Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2009, 09:31 AM

206 posts, read 233,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermudagrass View Post
......ehhh.......i'm gonna go with "doesn't"

Is that just a guess, or you KNOW that for a fact?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 09:44 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,676,781 times
Well this kept going for awhile!! After reading all the posts and discussions. i must go with, I still dont know, actually I think none of us do. We can have faith he does, but that does not constitute proof or truth. We can assume he created the Universe, but it is just as logical to believe he didn't. When I die, if he exists and my being a good loving person that treats others very well and helps others more needy than myself is not good enough for him and he throws me to the devil in hell, well then I didn't want to know him anyway. Anyone that treats good people that way is not deserving to know me. If a God believes we should just bow down to him in servitude then he should not make us free willed or free thinking, kind of a contradiction and rather a large Ego. Seems a god would be more forgiving and understanding. But I have to remember this was written thousands of years ago, when threats and punishments were a way to enslave people and have power over them. Things are different now, and if he does not realize that, he is not a God. Thank you all for your insights and thoughts.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
If a God believes we should just bow down to him in servitude then he should not make us free willed or free thinking
If you gave someone a Cadillac and a brand new house, I expect you'd think that some gratitude were in order.

God has given you more than a Cadillac and a house, He gave you your very life. Everything you have and everything you can do, comes from Him.

-------------------------------------------------------

If you built a new machine never before seen, I expect you'd tell others how it were best utilized so as to not damage the surrounding environment and the people who live there.

Since God made you, He has given you instructions on how to live so as not to damage yourself and others by sinning.

Yeah, He expects you to think about that.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:08 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,800,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c'est la vie View Post
Is that just a guess, or you KNOW that for a fact?
I would say that it is most certainly a fact that the god of The Bible does not exist, yes.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
I would say that it is most certainly a fact that the god of The Bible does not exist, yes.
And you KNOW that how?

Are you omniscient?

Old 07-02-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
If you gave someone a Cadillac and a brand new house, I expect you'd think that some gratitude were in order.

God has given you more than a Cadillac and a house, He gave you your very life. Everything you have and everything you can do, comes from Him.

If you built a new machine never before seen, I expect you'd tell others how it were best utilized so as to not damage the surrounding environment and the people who live there.

Since God made you, He has given you instructions on how to live so as not to damage yourself and others by sinning.

Yeah, He expects you to think about that.
If someone gave me a new house and car I would wonder what the catch is, if they asked for my servitude, I would give it back.
If I made a machine never used before, some would welcome it and use it some would not. Both are Ok with me. I would not expect every one too.

My parents gave me life. Those are your beliefs and you are welcome to them, but don't think for a minute that I have to agree or believe just because you do.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
If someone gave me a new house and car I would wonder what the catch is.....My parents gave me life........
What was the 'catch'?

Did they expect your 'servitude'?

Old 07-02-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
What was the 'catch'?

Did they expect your 'servitude'?
Actually yes, I did all my chores and theirs for years And when they get old I will take care of them. And I get their UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. For all my mistakes as a child, I was never banished to a pit of hell. I got nothing by understanding and love.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:04 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,073,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post

How do you know?

Old 07-02-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Actually yes, I did all my chores and theirs for years And when they get old I will take care of them. And I get their UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.
It doesn't sound very 'unconditional' to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality