Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2010, 08:10 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,163,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Automatic writing: James Randi Educational Foundation — An Encyclopedia of Claims, Frauds, and Hoaxes of the Occult and Supernatural This idea has been popular with spiritualists from the beginning of that religion, and one Swiss spirit medium named Hélène Smith (née Catherine-Elise Müller, 1863?-?) even invented an entire written language which she used to relate details of Martian civilization to her sitters. Psychologist Theodore Flournoy examined Mlle. Smith's claims and found that this language was very similar to French, using the same syntax. Mlle. Smith's native tongue was French.
Oh, what does he know.

I sent him an email last year and asked if he'd like to see an image of a spirit that appeared in the background of a picture I took at my home. Here's what this genius had to say:

"From: jrefrandi@gmail.com
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 14:54:01 -0500

No, it's an image of what you choose to believe is a spirit."

There's no doubt about it, one day he'll get a clue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 10:07 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Oh, what does he know.

I sent him an email last year and asked if he'd like to see an image of a spirit that appeared in the background of a picture I took at my home. Here's what this genius had to say:

"From: jrefrandi@gmail.com
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 14:54:01 -0500

No, it's an image of what you choose to believe is a spirit."

There's no doubt about it, one day he'll get a clue.
You wouldn't care to post it here?

Old 09-17-2010, 10:18 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I would like to see it as well.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:34 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,163,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Actually, I did post it on another thread quite awhile ago, but I saw that the image is gone, so I'll give you the link from my website. The reason I took this picture was to photograph the handprint of my daughter, who was about a year old at the time, so this is about 29 years old and the quality isn't so great. But beyond the handprint, there is a lady spirit who is standing at a doorway and she's facing to the left. It doesn't show up well on this scan, but her face and neck are blue on the original and you can see the neckline of her dress and there are buttons down the front and folds down the skirt and a hemline at the bottom.

http://celestialvisionproductions.co...it%20Photo.jpg

I'm also going to link another spirit photo. This was taken in 1920 and in the image is Dr. Leslie Stone and his spirit soulmate Mary Kennedy. She was able to manifest a pretty clear image, however, keep in mind the age of this one, too. Dr. Stone was James Padgett's friend and he was responsible for compiling the automatic writings into books... the first book published in 1940.

SPIRIT PHOTOS of Mary Kennedy, soulmate of Dr. Stome, as she appeared in 1920, alone and with the publisher.

Old 09-18-2010, 04:10 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Actually, I did post it on another thread quite awhile ago, but I saw that the image is gone, so I'll give you the link from my website. The reason I took this picture was to photograph the handprint of my daughter, who was about a year old at the time, so this is about 29 years old and the quality isn't so great. But beyond the handprint, there is a lady spirit who is standing at a doorway and she's facing to the left. It doesn't show up well on this scan, but her face and neck are blue on the original and you can see the neckline of her dress and there are buttons down the front and folds down the skirt and a hemline at the bottom.

http://celestialvisionproductions.co...it%20Photo.jpg

I'm also going to link another spirit photo. This was taken in 1920 and in the image is Dr. Leslie Stone and his spirit soulmate Mary Kennedy. She was able to manifest a pretty clear image, however, keep in mind the age of this one, too. Dr. Stone was James Padgett's friend and he was responsible for compiling the automatic writings into books... the first book published in 1940.

SPIRIT PHOTOS of Mary Kennedy, soulmate of Dr. Stome, as she appeared in 1920, alone and with the publisher.
I couldn't 'remote view' the first one without upgrading my account, apparently, but I saw the other one Ok and - I'm sorry. I had to chuckle. Considering that the sitter is being cuddled by a pretty lady and a spirit one, too, he seems to be aware of no - one but the photographer.

Look a bit closer and note that the female figure is - sorry, can't avoid the term - painted in broader brushstrokes than the seated figure. The eyes are mere blobs while the sitter's are very clear. But I suppose one could explain that away as the result of being a spirit manifestation.

P.s I fear we are getting off - topic but it was an offshoot of Jesus' writing that he left..pretty recently. I have to say that I remain of the view that he not only left no writings, but the reported deeds and sayings are not to be given credence, either in the Gospels or in the spirit messages.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 09-18-2010 at 04:17 AM.. Reason: Ps. Thanks.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:04 PM

1 posts, read 896 times
I have wonderd the very same has anyone ever wondered what he was writing on thee ground when mary magdalene was almost stoned. N to the ones whom said they couldnt read or write back them then how was the bible written?.......

Old 02-19-2013, 01:31 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
The thread about the book of Jesus got me to thinking about a question that has never even occurred to me before. I think it would be likely that Jesus like most of the population at the time would have been unable to read or write although I've never heard anyone express an opinion on it. Of course if he was able to turn water into wine I wouldn't think that it would have been difficult at all to do so (obligatory sarcastic remark).
When you stop and think about it the Bible only contains written accounts of the life of Jesus that were written long after his death. Because Christians believe that the Bible is God's word wouldn't it have made alot more sense to have Jesus contribute a certain portion of the Bible in his own words? That would have ended so much of the speculation and unanswered questions regarding his life and his message. Has anyone ever heard of anything whatsoever that was ever written and directly attributed to Jesus?
He is God. He inspired the whole Bible....so all 66 books are his.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:07 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
He is God. He inspired the whole Bible....so all 66 books are his.
He never existed and so had nothing to do with the bible....so none of the books are his.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:19 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
He never existed and so had nothing to do with the bible....so none of the books are his.
Prove it

Old 02-21-2013, 02:23 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
no he did not nor did he leave any finger prints or dna on typewriters when prepared the 4 gospels.
my best take is that jesus did exist and was 'the white budda" that is legend in the mideast. he is obviously not teaching a local religion. the utter blank on life of jesus from 12 to 30 years of age is probably the doing of the vatican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality