Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2009, 05:29 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,657,949 times

Advertisements

citizenkane2 wrote:
Quote:
Sorry dude....I just asked a simple question and it was off to the races! Everybody trying to convince others that Santa does exist.
Ok Mr. Chuckles, pardon me while I guffaw.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:36 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,059,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Naaaah. .... but it makes doing the business of helping people easier, comfortable, warmer, safer, and sanitary.

Not all churches are huge facilities and many are just strip mall spaces. But they are a sancuary for those that need. Even folks that don't believe.
I get it, a warm fuzzy building to match the warm fuzzies of your faith.

I am sure the temples jesus built had excellent latrine facilities. We shall just have to wait till someone unearths one of them I guess.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:11 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,470,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
yeshuasavedme wrote:
...I said I didn't know.

...We're not at a point in our understanding

...it's quite possible that we'll never know the answer.
Are you absolutely sure of all that?

It's about "peer review": My point of asking "you" if "you are god" was to point out the silliness of evolutionists who exalt Darwin, the non-scientist, who had no degrees in anything but theology, but then the evolutionists cry out for a strawman "peer review" of all Creationist's scientific writings before they can possibly be considered [HA!] as worthy to be looked at, even, by them.
There is not one evolutionist who is a "peer of God" and not one can qualify to "peer review" the Word of God.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
... All you folk do, as another poster said here, is throw some breadcrumbs to the have nots
You are slandering generally with no evidence to back up your claims.
What business is it of yours anyway?

Old 09-25-2009, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
You are slandering generally with no evidence to back up your claims.
What business is it of yours anyway?
Sorry for your disillusion, my evidence is first hand serving on the financial committee of the last church I attended.

90% of funds go to the salaries and upkeep of the building. In fact the previous pastor to the last one, when I quizzed him concerning the tithes and what happens with all the money told me unequivocally that a modern church is run much like a business. It was not until I was invited to serve on the committee with the new pastor how true his words actually were.

In fact the new pastor whom I played golf with told me just how many families are needed to have a maintenance ministry where one would be guaranteed (statistically) a livable monthly salary based on tithes and offerings.

Dear lady I was involved with that church for the most part of my 30 years as a xian.

A church is a business no matter how you try and spin it. There is no gawd and all the stuff you learn in church like the "gift of tongues" (which I can still invoke exactly as I did as an xian 5 years later) is all a matter of mass delusion.

Oh I have some real juicy stories - don't get me started.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Sorry for your disillusion, my evidence is first hand serving on the financial committee of the last church I attended.

90% of funds go to the salaries and upkeep of the building. In fact the previous pastor to the last one, when I quizzed him concerning the tithes and what happens with all the money told me unequivocally that a modern church is run much like a business. It was not until I was invited to serve on the committee with the new pastor how true his words actually were.

In fact the new pastor whom I played golf with told me just how many families are needed to have a maintenance ministry where one would be guaranteed (statistically) a livable monthly salary based on tithes and offerings.

Dear lady I was involved with that church for the most part of my 30 years as a xian.

A church is a business no matter how you try and spin it. There is no gawd and all the stuff you learn in church like the "gift of tongues" (which I can still invoke exactly as I did as an xian 5 years later) is all a matter of mass delusion.

Oh I have some real juicy stories - don't get me started.
Your experience was not in a Christian Church, no matter what the name on the door said. Obviously The Candlestick of Christ was not there. You are proof that it had no Life, as you had only a churchian experience, and not a living relationship with Jesus Christ.

We once attended a Church which lost its candlestick after some years, after being infiltrated with unregenerate "christians"; and then, finally, by choosing [voting in] a pastor who took the Church the worldly way. We hated to have to leave, but we had no choice, as most of the Believers also did, over time, with the once strong Community of Believers who impacted the City for so many things good, losing so many members who voted with their feet, that after nearly two thousand people left there was only a core group of a few hundred left. The day care and Elementary school was about all they had going on in the buildings for a while.
But the nice thing was that out of those who left, probably ten or more new Churches rose up in the area which were started mainly by small groups who had left that one, and they in turn reached out to the community as Christ would do; and more good came out of it in the end, as more people came to know Jesus and get involved in living the Christian life in fellowship with other like minded believers.

We ended up attending one of the new Churches which began in the community, which was a Calvary Chapel -of Costa Mesa- affiliated Church.
That Church grew, as hungry for God people came in to find Jesus real, powerful, and able to save them and meet their needs, and then that Church branched out to about four more, at least, over the past four decades.

Didn't you ever read the letters to the Churches in Revelation, from Jesus, via John? Jesus did not pretend that all Churches who have begun in the Spirit of Christ remained in His Spirit, and He gave warnings to those who needed it and said if they would not repent, He would remove their candlestick. That's what happens when a living Church loses the presence of Christ.

Old 09-26-2009, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Your experience was not in a Christian Church, no matter what the name on the door said. Obviously The Candlestick of Christ was not there. You are proof that it had no Life, as you had only a churchian experience, and not a living relationship with Jesus Christ.
Oh of course, the no true Scotsman fallacy, now why did I think you would not use that? Yes I had a relationship or so I thought, its all a delusion.
Quote:
We once attended a Church which lost its candlestick after some years, after being infiltrated with unregenerate "christians"; and then, finally, by choosing [voting in] a pastor who took the Church the worldly way. We hated to have to leave, but we had no choice, as most of the Believers also did, over time, with the once strong Community of Believers who impacted the City for so many things good, losing so many members who voted with their feet, that after nearly two thousand people left there was only a core group of a few hundred left. The day care and Elementary school was about all they had going on in the buildings for a while.
But the nice thing was that out of those who left, probably ten or more new Churches rose up in the area which were started mainly by small groups who had left that one, and they in turn reached out to the community as Christ would do; and more good came out of it in the end, as more people came to know Jesus and get involved in living the Christian life in fellowship with other like minded believers.
Yeah, the universal solution, leave a start a new church. I guess that is why there are over 30,000 denominations now.
Quote:
We ended up attending one of the new Churches which began in the community, which was a Calvary Chapel -of Costa Mesa- affiliated Church.
That Church grew, as hungry for God people came in to find Jesus real, powerful, and able to save them and meet their needs, and then that Church branched out to about four more, at least, over the past four decades.

Didn't you ever read the letters to the Churches in Revelation, from Jesus, via John? Jesus did not pretend that all Churches who have begun in the Spirit of Christ remained in His Spirit, and He gave warnings to those who needed it and said if they would not repent, He would remove their candlestick. That's what happens when a living Church loses the presence of Christ.
I have read the bible multiple times and that is why I am now an atheist, it is the best antidote for the "illness" of xianity. Oh and BTW I researched early church history and read many textual critiques of the bible. But it was the bible and folk like you that finally pushed me away.

But then again I had a British education and learned real science not pseudo creation nonsense so I did not have to deal with that aspect of the mythos.

Once your gawd heals an amputee, maybe then I will reconsider, till then I will voice my opinion against the xian myth.

Oh and BTW, you true christians(tm) were already telling me I was not a christian even when I still was a believer so yeah, it is all codwallop. A great klub for bigots.

Old 09-26-2009, 04:31 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,578,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
The only basis for your opinion on the matter (goddunit) stems from an ancient manuscript proven wrong and self-contradictory so often that it is no more than a poorly written fantasy novel. You are compeltely wrong from the get-go since you are using a base data proven inherently flawed, and even disproven as well.

Science, on the other hand, is an ongoing process seeking to fully understand the origins of the universe, this planet, and us, and already has what appears to be an accurate theory on the matter.

Does Science have all the answers, yet?

Newp, but then again "goddunit" doesn't approach being science in the least, and considering that Jehovah, as a creator god, is disproven (and your scriptures disproven as well), deity simply is not a viable option where the investigation of the Universe is concerned.

Dag nabit!!! What does your opinion stem from? Conjecture? Guessing? It has to be. You have no solid evidence for your theory. No eyewitness to this "something out of nothing" event.

Again...you guess are demonstrating MORE faith than Christians do!

Do you look at this can and presuppose that it just happened? The perfect dimensions that make it hold the right amount of fluid ounces? The red color on the metal aluminum? The white specially designed lettering? The small print that tells you what the drink is made of?

That is what you guys are doing. But on a much larger scale. The perfect order and complexity of this universe....of even earth's ecosphere
is even more than that simple coke can.

Something out of nothing.

but I'm just an ol' hayseed!

Old 09-26-2009, 04:37 AM

Quote:
I get it, a warm fuzzy building to match the warm fuzzies of your faith.

I am sure the temples jesus built had excellent latrine facilities. We shall just have to wait till someone unearths one of them I guess.
Warm and fuzzies are great.

Well....Jesus had a specific purpose. If you read the Bible you'd know this. You know your bible don't you?

He laid a foundation for future generations.

Think about it. Just because your parents only had a two-bedroom house, doesn't mean that's all they intended for you to have.

Old 09-26-2009, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Your wack-ball assumptive conclusions illustrate your very special IQ. I can't argue with sand. Bye now; you're on my Ignore List.

Me and my low IQ love you too. See ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality