Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2009, 11:33 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,676,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by c'est la vie View Post
It doesn't sound very 'unconditional' to me.
Hahaha, you guys crack me up, where would you read into that? What chores? Funny!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 12:02 PM

206 posts, read 233,922 times
thank you, thank you

I'll be here all week.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:09 PM

1,513 posts, read 1,625,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Others state God, is an effect or cause, I was just telling you what I was told. Or there can be a simplicity other than God that you have not yet considered.

Please enlighten me as to what your idea of some of these other "simplicities" are.

"It would seem that change is the only thing that is constant."

My point about the Law of Causality is that it speaks to what we are able to observe and know exists within our known universe. What we observe are constant changes/effects. Modern science very strongly points toward a beginning of our known universe and, as well, very strongly points toward it's ultimate end. This is science speaking - opposed to mythological pie-in-the-sky-bye-and-bye. Science, logic and reason militate against your previously stated view of an eternally existing universe. Going back to the three aforementioned choices - is choice #3 beginning to look a little more sensible? If not, why not?

Old 07-02-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigetmax24 View Post

Please enlighten me as to what your idea of some of these other "simplicities" are.

"It would seem that change is the only thing that is constant."

My point about the Law of Causality is that it speaks to what we are able to observe and know exists within our known universe. What we observe are constant changes/effects. Modern science very strongly points toward a beginning of our known universe and, as well, very strongly points toward it's ultimate end. This is science speaking - opposed to mythological pie-in-the-sky-bye-and-bye. Science, logic and reason militate against your previously stated view of an eternally existing universe. Going back to the three aforementioned choices - is choice #3 beginning to look a little more sensible? If not, why not?
Simplicities is just that the Universe just is, no cosmic fairy created, it just came to be. You may not like or believe in it, but whatever, you are allowed to your beliefs and opinions. Thanks for your input. Moving on now.........

Old 07-02-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Simplicities is just that the Universe just is, no cosmic fairy created, it just came to be. You may not like or believe in it, but whatever, you are allowed to your beliefs and opinions. Thanks for your input. Moving on now.........
So much for honesty.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:26 PM

147 posts, read 312,957 times
Quote:
Well the two concepts are pretty much the same thing. One starts as God is the constant the other is with the universe. I've yet to really use either as an explanation for anything since they are essentially the same argument in a sense. Yes you can say well of course Occam's razor and take the one that seems to be the simplest of the two... yet honestly I'm not comfortable with either answer.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
So much for honesty.
What the he** does that mean? Because I wont spend hours taking your test on the Origins of the Universe? I asked for thoughts and ideas not a rambling on about what created the universe, which you can not prove as nor can I what really happened. So move on to something else. Like Where else in history, what text on ancient documents/scrolls have there been writing of Jesus and god and the events in the Bible? Any Archaeology findings? Things of that nature. Space has been hashed in this thread and in many others with no agreement. Moving on.......

Old 07-02-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajeck View Post
Well the two concepts are pretty much the same thing. One starts as God is the constant the other is with the universe. I've yet to really use either as an explanation for anything since they are essentially the same argument in a sense. Yes you can say well of course Occam's razor and take the one that seems to be the simplest of the two... yet honestly I'm not comfortable with either answer.
She is apparently fearful of a convincing answer to the OP.

No doubt a committed atheist from the beginning.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
What the he** does that mean? Because I wont spend hours taking your test on the Origins of the Universe? I asked for thoughts and ideas not a rambling on about what created the universe, which you can not prove as nor can I what really happened. So move on to something else. Like Where else in history, what text on ancient documents/scrolls have there been writing of Jesus and god and the events in the Bible? Any Archaeology findings? Things of that nature. Space has been hashed in this thread and in many others with no agreement. Moving on.......
YOU started the OP.

Do YOU want an answer or not?

Your OP states nothing about providing an answer in 20 pages or less.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
YOU started the OP.

Do YOU want an answer or not?

Your OP states nothing about providing an answer in 20 pages or less.
Then tell me the answer? Is the Universe all you got? Since you can not prove who or what created the Universe, just a theory, move on. Give me something else. There is a whole other thread on this very subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality