Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2010, 09:26 AM

2,074 posts, read 2,164,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
You may differ to your heart's content, but you aren't going to change the reality of the situation. The Jewish community in Palestine and Judea, of which Yeshua ben Yosef was a part, did not consider him to be a messiah, let alone THE Messiah.

That is a construct of Christianity, a religion with which the man who came to be known as Jesus had absolutely nothing to do. It all happened years, if not decades and centuries, after his death.
Well, I know that and the Jewish community was mistaken. Because they were looking for a stranger and they still are... not one of their own who was, indeed, the blessed one. And as I have posted above, the reason why Jesus was the Messiah has to do with him being the first person on earth to receive God's Divine Love in his soul and his mission then was to tell everyone he knew about it so they could receive it, too.

His teachings were lost after his passing and what resulted is the present-day Christianity that teach errors that Jesus was God walking and that he died on the cross to save our sins. These are errors... as was the Jews non-belief of Jesus' messiahship... as well as the virgin birth.

Last edited by SoCalAngel2009; 09-10-2010 at 09:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Jesus was just s a disciple of John the Baptist.
More poppycock... so sorry.

Old 09-10-2010, 11:23 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
You may differ to your heart's content, but you aren't going to change the reality of the situation. The Jewish community in Palestine and Judea, of which Yeshua ben Yosef was a part, did not consider him to be a messiah, let alone THE Messiah.
We know . . . that is the point and part of the validation of Jesus. From Matthew 21:42

. . . Did you never read in the Scriptures, 'The stone which the builders rejected, has become the corner stone; by the Lord this has been done, and it is wonderful in our eyes?'

Clearly the Jews are the “builders” who rejected Jesus who has, in more ways than one, become the cornerstone!

Old 09-10-2010, 07:03 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,045,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Me, too. As far back as I could reason. I'm afraid that if I went to the synagogue they would laugh at me. I once read that they can do a DNA check now for you. I have family from Prussia. You never know. I look Jewish.

There are aszkhanazi markers that show if you have ancestry but it won't prove you are a Jew. I converted to Judaism and even when I was first starting to learn about Judaism and attending shul for the first time I was welcomed. The community I am a part of now has Jews of all races. My family came from eastern Germany and the other half is dutch.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:29 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,616,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Well, I know that and the Jewish community was mistaken.
How convenient that you can write off Judaism in one nice, neat little sentence. Perhaps it was really the Christian community that was mistaken, to follow a religion created centuries after the fact, using a person as its centerpiece who had nothing to do with it.

Of course, it's not possible to acknowledge that--or even the possibility--is it?

Old 09-11-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
How convenient that you can write off Judaism in one nice, neat little sentence. Perhaps it was really the Christian community that was mistaken, to follow a religion created centuries after the fact, using a person as its centerpiece who had nothing to do with it. Of course, it's not possible to acknowledge that--or even the possibility--is it?
Well, so how does my statement that they are mistaken that Jesus was the Messiah translate into your conclusion that I'm writing them off?

Here's what I know. The principle tenets of Judiasm, Christianity, and Islam have this factor in common... they promote purification of our natural love. So this is a good thing and commendable and they should be applauded for this even though there are three different belief systems that are in error here as to who Jesus was and is. So you see, the Christians are just as wrong as Judiasm is just as wrong as Islam and they are all in the same boat in that regard.

But having said all that, the most important thing that these religions fail to teach or even understand is Jesus' teachings and it is these teachings rather than the fact that he was the teacher that need to be front and center here. And as I've posted his teachings many times and I'll do it again... it's all about receiving God's Divine Love in our soul. Such a simple and easy thing to do... as it only involves a personal prayer to God, no church attendance or tithing required... and what it brings is a magnificent transforming divine purification to our souls.

If there are any other religions out there that teach this as well as God's truths... without putting their own spin on things, I'm not aware of them, but I'd sure like to know if there are.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:33 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,750,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Well, so how does my statement that they are mistaken that Jesus was the Messiah translate into your conclusion that I'm writing them off?

Here's what I know. The principle tenets of Judiasm, Christianity, and Islam have this factor in common... they promote purification of our natural love. So this is a good thing and commendable and they should be applauded for this even though there are three different belief systems that are in error here as to who Jesus was and is. So you see, the Christians are just as wrong as Judiasm is just as wrong as Islam and they are all in the same boat in that regard.

But having said all that, the most important thing that these religions fail to teach or even understand is Jesus' teachings and it is these teachings rather than the fact that he was the teacher that need to be front and center here. And as I've posted his teachings many times and I'll do it again... it's all about receiving God's Divine Love in our soul. Such a simple and easy thing to do... as it only involves a personal prayer to God, no church attendance or tithing required... and what it brings is a magnificent transforming divine purification to our souls.

If there are any other religions out there that teach this as well as God's truths... without putting their own spin on things, I'm not aware of them, but I'd sure like to know if there are.
I think you are now way off - topic, lady which topic is about whether Jesus left any writings.

No. He didn't. At best his sayings were written down but even that is demonstrably questionable. The most memorable parables are recorded only by one writer. Evidence is that it is his own work. John's long sermons are not even hinted at by any other gospel - writer. Who but someone deluded and blinded by faith could possibly see those as anything but the personal views of the gospel - writer?

Even the sermons on the mount/level place appear only in Matthew and Luke. There is no valid reason to believe any of those sayings as the authentic pronouncements of Jesus.

No. There is nothing that we can take as being words left by Jesus. What we can take is that Jesus and his lads came to join John the baptist as did all the others that John was baptizing and, after John was killed by Antipas, Jesus took over. That is a pretty clear suposition once one shelves all that transfiguration - type nonsense and poppycock - thanks for the term - about John grovelling at Jesus' feet.

Isn't it clear that this is just the principle of embarrassment at work? The Christian writers of the gospels could not deny that John baptized Jesus but they could gloss over this unwelcome fact by making him loudly proclaim that Jesus was 'The one to come' - and then contradict themselves by having the jailed John send messengers to ask that very same question.

The gospels are Christian propaganda and don't, dear lady, believe for a moment that they are anything else.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I think you are now way off - topic, lady which topic is about whether Jesus left any writings. No. He didn't. The gospels are Christian propaganda and don't, dear lady, believe for a moment that they are anything else.
Well, now I didn't start the off topic, sir, I only responded to it... so shame on me.

I don't want to impose on you, but if you'll go to my very first post... I did, indeed, point to the writings of Jesus. But they are not contained in the Bible and you may be surprised to know that Jesus debunks a lot of the myths and errors contained therein. So if you're in the least bit curious, here's a website where you may read for yourself exactly who he was and what were his teachings.

http://truthforallpeople.com

Old 09-12-2010, 08:12 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,750,770 times
I rather suspected that you would suggest this stuff recieved through spirit messages and what - not. I shall have a look but am I far wrong if it's the 'messages from Luke' which I already soundly showed up as spurious? Luke's gospel and Matthew's together refuted the website claim that the nativity was substantially true which in fact it cannot be.

Old 09-12-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I rather suspected that you would suggest this stuff recieved through spirit messages and what - not. I shall have a look but am I far wrong if it's the 'messages from Luke' which I already soundly showed up as spurious? Luke's gospel and Matthew's together refuted the website claim that the nativity was substantially true which in fact it cannot be.

Well, now are you talking about Luke's and Matthew's Bible accounts? If so, what do we know about those gospels... they were hijacked at some point and are inaccurate. And here's what Luke writes:

Countless Changes Have Been Made in the Copying and Recopying of the Original Manuscripts Left by the Disciples and Apostles of Jesus (http://tinyurl.com/3xj7bhv - broken link)

Here's Jesus' own words about his life.

Description of Birth and Life of Jesus Up to the Time of His Public Ministry (http://tinyurl.com/yahyfgx - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality