perspective it is illegal.

It is a felony. I have served with men who were prosecuted, found guilty and sentenced of this crime.
So is anal sex with your wife or girlfriend a crime? Just curious. Or is it just men with men in the marines? How bout lesbian sex? I never knew there were military laws on that.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:57 PM

33,596 posts, read 37,237,761 times
Sodomy laws have been stuck down everywhere in the US except the military. Why is the military so far behind the times?

Old 06-13-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1
So is anal sex with your wife or girlfriend a crime? Just curious.
Yes, as a matter of fact it would be.

Have you never read the UCMJ?

It makes this matter very clear.

Quote:
... Or is it just men with men in the marines?
I am not sure of what you are talking about.

I am not a marine.

Quote:
... How bout lesbian sex? I never knew there were military laws on that.
sigh.

Is there a point you wish to make somewhere?

These are the laws of America.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:26 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,517,069 times
Sodomy is no longer illegal in the military:

Windy City Times - U.S. Army Strikes Down Sodomy Law
Quote:
The U.S. Army Court of Criminal Appeals has struck down the last remaining vestige of sodomy laws in the United States. The outcome of the case, known as U.S. v. Bullock, became known in early December.

The U.S. Supreme Court struck down all of the remaining state sodomy laws in the Lawrence decision, issued in June 2003. But a lingering question remained as to whether Lawrence also applied to Article 125, the sodomy provisions, of the Universal Code of Military Justice ( UCMJ ) . The UCMJ is the equivalent of law within the armed forces.

The courts traditionally have given great deference to the military in managing internal affairs. Constitutional rights may be impinged upon if the military can justify such action, though they do not have a completely free hand to do so.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur
Sodomy laws have been stuck down everywhere in the US except the military. Why is the military so far behind the times?
Dont blame the milk man if the cows broke down their fence and ran away.

The US military is not a legislative body. The US military does not write laws. Congress writes laws. In some highschools in America they teach this principle.

Congress decided that sodomy is a felony, and so far congress has never debated changing these laws.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:33 PM

47 posts, read 55,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
No he wasn't, but it doesn't matter.

The "Common Law" was ultimately descended from Roman Law and had nothing to do with The Bible or Christianity.

And BTW - NO, the majority doesn't rule. Not in a Republic.

Continue trying to turn this country into a Xian theocracy and you will find that out the hard way.. real quick-like
Common Law from Rome? How funny! Caesar was God.

Majority doesn't rule? Google Republican Govt. and then read Article IV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality