Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 09:28 PM

50,884 posts, read 24,393,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
So Theravada Buddhism uses Hell to frighten folk into obeying them. Just like Jesus did.
I think the OP can read the source for himself, and if he wishes to look into the concept of Buddhist heavens and hells, there are good published sources for that which do not rely on bizarre tales pushed by a single poster. At the same time he can look into the different approaches toward Buddhism, both the "it's a religion school of thought" and the "it's a philosophy school of thought". Again, I would advise him not to rely on a single poster or even two or three ANONYMOUS sources, but on established sources of information with credentials.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2019, 10:15 PM

1,378 posts, read 393,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post

no religion -- and especially not the hellish religion touted by ocean777 -- has all the answers.
Quote:

To the OP...this poster displays all that is wrong about many religions. He constantly stokes the fear of hell ....

If you would like to explore a bit about Theravada Buddhism as you examine various religions and philosophies, a good place to start is: https://www.accesstoinsight.org/theravada.html

Quote:
Quote from The Buddhist link.: 'act in unskillful and harmful ways and unhappiness is bound to follow; act skillfully and happiness will ultimately ensue . As long as one remains ignorant of this principle, one is doomed to an aimless existence: happy one moment, in despair the next; enjoying one lifetime in heaven, the next in hell.
- What is Theravada Buddhism? https://www.accesstoinsight.org/theravada.html
So Theravada Buddhism uses the threat of Hell & unhappiness, suffering, misery etc to frighten folk into following them. Just like your so-called "Hellish Religion" Christianity.

So your brand of Buddhism is no different in the sense that it uses threats to get people to obey it. And lo & behold, It uses eternal rebirth into potential suffering lives as a threat to make people obey. That is the same as saying people will burn in hell for eternity if they are sinful.

So you attack me because I believe in Hell, & then you push your religion/philosophy or cult which preaches "eternal suffering" if you do not obey.

Not Very intelligent my dear boy

Here was my reply to the OP. No mention of Hell at all. Yet you instantly joined the thread & attacked me by saying I teach about Hell.

Quote:

To become more spiritual you just have to clear your mind & let the spiritual world speak & teach you things.

Like an Angel of God said to a woman "Stop thinking all the time & then there will be room in your mind for me to give messages to you".

Telepathy! Most people who are visited or lifted up by spiritual beings mention how the beings spoke clearly with their minds & never moved their lips.

That telepathy is open to you right now. It doesn't come & go or fade away. The Spiritual Side doesn't fade away. We just fill our minds with material thoughts or even religious thoughts, & that makes us too dense for the spiritual Side to get through to.

So 'Clearing your mind of all thought including thoughts about spiritual instructions or religious teachings etc, is all you have to do. Just ignore all thoughts that enter your mind & after a few minutes your mind just stays perfectly clear.

That will make it easy for the spiritual side to begin communicating with you, & then once you know what the spiritual side is like They will start manifesting, & lifting your soul out of your body, & taking you to learn more things about the spiritual side.

It is like a caterpillar inside a cocoon is suddenly freed & is able to fly & see infinity for the first time. Or it's like a bird in an egg suddenly makes the effort to free itself & it opens a crack in its shell & sees reality for the first time.
Or it's like a blind man who has been blind all his life & did not know that all he had to do was open his eyelids & he could see.

All you have to do is clear your mind & open it to the spiritual side so that the spiritual side can start communicating to you
Quote:

One shouldn't go into it looking for "THE" answer. There are a lot of pieces of the puzzle, and no religion -- and especially not the hellish religion touted by ocean777 -- has all the answers.
I did not mention Hell or Christianity. In fact my opinion was nothing that Christians would preach or agree with.

LOL

Last edited by ocean777; 12-05-2019 at 10:28 PM..

Old 12-05-2019, 10:37 PM

Quote:
So Theravada Buddhism uses the threat of Hell & unhappiness, suffering, misery etc to frighten folk into following them. Just like your so-called "Hellish Religion" Christianity.

So your brand of Buddhism is no different in the sense that it uses threats to get people to obey it. And lo & behold, It uses eternal rebirth into potential suffering lives as a threat to make people obey. That is the same as saying people will burn in hell for eternity if they are sinful.

So you attack me because I believe in Hell, & then you push your religion/philosophy or cult which preaches "eternal suffering" if you do not obey.

Not Very intelligent my dear boy

Here was my reply to the OP. No mention of Hell at all. Yet you instantly joined the thread & attacked me by saying I teach about Hell.

I did not mention Hell or Christianity. In fact my opinion was nothing that Christians would preach or agree with.

LOL
To the OP -- whichever religions or spiritual paths you look into, go to established internet sites or respected publications to gain what they actually believe. Do not listen to online hacks.

Old 12-05-2019, 10:52 PM

Quote:
To the OP -- whichever religions or spiritual paths you look into, go to established internet sites or respected publications to gain what they actually believe. Do not listen to online hacks.

The OP says he is not interested in religions or established beliefs. He wanted personal opinions on how to develop a relationship with a higher power & become more spiritual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I am not talking about Christianity and any other organized religion. I just want to become more spiritual and develop a relationship with a higher power.

Ron

My reply =
Quote:

To become more spiritual you just have to clear your mind & let the spiritual world speak & teach you things.

That will make it easy for the spiritual side to begin communicating with you, & then once you know what the spiritual side is like They will start manifesting, & lifting your soul out of your body, & taking you to learn more things about the spiritual side.

All you have to do is clear your mind & open it to the spiritual side so that the spiritual side can start communicating to you
I was on topic. I told him how to become more spiritual & develop a relationship with a higher power! You came in with a personal attack against me & nothing else, except the advice to shop around for good ideas elsewhere. LOL

Quote:
And what you end up with is a mix of philosophies that make you a spiritual citizen of the world.

A "Spiritual Citizen" is an actual spiritual person, Like a Ghost or Spirit; God for example. Not a mortal person with a bunch of spiritual teachings in his/her head. What you meant to say was "A Spiritually Minded Citizen of The World".

Old 12-05-2019, 11:19 PM

Quote:
The OP says he is not interested in religions or established beliefs. He wanted personal opinions on how to develop a relationship with a higher power & become more spiritual.

My reply =

I was on topic. I told him how to become more spiritual & develop a relationship with a higher power! You came in with a personal attack against me & nothing else, except the advice to shop around for good ideas elsewhere. LOL

A "Spiritual Citizen" is an actual spiritual person, Like a Ghost or Spirit; God for example. Not a mortal person with a bunch of spiritual teachings in his/her head. What you meant to say was "A Spiritually Minded Citizen of The World".
You have no more qualifications to be preaching than any of the rest of us lay people. You are not a source -- nor am I -- that someone should be basing a lifetime path to spirituality.

Old 12-05-2019, 11:37 PM

lifetime path?? No it is a 5 second path. Open your mind to God & BOOM!! You're There. LOL

The OP is asking folks for their opinions or point of view. I'm sure he knows that religious leaders do not hang out on forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Give your POv but please do not argue.

Ron

You came onto the thread & instantly attacked someone who gave their honest POv. So you started an argument instantly by doing that & he specifically asked people not to do that. LOL

So you had nothing to offer the thread at all except what he asked people Not to bring. LOL

Old 12-06-2019, 12:05 AM

Quote:
lifetime path?? No it is a 5 second path. Open your mind to God & BOOM!! You're There. LOL

The OP is asking folks for their opinions or point of view. I'm sure he knows that religious leaders do not hang out on forums.

You came onto the thread & instantly attacked someone who gave their honest POv. So you started an argument instantly by doing that & he specifically asked people not to do that. LOL

So you had nothing to offer the thread at all except what he asked people Not to bring. LOL
An argument takes two.

But once again, the OP should look into reliable sources about various paths. Your personal "visions", or my personal beliefs should not be the basis of developing a lifelong path. Paths to spirituality do not have to be a specific religion, but there are lots of people out there with wacko visions of their personal fantasies. That's not the way to go. After all, if he follows your path, he'll be thrown into the lake of fire repeatedly.

Old 12-06-2019, 12:15 AM

No. I gave my point of view & then you came in & said my point of view is no good. So you argued against my already written word. You were arguing from the get go. I just had to defend myself. I don't have to take all your insults every day. It would make people think you are correct if I don't rebuke your lies.

You need Jesus. He taught people to be good. That is a lesson you forgot to cherrypick on your lifetime spiritual path. LOL

Old 12-06-2019, 06:32 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,934,471 times
I suggest you visit some of the youtube sites on life after death experiences.

Old 12-06-2019, 07:05 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,978,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I suggest you visit some of the youtube sites on life after death experiences.
I do wonder what youtube has over what Jesus taught:
Sure ' Christendom ' (Not Scripture) teaches about 'afterlife '
Afterlife means being more alive after death than before death.
Whereas, Scripture teaches about a ' future ' resurrection time - Acts 24:15 when ' there will be ' a resurrection.....
Jesus taught the dead are in a sleep-like state as per John 11:11-14.
Jesus was well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures which teach unconscious sleep in death:
Such as - Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5.
The Bible's resurrection hope takes place during Jesus' coming 1,000-year reign over Earth.
In other words, during Jesus' millennium-long day of governing over Earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality