Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2010, 09:04 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
More poppycock... so sorry.
Jesus was a follower of John the Baptist for much of his adult life, it's right there in the bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 10:47 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
And of all things, even though Jesus lived, only a few select people actually saw him.
Yep, a deity that chose to bedazzle just a small handful of people in an obscure part of the world. You'd think that even if he wasn't going to leave any writings himself, he might have put in an appearance to a few of the historians that were around at the time so that at least there would be something about him.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:40 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,692 times
Jesus came here to give new revelations about God and our connections to that God. Just like today, we have the fundamentalists, the athiests, the buddhists, the Zaoists, etc. Each with their own "truth". When Jesus started revealing Truths that came straight from God, He received the same reactions that we see today. People stuck in their own religions without giving another religion, or set of beliefs, a chance. I now know why Jeus never taught to the fundies. He was being rediculed at every turn because someone didn't believe what He said regarding God and His love for all mankind.

Jesus was a man who became Divine by doing the will of God. He became perfect as our Father is perfect. Honestly, are you all so strong in your beliefs, or lack of, that you are so much better than a God or even Jesus for that matter? Why would Jesus leave anything knowing what kind of reactions He would receive, even in this advanced stage of our being on earth? He lived His life KNOWING He would receive this kind of ill treatment. He stuck by God throughout His life even though people like you would stab and poke and prod at His own Divine consciousness. If you truely want to know Jesus and why He didn't write anything, open your hearts and minds to all that is possible and sincerely and honestly want to know the truth instead of wallowing in whatever muck your stuck in.

Jesus becamse Divine because He knew God from the beginning, just like all of us, and He never once faltered in that Truth. To all the fundies, if your a true follower of Jesus, stop with the hatred because others believe in something different. Stop the "my religion is true and yours isn't" bull. We are all in this world TOGETHER and in order to have peace, we must all work together. We ARE each other at our spiritual root source.

It really doesn't matter anyway because you see, whether or not Jesus left any writings will not get you into heaven. We shouldn't really worry over the petty things in life. We should be working towards what will get us into heaven. Peace, understanding, compassion, LOVE, forgiveness and all that is GOOD.

I like a good debate but some debates aren't worth persuing after a time.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:16 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Jesus came here to give new revelations about God and our connections to that God. Just like today, we have the fundamentalists, the athiests, the buddhists, the Zaoists, etc. Each with their own "truth". When Jesus started revealing Truths that came straight from God, He received the same reactions that we see today. People stuck in their own religions without giving another religion, or set of beliefs, a chance. I now know why Jeus never taught to the fundies. He was being rediculed at every turn because someone didn't believe what He said regarding God and His love for all mankind.

Jesus was a man who became Divine by doing the will of God. He became perfect as our Father is perfect. Honestly, are you all so strong in your beliefs, or lack of, that you are so much better than a God or even Jesus for that matter? Why would Jesus leave anything knowing what kind of reactions He would receive, even in this advanced stage of our being on earth? He lived His life KNOWING He would receive this kind of ill treatment. He stuck by God throughout His life even though people like you would stab and poke and prod at His own Divine consciousness. If you truely want to know Jesus and why He didn't write anything, open your hearts and minds to all that is possible and sincerely and honestly want to know the truth instead of wallowing in whatever muck your stuck in.

Jesus becamse Divine because He knew God from the beginning, just like all of us, and He never once faltered in that Truth. To all the fundies, if your a true follower of Jesus, stop with the hatred because others believe in something different. Stop the "my religion is true and yours isn't" bull. We are all in this world TOGETHER and in order to have peace, we must all work together. We ARE each other at our spiritual root source.

It really doesn't matter anyway because you see, whether or not Jesus left any writings will not get you into heaven. We shouldn't really worry over the petty things in life. We should be working towards what will get us into heaven. Peace, understanding, compassion, LOVE, forgiveness and all that is GOOD.

I like a good debate but some debates aren't worth persuing after a time.
True, some debates aren't worth pursuing because you have your truth and others have their truth and we all feel that our truth is correct.

So at some point we need to just agree to disagree and go our separate ways.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:49 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Well, now are you talking about Luke's and Matthew's Bible accounts? If so, what do we know about those gospels... they were hijacked at some point and are inaccurate. And here's what Luke writes:

Countless Changes Have Been Made in the Copying and Recopying of the Original Manuscripts Left by the Disciples and Apostles of Jesus (http://tinyurl.com/3xj7bhv - broken link)

Here's Jesus' own words about his life.

Description of Birth and Life of Jesus Up to the Time of His Public Ministry (http://tinyurl.com/yahyfgx - broken link)

I have already explained to you that this site is not telling the truth.

"The Bible story of my birth and the flight of my parents and the murder of the innocents, is substantially correct; and I only wish to add to it, that when my parents arrived in Bethlehem they were not compelled to seek the manger of a stable .."

The Bethlehem story cannot be 'substantially correct'. The massacre of the innocents never happened. I have said this before. The claims of that website are false. The messages are not from Luke or Jesus, unless they are lying to you.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:54 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
True, some debates aren't worth pursuing because you have your truth and others have their truth and we all feel that our truth is correct.

So at some point we need to just agree to disagree and go our separate ways.
Which is awfully tempting and sounds very reasonable but is actually giving the theist an easy Draw. To the theist a draw is a win. If someone's argument is not supported by logic and evidence it should be shown to be so. Agreeing to differ just allows them an undeserved equal credibility.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:57 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Where did you find this garbage?

Quote:
"The Bible story of my birth and the flight of my parents and the murder of the innocents, is substantially correct; and I only wish to add to it, that when my parents arrived in Bethlehem they were not compelled to seek the manger of a stable .."
That person is clearly an ignoramus and has never been to any country in MENA.

A manger is located inside a house, not outside.

The manger was for newborn animals, primarily sheep and goats, and sometimes a newborn donkey foal. Young hens might also be kept there. It was usually adjacent to the kitchen area where the hearth could provide some warmth for the animals.

Since Jesus was supposedly a carpenter, I doubt he could even write.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:15 AM

2,069 posts, read 2,161,612 times
Quote:

The Bethlehem story cannot be 'substantially correct'. The massacre of the innocents never happened. I have said this before. The claims of that website are false. The messages are not from Luke or Jesus, unless they are lying to you.
Who and what is your source?

Old 09-13-2010, 10:49 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,692 times
Quote:
Which is awfully tempting and sounds very reasonable but is actually giving the theist an easy Draw. To the theist a draw is a win. If someone's argument is not supported by logic and evidence it should be shown to be so. Agreeing to differ just allows them an undeserved equal credibility.
Actually, "logic" and "evidence" can only be supported by the one who agrees with the logic or evidence. One persons logic is no worse or better than anothers. It's in the experience itself where we grow in logic and within our own selves where evidence resides when it comes to our spiritual nature. By agreeing to disagree, we fall in line with what Jesus taught. To turn the other cheek, to love one another, to figive and have compassion. No where in His teachings does He say evidence or logic are necessary. When you grow spirtually, you come closer to Truth and the evidence can only be supported by the self.

There are no winners in the Kingdom of God. There are only children of God's doing the best they can and loving each other. Winning an argument in no way gets you through those pearly gates in the end.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:06 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Since Jesus was supposedly a carpenter, I doubt he could even write.
In addition to being a carpenter (thereby, would've been able to read construction plans, including measurements), Jesus of Nazareth was an observant Jew and a rabbi (thus, making him a Pharisee, as well) who would've been able to read and write both Hebrew and Aramaic (using the Hebrew alphabet) in order to participate in the three daily (evening, morning and afternoon) worship services, let alone the weekly Shabbat (Sabbath) service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality