Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2009, 09:56 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,648,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
Of course, astronomers are excellent and their achievements are good, but this does not mean everything they did or said or thought is correct.
And you cannot say there is no people nor any living being or organism.
I shall keep your words, to remind you later on
And of course the probes were not misguided, but their owners are the misguided; because of their atheism and wrong-doing; like the ship is lost in the sea because of the sins of the crew.
I appreciate your clarification in recognizing that astronomers have done an excellent job and that the probes are just machines. Well done.

I have NOT ruled out the possibility that some kind of organisms might still exist on Mars, however most likely in the form of microorganisms, such as bacteria. Larger complex organisms are extremely unlikely, certainly not anything as complex as human beings with houses and buildings. Thank you for wanting to keep my words. Those words will be a lot more useful for your own benefit than for mine.

Also, to say that the "owners" of the probes are atheistic and wrong-doers is a mighty sweeping judgemental statement as you have no idea if that is true or not. I wouldn't be surprised that some people involved in the projects might be atheistic, but it's impossible to imply that the "owners" are all atheists. The projects are nothing more than an exploration of the planets. It has nothing to do with atheism vs religion. You are incorrectly judging many people based solely on your own personal opinion. Who appointed you to judge others or to say the "owners" of space probes are atheisic? The "owners" happen to be the citizens of many countries from around the world who finance these projects.

I have completely agreed that the rovers and landers to date have not, do not, and can not explore the entire planet. If you tried taking photos showing an entire city on Earth from the surface, it would be impossible for you to capture everything of that city. However, the orbiters are a different matter. They were designed to scan the entire surface of Mars. Images from them are very high resolution. Mars Odyssey Orbiter (launched by NASA) and Mars Express (launched by ESA) are two such orbiters. If there were anything the size of a town or village, these orbiters would easily be capable capturing such images. No cities, towns or villages have been seen anywhere on the planet. If such things do exist on Mars, then they must be extremely tiny cities with people the size of ants.

You are confusing your own personal opinions as if they are the same thing as actual facts. It's okay to have personal opinions. But it's a mistake to use an opinion as a fact. It's interesting that the only reference you seem to rely on and use are links to your own website. Are there no other websites that support your views?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 10:23 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,695,530 times
Quote:
that is because guidance and misguidance is only up to God alone, and the hearts of people are by His hand: He manipulates their hearts and minds as He please.
So your god WANTS me to be an atheist.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:40 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,838,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
I appreciate your clarification in recognizing that astronomers have done an excellent job and that the probes are just machines. Well done.

I have NOT ruled out the possibility that some kind of organisms might still exist on Mars, however most likely in the form of microorganisms, such as bacteria. Larger complex organisms are extremely unlikely, certainly not anything as complex as human beings with houses and buildings. Thank you for wanting to keep my words. Those words will be a lot more useful for your own benefit than for mine.

Also, to say that the "owners" of the probes are atheistic and wrong-doers is a mighty sweeping judgemental statement as you have no idea if that is true or not. I wouldn't be surprised that some people involved in the projects might be atheistic, but it's impossible to imply that the "owners" are all atheists. The projects are nothing more than an exploration of the planets. It has nothing to do with atheism vs religion. You are incorrectly judging many people based solely on your own personal opinion. Who appointed you to judge others or to say the "owners" of space probes are atheisic? The "owners" happen to be the citizens of many countries from around the world who finance these projects.

I have completely agreed that the rovers and landers to date have not, do not, and can not explore the entire planet. If you tried taking photos showing an entire city on Earth from the surface, it would be impossible for you to capture everything of that city. However, the orbiters are a different matter. They were designed to scan the entire surface of Mars. Images from them are very high resolution. Mars Odyssey Orbiter (launched by NASA) and Mars Express (launched by ESA) are two such orbiters. If there were anything the size of a town or village, these orbiters would easily be capable capturing such images. No cities, towns or villages have been seen anywhere on the planet. If such things do exist on Mars, then they must be extremely tiny cities with people the size of ants.

You are confusing your own personal opinions as if they are the same thing as actual facts. It's okay to have personal opinions. But it's a mistake to use an opinion as a fact. It's interesting that the only reference you seem to rely on and use are links to your own website. Are there no other websites that support your views?

When I said the owners are atheists; this is a general impression: in fact most of them are believers in God, but some of these believers are enthusiastic concerning Jesus and the patron saints.

And another point, if one of them is an atheist, and the others laugh with him and befriend with him while he is an enemy of God, then all of them are sharers in the sin: because he denies God Almighty, and they befriend with him.

In other words, if you hear somebody reviles God, and you are silent to him, then all of them will be sharers in the sin: the speaker and the hearer.

Another point: if the things as do you say: they mapped Mars and without any doubt there is no intelligent or any other forms of life on Mars, why then do they discuss and make research, and every day they discover and think about a new idea? Like the frozen CO2 is not like what they thought in the past, and water on Mars which at the start they thought no water on the planet Mars.

Last edited by eanassir; 07-25-2009 at 11:39 AM..

Old 07-25-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
So your god WANTS me to be an atheist.

God is not in need of all creatures; they are in need of Him.
He does not accept the ungratefulness: that one is ungrateful to Him: He bestows on him all the blessings and grace, but yet he reacts with being ungrateful, and He will punish them and take revenge of His enemies.

Therefore, God explains to man the correct way: to recognize Him alone and thank Him alone for His bounties, or to deny Him and be ungrateful; and leave to man the choice to choose either of the two ways.

This is in the Quran 76: 3-5
إِنَّا هَدَيْنَاهُ السَّبِيلَ إِمَّا شَاكِرًا وَإِمَّا كَفُورًا . إِنَّا أَعْتَدْنَا لِلْكَافِرِينَ سَلَاسِلَا وَأَغْلَالًا وَسَعِيرًا . إِنَّ الْأَبْرَارَ يَشْرَبُونَ مِن كَأْسٍ كَانَ مِزَاجُهَا كَافُورًا

The explanation:
(We have shown to him [: man] the [correct] way; [and have given to him the choice] whether to be grateful or ungrateful.

Surely, We have prepared, for unbelievers, chains and shackles [binding hands to necks] and a blazing fire.

Surely, those charitable [in the World] shall drink [in Paradise] a cup of wine mixed with Kafoor.)

God dislikes the proud, the miser and the wrong-doer, and He will misguide them.
On the other hand, God likes the good-doer, the modest who helps the poor and the weak.

Therefore, He will misguide the first of these two, and He will guide the second man.

Then He sends them the apostles to warn people of the consequence of the idolatry and the association with God: so whoever believes, will prosper;

But whoever disbelieve, will lose, and he cannot say when he is asked in the next afterlife; and he cannot say I was unaware; because the apostle came to him, but he denied.

Man after Death

Last edited by eanassir; 07-25-2009 at 11:40 AM..

Old 07-25-2009, 12:50 PM

24 posts, read 33,645 times
Quote:
He does not accept the ungratefulness: that one is ungrateful to Him
Ungrateful?, really?, once Allah provides solid evidence to his existance (which shouldn't be too hard, right?) only then i will believe. PLEASE don't use the Quran to prove Allah's existance.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
So you're changing your statement now, because I turned it around on you.

Oh, and I don't need any god. You cannot need something that doesn't exist.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:36 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,648,766 times
Quote:

Another point: if the things as do you say: they mapped Mars and without any doubt there is no intelligent or any other forms of life on Mars, why then do they discuss and make research, and every day they discover and think about a new idea? Like the frozen CO2 is not like what they thought in the past, and water on Mars which at the start they thought no water on the planet Mars.
Just because there is no intelligent life or other forms of complex organisms on Mars, doesn't mean the planet isn't worth exploring. At some point in the not too distant future, people will make a long journey to set foot on Mars for a 6-month stay. It will probably have to be a cooperative international venture because of the expense. But work is in progress to do it and to set up a permanent research station there. Mars is an extremely hostile environment for humans. For the foreseebale future, the only people who will go to Mars will generally be to study the planet, somewhat like research stations at Antarctica. However, Mars is much more of a difficult challenge for survival than the South Pole is. We may at some time in the future find a need for people to migrate there. That's pure speculation at the present time, but we won't know what we can or can't do without trying.

Your example about CO2 is not something unusual. At one time people thought there might be steaming jungles and dinosaurs on Venus. In the past, for the most part, all that was available were telescopes to look at it. We now have much better equipment to more accurately determine such things. In the future, we will have even better equipment and techniques than are available today.

As I've said before, do we know everything there is to know? Of course not. If we did, there'd be no need to learn and advance our knowledge. But that doesn't mean we know nothing at all. We know a lot more than we ever did in the past, and we will learn even more in the future. Learning is an ongoing process that will continue for as long as the human race exists.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
We may at some time in the future find a need for people to migrate there. That's pure speculation at the present time, but we won't know what we can or can't do without trying.

We cannot say: We shall go and we shall do this and that. But only this is up to God's help and God's will to let man achieve the reaching of his justified ambition to explore the unknown, and we hope He will inspire man the science and wisdom to the advantage of humanity. Amen.

ÕÝÍÉ ÌÏíÏÉ 1
Then from the list of Contents, click on:
The emigration to Mars

Old 07-25-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
So you're changing your statement now, because I turned it around on you.

Oh, and I don't need any god. You cannot need something that doesn't exist.

This is in the Quran 27: 62-63
أَمَّن يُجِيبُ الْمُضْطَرَّ إِذَا دَعَاهُ وَيَكْشِفُ السُّوءَ وَيَجْعَلُكُمْ خُلَفَاء الْأَرْضِ أَإِلَهٌ مَّعَ اللَّهِ قَلِيلًا مَّا تَذَكَّرُونَ . أَمَّن يَهْدِيكُمْ فِي ظُلُمَاتِ الْبَرِّ وَالْبَحْرِ وَمَن يُرْسِلُ الرِّيَاحَ بُشْرًا بَيْنَ يَدَيْ رَحْمَتِهِ أَإِلَهٌ مَّعَ اللَّهِ تَعَالَى اللَّهُ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ

The explanation:
([Are your associates better] or is He Who:

answers the distressed one when he cries to Him and removes the evil,

and makes you successors in the earth?

Is there [then] any god beside God? Only a minority of you receive admonition.

[Are your associates better] or is He Who:

guides you in the darkness of the land and the sea [when you lose the way in the vast sea or in the desert],

and Who sends the winds bearing the glad tidings and as heralds of [the rain which is] His mercy?

Is there [then] any god beside God? High exalted be God from all that they associate [with Him.])

Old 07-25-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
This is in the Quran 27: 62-63
أَمَّن يُجِيبُ الْمُضْطَرَّ إِذَا دَعَاهُ وَيَكْشِفُ السُّوءَ وَيَجْعَلُكُمْ خُلَفَاء الْأَرْضِ أَإِلَهٌ مَّعَ اللَّهِ قَلِيلًا مَّا تَذَكَّرُونَ . أَمَّن يَهْدِيكُمْ فِي ظُلُمَاتِ الْبَرِّ وَالْبَحْرِ وَمَن يُرْسِلُ الرِّيَاحَ بُشْرًا بَيْنَ يَدَيْ رَحْمَتِهِ أَإِلَهٌ مَّعَ اللَّهِ تَعَالَى اللَّهُ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ

The explanation:
([Are your associates better] or is He Who:

answers the distressed one when he cries to Him and removes the evil,

and makes you successors in the earth?

Is there [then] any god beside God? Only a minority of you receive admonition.

[Are your associates better] or is He Who:

guides you in the darkness of the land and the sea [when you lose the way in the vast sea or in the desert],

and Who sends the winds bearing the glad tidings and as heralds of [the rain which is] His mercy?

Is there [then] any god beside God? High exalted be God from all that they associate [with Him.])
You know, your fingers are typing but all I'm seeing is the same old mindless babble. Fairy tales, fantasies, superstitious nonsense...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality