Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 09:05 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,251,619 times

Advertisements

"Did ye then think that We had created you in jest, and that ye would not be brought back to Us (for account)?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 09:05 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,679,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
How can it be nothing happens? and this is the major theme of humanity, that all generations died and nothing is there
Nothing. I do believe in spirits, as I have had experiences, but as far as heaven and God, sorry do not buy into it. If my experiences were just my minds wish full thinking, well then all you have left is nothing... there is no evidence of anything else.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:06 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,837,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I don't know why I have the strange feeling that the OP is going to consider all these as the wrong answers.
Because you know I am certain about the afterlife.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Because you know I am certain about the afterlife.
You been there? Are you typing from the beyond?

Old 08-01-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
worm food.
This is the body will be consumed by worms, then decay and disintegrate and return to be dust or earth.

But the true man is the soul, not the body; it is just like the car and the driver: the car is the body and the driver is the soul.

Or like one wearing a suit, then he takes it off: is the suit the man, or the man is the one that wore it? Then can we address the suit, and say to it: John or George ..etc, and will it hear or understand; therefore, this is the body which will be like a cast board of wood, while the soul: it is the true man that sees, hears and perceives the pain and pleasure.

Man after Death
Then from the list of Contents, click on:
What is man?

Old 08-01-2009, 09:26 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,483,906 times
heaven/hell are sheer speculation but this i know-----
within 3 days your stuff is picked over by "friends" the rest goes in the trash downstairs or to the good will.
if you are lucky you get buried most get ashes scattered (10% the cost) even if you left them lots of money and a will saying "bury me" and you prepaid a cemetary plot, trust me they will sell the plot and scatter the ashes.
the funeral service if you get one, is the best part, people that would have little to do with you, over the top neglect, show up, "boo hoo hoo boo hoo hoo---what a guy, -- so where's my check."
often the people you left behind were not nice people--- but they think they are.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
"Did ye then think that We had created you in jest, and that ye would not be brought back to Us (for account)?"

moonsun, give the aya in Arabic, as it is in the Quran.
The English words are only the translation of the meaning according to the understanding of the translator; you have to give the Arabic text including the word of God, then you may give its meaning in any other language which is not the Quran, but only its explanation.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
You been there? Are you typing from the beyond?
Not necessarily; there have been many observations, I saw some of them that I may tell you later on.

And see this is a story of one who went to the next world of souls, stayed there for one hour, then returned to tell us some of what is there.

Man after Death
Was it death or fainting?

Old 08-01-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Not necessarily; there have been many observations, I saw some of them that I may tell you later on.

And see this is a story of one who went to the next world of souls, stayed there for one hour, then returned to tell us some of what is there.

Man after Death
Was it death or fainting?

From what I understand the near death comes from the brain. Although near death is not death, brain has to be dead for death, you can not come back form death.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:35 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,906,770 times
People can believe whatever they wish. The body is made from the inferior energy (meaning that it constantly changes.) How many of us still have our baby clothing ? I believe that when our souls have finished with this world, we take on another existence. Who says that it has to be human ? I enjoy reading about the Atma, and Paramatma. I don't believe that dead people lie in limbo after death waiting for the "God and Son" day of judgement. People who feel that "dead is dead," I hope they get just that. They sound eager to experience it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality