Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 10:59 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,189,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Yeah! Interesting isn't ...that this god came to Earth in human form to spread his message yet wrote not one single word of it himself. In his infinite wisdom, he thought it better to leave that to fallible humans.
Worse than that, after he supposedly died and was resurrected, he didn't even have the courage to face down his accusers.

Imagine if he had appeared before Pilate and the entire Legion VI Ferrata and Legion X Fretensi, plus the Pharisees, Sadducees and Sanhedrin.

The whole [known] world would have been convinced and converted to christianity.

I guess god ain't all that smart.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 05:31 AM

2,074 posts, read 2,165,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Well then it won't fly... But to Jews it is insulting to call the Bible the old testament. Plain and simple. You are a rare person who even knows that the Hebrew scriptures are called the Tanakh. I don't ask Christians not to call Jesus Messiah they can call him what ever they choose. He still is not the messiah, but a man who was a Jew.
Sorry, I beg to differ. Jesus was the messiah - anointed one in Hebrew. And what's it all about anyway? In order to understand, we must go back to the beginning... to Adam and Eve.

At the time of their creation, they were given the opportunity to receive God's Divine Love in their souls, so that they would obtain immortality. But what did they do? They refused it, and that was the reason for their great fall and sin and evil followed. So this opportunity for them and all those born thereafter until the time of Jesus was taken off the table. Not one person could receive this gift of Love from God.

When Jesus' soul was created by God, He implanted in it a longing to know Him and Jesus as a little boy was very religious and without sin and began receiving GDL. He was the very first person ever born to receive it and eventually he became a divine man... the Christ. His teachings were and are that this Divine Love is available to us if it is something we so desire... which me and my friends do.

So you see what a simple message it is.

Jesus had made many attempts to enlighten us to his teachings and the last medium before Padgett was Swedenborg. But Swedenborg wasn't able to fully comprehend who Jesus was, so it was a failed attempt. Then when he learned of Padgett, he knew this man had the qualities of mediumship to be able to receive his teachings and the higher truths of God by automatic writing. So he worked with Padgett and, along with Padgett's wife and grandmother, they encouraged him to pray and he did and the result is the awesome writings of Jesus in the Padgett messages, which I've shared here on a previous post.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:03 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,326,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Worse than that, after he supposedly died and was resurrected, he didn't even have the courage to face down his accusers.

Imagine if he had appeared before Pilate and the entire Legion VI Ferrata and Legion X Fretensi, plus the Pharisees, Sadducees and Sanhedrin.

The whole [known] world would have been convinced and converted to christianity.

I guess god ain't all that smart.

Correct.

So no writings. The stories that are written down are done decades after the fact and they contradict one another. And of all things, even though Jesus lived, only a few select people actually saw him.

How convenient... <<said in my Jon Lovitz voice>>

Old 09-09-2010, 06:10 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,062,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Sorry, I beg to differ. Jesus was the messiah - anointed one in Hebrew. And what's it all about anyway? In order to understand, we must go back to the beginning... to Adam and Eve.

At the time of their creation, they were given the opportunity to receive God's Divine Love in their souls, so that they would obtain immortality. But what did they do? They refused it, and that was the reason for their great fall and sin and evil followed. So this opportunity for them and all those born thereafter until the time of Jesus was taken off the table. Not one person could receive this gift of Love from God.

When Jesus' soul was created by God, He implanted in it a longing to know Him and Jesus as a little boy was very religious and without sin and began receiving GDL. He was the very first person ever born to receive it and eventually he became a divine man... the Christ. His teachings were and are that this Divine Love is available to us if it is something we so desire... which me and my friends do.

So you see what a simple message it is.

Jesus had made many attempts to enlighten us to his teachings and the last medium before Padgett was Swedenborg. But Swedenborg wasn't able to fully comprehend who Jesus was, so it was a failed attempt. Then when he learned of Padgett, he knew this man had the qualities of mediumship to be able to receive his teachings and the higher truths of God by automatic writing. So he worked with Padgett and, along with Padgett's wife and grandmother, they encouraged him to pray and he did and the result is the awesome writings of Jesus in the Padgett messages, which I've shared here on a previous post.
Gnosticism...

Old 09-09-2010, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Gnosticism...
There are so many definitions of gnosticism, it's difficult to know which one you're referring to... so let's use this one as an example:

"The Gnostics supposedly had knowledge of God that was exclusive. They considered themselves superior to the average Christian. The Gnostics prior to Christianity taught that man is composed of body, soul, and spirit. The body and the soul are man's earthly existence, and were considered evil. Enclosed in mans soul, is the spirit, a divine substance of man. This “spirit” was asleep and ignorant and needed to be awakened. It could only be liberated by this special knowledge, that would be called by the modern term illumination."

You'll see that one sentence is underlined and the reason for this is that it is the philosophy of the New Agers and not from Jesus' teachings, as there is no divine substance of man... until and unless we ask for it from God. So therefore, your conclusion that what I'm sharing is gnosticism is incorrect.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:48 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,062,015 times
Quote:
There are so many definitions of gnosticism, it's difficult to know which one you're referring to... so let's use this one as an example:

"The Gnostics supposedly had knowledge of God that was exclusive. They considered themselves superior to the average Christian. The Gnostics prior to Christianity taught that man is composed of body, soul, and spirit. The body and the soul are man's earthly existence, and were considered evil. Enclosed in mans soul, is the spirit, a divine substance of man. This “spirit” was asleep and ignorant and needed to be awakened. It could only be liberated by this special knowledge, that would be called by the modern term illumination."

You'll see that one sentence is underlined and the reason for this is that it is the philosophy of the New Agers and not from Jesus' teachings, as there is no divine substance of man... until and unless we ask for it from God. So therefore, your conclusion that what I'm sharing is gnosticism is incorrect.
No, it is not...

Old 09-09-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No, it is not...
Well, since you're not explaining a reason why you make this claim, I can't respond until you do. So what do you mean by this anyway?

Old 09-09-2010, 03:46 PM

308 posts, read 427,765 times
Jesus, if he actually existed, was likely illiterate as were post people during that time frame.

God on Earth can't read.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:03 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,624,794 times
Quote:
Sorry, I beg to differ. Jesus was the messiah - anointed one in Hebrew.
You may differ to your heart's content, but you aren't going to change the reality of the situation. The Jewish community in Palestine and Judea, of which Yeshua ben Yosef was a part, did not consider him to be a messiah, let alone THE Messiah.

That is a construct of Christianity, a religion with which the man who came to be known as Jesus had absolutely nothing to do. It all happened years, if not decades and centuries, after his death.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:06 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,508,493 times
Jesus was just s a disciple of John the Baptist until Paul got a hold of the story several decades later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality