Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 07:25 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,842,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeGod View Post
Ungrateful?, really?, once Allah provides solid evidence to his existance (which shouldn't be too hard, right?) only then i will believe. PLEASE don't use the Quran to prove Allah's existance.

Your pleading is refused; the Quran is the proof which dumbs the disbeliever.

Moreover, God is the One That keeps the universe and its systems, preserves its laws and rules, and let all that be in harmony. And He holds the heavens and the earth (: the planets including the Earth), otherwise they will slip away and disperse in the space.

This is in the Quran 35: 41
إنّ اللهَ يُمسكُ السماوات والأرضَ أن تَزولا ولَئنْ زالتا إن أمسَكَهُما مِنْ أحدٍ مِنْ بَعدِهِ إنّهُ كانَ حليما غفوراً

The explanation:
(Surely, God holds back the heavens and the earth, that they escape not [the gravitation of the sun]; and if they were to escape [the gravitation of the sun], no one else than Him could hold them. He is Ever-Clement [and] Most Forgiving.)

The interpretation:
>> ( God holds back the heavens and the earth) means: He grasps the planets and the earth by the gravitation of the sun,

>> ( that they escape not [the gravitation of the sun] ) means: lest they should slip away from the sun, and scatter into the space.

>> ( and if they were to escape [the gravitation of the sun], ) as will they do on Doomsday,

>> ( no one else than Him could hold them.) means: Can anyone –apart from God – hold them back? That is because if the planets escape the gravitation of the sun, they will break up and become meteorites, then they will be attracted to the newly formed planets; because our sun will break up, on the Day of Doom, into planets; for this reason, God –be exalted- said:
إنْ أمسَكَهما مِنْ أحَدٍ مِنْ بَعْدِهِ
The explanation:
( no one else than Him could hold them.)

The meaning: If the planets escape from the gravitation and break up, then God –be exalted –will hold these pieces by another gravitational force. The reason for the slipping of the planets from the gravitation of the sun on Doomsday is that the sun will break up and its parts will scatter in the space.

Consequently, when it will break up the planets will also break up together with it; that is His saying –be exalted –in the Quran 82: 2
وإذا الكواكبُ انْتَثَرَتْ

The explanation:
(And when the [terrestrial] planets [shall break up into pieces that] shall be strewn about [in the space to be meteorites.] )

The interpretation: They will break up and their parts will disperse in the space; because they will become meteorites.

ÕÝÍÉ ÌÏíÏÉ 1
Then from the list of Contents, click on:
The gravity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 08:37 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,667,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
We cannot say: We shall go and we shall do this and that. But only this is up to God's help and God's will to let man achieve the reaching of his justified ambition to explore the unknown, and we hope He will inspire man the science and wisdom to the advantage of humanity. Amen.
I will explain this for your benefit so you MAY better understand. I did not say we WILL or SHALL do this or that. At the same time, we cannot say we WILL NOT or SHALL NOT do this or that. What I said was: "We MAY at some time in the future find a need for people to migrate there." In this case, it's meant to mean something that we MIGHT do.

Interesting how you sidestepped my reply about the CO2 point that you raised, as well as my concluding paragraph. Instead, you zeroed in on a minor sentence which you misunderstood anyway.

From your previous post:
Quote:
Like the frozen CO2 is not like what they thought in the past, and water on Mars which at the start they thought no water on the planet Mars.
I will say this about the water on Mars, once again you are not quite right. You're incorrect to say that at the start people thought there was no water on the planet Mars. In the late-1800s or early-1900s, Percival Lowell saw dark patches with criss-crossed lines on Mars and believed them to be water-filled canals, a sign of planet-wide intelligent life. For the next half century, many people thought it might be true, as the best photos of Mars at that time were very fuzzy with hard-to-see dark patches. When the first flyby probes zoomed close to Mars and snapped photos of the planet, people were hoping to see canals, water, and vast areas covered with plant life. Unfortunately, Mars looked more like the Moon covered with craters.

Past and present images of Mars.
UA Astronomy Marsfest - History

Old 07-25-2009, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
I will explain this for your benefit so you MAY better understand. I did not say we WILL or SHALL do this or that. At the same time, we cannot say we WILL NOT or SHALL NOT do this or that. What I said was: "We MAY at some time in the future find a need for people to migrate there." In this case, it's meant to mean something that we MIGHT do.

Interesting how you sidestepped my reply about the CO2 point that you raised, as well as my concluding paragraph. Instead, you zeroed in on a minor sentence which you misunderstood anyway.

From your previous post:

I will say this about the water on Mars, once again you are not quite right. You're incorrect to say that at the start people thought there was no water on the planet Mars. In the late-1800s or early-1900s, Percival Lowell saw dark patches with criss-crossed lines on Mars and believed them to be water-filled canals, a sign of planet-wide intelligent life. For the next half century, many people thought it might be true, as the best photos of Mars at that time were very fuzzy with hard-to-see dark patches. When the first flyby probes zoomed close to Mars and snapped photos of the planet, people were hoping to see canals, water, and vast areas covered with plant life. Unfortunately, Mars looked more like the Moon covered with craters.

Past and present images of Mars.
UA Astronomy Marsfest - History

I knew about these canals, since my childhood, then later on, I saw such pictures disappeared, so I made internet search, and found that they have now realized these were some light artifact in the photography or in the image of the simple telescope.

When they launched their Mariner, they came to many conclusion: so I mean from this date, they thought almost no water on Mars, and the polar regions are almost frozen CO2.

So see what changes the scientists have reached, so for your benefit (as you said) you have to think that many changes in their concepts are expected, and do not cling to the present concepts.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:27 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,667,667 times
Quote:
I knew about these canals, since my childhood, then later on, I saw such pictures disappeared, so I made internet search, and found that they have now realized these were some light artifact in the photography or in the image of the simple telescope.

When they launched their Mariner, they came to many conclusion: so I mean from this date, they thought almost no water on Mars, and the polar regions are almost frozen CO2.

So see what changes the scientists have reached, so for your benefit (as you said) you have to think that many changes in their concepts are expected, and do not cling to the present concepts.
The canals were not an artifact of the photography, because they were seen by an earlier astronomer named Giovanni Schiaperelli from Italy who called them "canali" which means "channels". But the translation into English was sloppy thinking it meant "canals". So that's partly why the lines were thought to be for moving water. The lines were "seen" because the view of Mars was so fuzzy and poor, and after long periods of staring at it, it was easy to imagine they started seeing lines by the darker areas. The darker areas were probably seasonal dust storms that can cover vast areas of Mars. The "canals" were most likely caused by eye strain in trying to make out blurred features.

Thank you for trying to provide information for my benefit, but once again you've got things backwards by saying, "...you have to think that many changes in their concepts are expected, and do not cling to the present concepts." That makes no sense at all. Concepts of the present are what people know in the present. While concepts can and do change, they change when better or newer information is introduced. That's talking about what might happen in the future. Of course change is expected. But since we don't know what will happen in the future, people have to make do with what is known in the present. Don't fool yourself in thinking that people forever "cling to present concepts." People change and so do their views about things. That's called "progress".

But why are you talking about clinging to present concepts and expecting changes in concepts, when you seem to prefer clinging to old, out-of-date, invalid concepts of the past of Mohammed-Ali Hassan al-Hilly? You haven't even reached any present concepts yet. Not much concept change to that, is there?

Old 07-26-2009, 01:06 PM

Mohammed-Ali Hassan al-Hilly was an inspired man; he did not graduate at any primary school, but only he read and wrote Arabic.

He said many things that turned to be true and real.

E.g. at 1947 he said Moon has no water, no life on it. When this was not yet proved and there were many postulations and novels speaking about some intelligent creatures on Mars, like that of H. G. Wells and others.

It was when they landed on Moon, when they became certain there is no life on Moon.

He said many other things depending on the interpretation of the Glorious Quran which seem to be astonishing.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
You know, your fingers are typing but all I'm seeing is the same old mindless babble. Fairy tales, fantasies, superstitious nonsense...

I think you are not seeing anything; your answer will be the same whatever words I may write.

To prove this tell me in your words what I have said?

Old 07-26-2009, 01:49 PM

People of the planets pray God

The inhabitants of the planets ask their needs from God Most Gracious, and He grants them their needs and answers their requests.

But because man does not know the knowledge of the fore-future, he today asks God for some of his needs, then tomorrow he will change his mind and ask for another request.

E.g. a man who does not have any son, he longs to have a son, so he asks of God to offer to him a son, then God will offer to him a boy that his wife will give birth to, and the father will be glad; but later on, he may have some problems because of his boy: either the boy is quarrelsome or for any other reason, then he will ask God to take away his boy, and he wish he has not such a boy!

Or he needs a job, and asks God sincerely to give him a job, then God Most Gracious will give him such job as he requested; but later on he may face some problems and wish that he would not have such a job.

Or he prays God to offer to him a house with such and such description, then when God offers to him the house that he longed for, he will wish that house was larger with more rooms or with a larger garden ...etc.

This is in the Quran 55: 29
يَسألُهُ مَنْ في السماواتِ و الأرضِ كلَّ يومٍ هوَ في شأنٍ

The explanation:
(Whosoever is in the heavens and the earth begs of Him;

every day [their begging] is in [a new] one of [their] affairs.)

ÕÝÍÉ ÌÏíÏÉ 1
The planets are inhabited

Old 07-26-2009, 10:48 PM

The existence of animals and man on the planets

The planets are earths like our Earth; their formation was at the same time; their origin is from the same past sun, that had been broken up in the previous Doomsday.

The constituents of the planets are almost similar, but it may be that some substance is more prevalent in one of the planets more than the rest of the planets.

The explanation of this variation: it may be on our Earth that we find iron concentrated in some countries and in some regions more than other countries. Or we may find gold mines or mines of the rest of elements in some countries more than the rest of countries.

But generally speaking, the elements are similar in all the planets.

The atmosphere of the planets: may differ somewhat in this planet from that planet, depending on many factors.

God – be glorified – created on these planets various forms of life that He created also on our Earth.

Water is available in these planets, and God created the plant, the animal and man-kind (in addition to genie-kind or demon-kind whom He created when the Earth and the planets were very hot, and hot gases emerged from these planets that filled their initial atmosphere in the form of smoke that was a mixture of many gases.)

God –be exalted –said in the Quran 42: 29
و مِنْ آياتِهِ خَلقُ السماواتِ و الأرضِ و ما بَثَّ فيهِما مِنْ دابّةٍ و هوَ على جَمعِهم إذا يَشاءُ قديرٌ

The explanation:
(And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth,
and what He has spread abroad therein of beasts [: moving creatures],
and He is All-Able to gather them if He wills.)

So in this aya, God said He created the heavens which here means the planets including the earth, and that He spread in the earth and the heavens (or the planets) of various kinds of moving creatures; because the word دابّةٍ means: any moving or mobile thing or creature: which is applicable to man and animal.

Moreover, He – glory be to Him – said He may gather between them, if He pleases to do so.

This indicates such meeting will be in the life of the World, not in the afterlife; because He decided that the meeting of the afterlife will be inevitable.

ÕÝÍÉ ÌÏíÏÉ 1
An anticipated meeting between the inhabitants of Earth and the inhabitants of some other planets

Old 07-28-2009, 08:54 AM

God guides and misguides the inhabitants of the planets

The inhabitants of the planets, like the people on earth, are God servants; their guidance is up to God alone:

He guides whomever He please to guide, and misguides whomever He likes to misguide:

This is according to what they deserve: if they are wrong-doers He misguides them, and if they are kind-hearted and good-doers He guides them to be submissive to Him alone without associate.

God –be exalted –said in the Quran 10: 99
ولو شاءَ ربُّكَ لآمَنَ مَنْ في الأرضِ كُلُّهم جَميعاً أفأنتَ تُكرِهُ النّاسَ حتّى يَكونُوامُؤمِنينَ

The explanation:
( [O Mohammed] if your Lord had willed, all those in the earth as a whole [: all the planets] would have believed. Then can you compel people to become believers ?)

Then why does He say: لآمَنَ مَنْ في الأرضِ كُلُّهم جَميعاً i.e. (all those in the earth as a whole [: all the terrestrial planets] would have believed.), while one word only, i.e. ‘all’ is enough ?

It means: It is up to God alone to guide or misguide all the inhabitants of the planets as a whole (these planets that were originally one earth).

And this meaning is also mentioned in many other ayat of the Glorious Quran.

ÕÝÍÉ ÌÏíÏÉ 1
Formation of the earth (Question 4 and its answer)

Last edited by eanassir; 07-28-2009 at 09:14 AM..

Old 07-28-2009, 09:15 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,712,422 times
Quote:
I think you are not seeing anything; your answer will be the same whatever words I may write.

To prove this tell me in your words what I have said?
I'm not the one making fantastical claims, you are. Thus, YOU are the one who needs to offer proof, and "proof" does not include babble from an ancient book written by desert nomads.

Since you're making claims that are directly related to scientific subjects, you need to provide SCIENTIFIC evidence for the validity of your claims. Religious manuals don't count, and until you realize that, you'll just have to get used to those of us who rely on logic, fact, and science to pooh-pooh your baseless ideas.

kthxdrivethru
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality