Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 07:42 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,376,254 times

Advertisements

[quote=pladecalvo;765934]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post

If all those things are real, you should have no problem proving them to us. I'll just sit here and peel an orange whilst I'm waiting!

It's not our responsibility to proof anything. An believer is incapable of understanding the things of God. Maybe you can make some juice with that orange.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:50 AM

19 posts, read 21,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Maybe if you picked up the Bible He would introduce Himself to you too.
No thank-you, I prefer non fiction.

On to another point. I will illustrate that a 'reputation' point I recently got refered to the word "schizophrenia" as 'Name Calling'. (I have to put in that fancy computer acronym here - ROTFLMAO) The truth sucks, doesn't it.

You see, that's what you christians are known for. You say you don't but you do; you will but you really won't; you haven't but in truth you have; you claim you didn't but you did; etc. and so on. It's called Hypocrisy. Oh my, is that name calling again? Get real. Oh yeah, I forgot, you live in a fantasy world and reality escapes you. But that's OK because Jesus will save you.

In my personal experience, anytime someone has stood up and professed "I'm a Christian and I don't do that sort of thing" (add that to any scenario you please) Stand by, because they will do the exact opposite. I have NEVER seen anything that contradicts that standard rule of thumb. This is to never say that there aren't some very good people that are Christians. I am referencing those who boastfully profess it, and I hold no reservations or exceptions.

I am certainly not Anti-Christ, but I am Anti-Christian. Can any of you understand the difference? We shall see.

If one claims to follow the life of Jesus, yet their actions show they follow a lifestyle in direct opposition to his claimed teachings, then we have a serious problem. By literal definitons, the words Hypocrisy, Schizophrenia, and Cult directly apply to those who have Jesus talking to them. So, If Jesus talks to them, and their actions show a violation of what Jesus taught, then we must have 2 different individuals claiming to be Jesus.

To the Christians who oppose the truth: A life of truth is a worthwhile endeavor, while 'sugar coating' reality is just a lie in disguise. The Jesus you profess must be the one who tells you these things since you converse with him regularly.

If there is only one Jesus, and not an imposter in the mix today, then I must conclude that those who crusified him were ridding the world of his deceit. For people to claim he died for your salvation, sounds like an attempt to give him a martyrs status. But what can you expect? After all birds of a feather flock together. Liars tell lies to cover up for other lies they previously told. Then the scam is revealed and their foundation collapses.

If todays Christians are any indication of what Christ was like, then I'm the Devil. Are your souls for sale?

Old 05-24-2007, 07:56 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,743,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandm View Post
No thank-you, I prefer non fiction.

On to another point. I will illustrate that a 'reputation' point I recently got refered to the word "schizophrenia" as 'Name Calling'. (I have to put in that fancy computer acronym here - ROTFLMAO) The truth sucks, doesn't it.

You see, that's what you christians are known for. You say you don't but you do; you will but you really won't; you haven't but in truth you have; you claim you didn't but you did; etc. and so on. It's called Hypocrisy. Oh my, is that name calling again? Get real. Oh yeah, I forgot, you live in a fantasy world and reality escapes you. But that's OK because Jesus will save you.

In my personal experience, anytime someone has stood up and professed "I'm a Christian and I don't do that sort of thing" (add that to any scenario you please) Stand by, because they will do the exact opposite. I have NEVER seen anything that contradicts that standard rule of thumb. This is to never say that there aren't some very good people that are Christians. I am referencing those who boastfully profess it, and I hold no reservations or exceptions.

I am certainly not Anti-Christ, but I am Anti-Christian. Can any of you understand the difference? We shall see.

If one claims to follow the life of Jesus, yet their actions show they follow a lifestyle in direct opposition to his claimed teachings, then we have a serious problem. By literal definitons, the words Hypocrisy, Schizophrenia, and Cult directly apply to those who have Jesus talking to them. So, If Jesus talks to them, and their actions show a violation of what Jesus taught, then we must have 2 different individuals claiming to be Jesus.

To the Christians who oppose the truth: A life of truth is a worthwhile endeavor, while 'sugar coating' reality is just a lie in disguise. The Jesus you profess must be the one who tells you these things since you converse with him regularly.

If there is only one Jesus, and not an imposter in the mix today, then I must conclude that those who crusified him were ridding the world of his deceit. For people to claim he died for your salvation, sounds like an attempt to give him a martyrs status. But what can you expect? After all birds of a feather flock together. Liars tell lies to cover up for other lies they previously told. Then the scam is revealed and their foundation collapses.

If todays Christians are any indication of what Christ was like, then I'm the Devil. Are your souls for sale?
But you forgot one important detail there in the end...they didnt rid him, yes they nailed him to the cross, they thought he was dead,but what happened on that third day...the one we refer to as Easter, changed eternity my friend.

Last edited by arguy1973; 05-24-2007 at 09:01 AM..

Old 05-24-2007, 08:13 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,885,583 times
Quote:

Maybe I'm dim. Maybe I'm not literate. Maybe I'm just a dumb, back woods Christian (although I can spell 'crucified' and 'impostor'), but I really can not for the life of me figure out the point you're trying to make here. You said so much without really saying anything. Ya may need to clear that up for us cult-ish, hypocritical, schizophrenics out here.

Quote:
Sorry, mine was for sale but it's already been bought by the 'weakling' you mentioned.

'Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe, sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow'

Jesus is the Christ. The Son of the Living God. All power and authority has been given to Him. I find it intriguing how much hatred you have for Him. It's a confirmation for me, really.

Last edited by Alpha8207; 05-24-2007 at 08:22 AM..

Old 05-24-2007, 09:00 AM

954 posts, read 813,097 times
[quote=Alpha8207;766941]
Quote:
Maybe I'm dim. Maybe I'm not literate. Maybe I'm just a dumb, back woods Christian (although I can spell 'crucified' and 'impostor'),
Now come on dudes! Stop jumping on peoples spelling mistakes. It doesn't matter about spelling because of the phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Makes you wonder why we spent so much time at school learning how to spell eh?

Old 05-24-2007, 09:04 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,743,489 times
[quote=pladecalvo;767176]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Now come on dudes! Stop jumping on peoples spelling mistakes. It doesn't matter about spelling because of the phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

well if they hadnt made it where you could go outside right after spelling for recess, i might have paid more attention

Old 05-24-2007, 09:08 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,788,285 times
[quote=pladecalvo;767176]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post

That must have taken you a long time! Very ctue!

Old 05-24-2007, 11:43 AM

2,639 posts, read 3,223,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Now that's one belief I will have to argue with... as somebody who's been greatly helped by these "nuts", I can personally say you are wrong on that one. Psychiatrists do help people and save lives, so please don't "diss" this valuable profession. I took a psychology course in college, and it was SO interesting and logical, I almost considered changing majors!
Well, you've had experience, and I have not so I'm sure you're right. I do believe though that medication helps some people more than what some of the professionals have to say. I'm sorry I used such a strong word as "nut"; that was very unkind of me.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:51 AM

2,639 posts, read 3,223,627 times
[quote=pladecalvo;765934]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post

If all those things are real, you should have no problem proving them to us. I'll just sit here and peel an orange whilst I'm waiting!
Would any proof of God's existence be adequate for you? Some people have already made up their minds. Even the most iron-clad case for the existence of God will always demand more from people who don't believe.

An honest look at our world leads a person to conclude that there must have been intelligence behind the design of our world. To acknowledge that such intelligence exists is the first step toward acknowledging the existence of God.

I can't even begin to explains God's existence to you or anyone else. It takes more than a web site called City Data.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:56 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,533,523 times
Great post blue62. I have to say I tend to stay far away from denominational cliques. They have such a tribal factionalism about them. We are just a few car bombs behind the muslim sectarian violence here in America-I hope I am wrong on that. So much "WE" are going to heaven and "THEY" aren't! is sickening. Get off your ultra-religous egos already.

My worldview is learned from study of world religions in academia, and a healthy open mindedness to what atheists bring to the table, pagan beliefs, and yes, my own traditional Native American beliefs, all of which bring me a smorgasbord (sp?) of spiritual food for thought. Its no wonder I have hermit tendencies.

But if all the hubub has resulted in the OP running for his Bible to check and recheck scriptures, then more power to him. His faith has been taken off the "taken for granted" list and reignited.

I do have to laugh when the atheists take a faith based belief and turn it on its ear, though. It makes me laugh. Then the ticks burrow in even deeper which is cool too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I would like to thank all the people who badgered me all those years, and whipped me with the bible trying to make me believe exactly as they did..Because of them, I went on my own search for what was required of me to have peace with my beliefs. I read the Bible along with history books, finally, I studied a college textbook "And God Said What" It was about literature and the different terms and forms of literature and its history. I am free now of haqr splitting over scripture and free of the burden of "have to go to my church in order to be saved" I would like to thank the athiests here who have answered my questions in friendliness and courtesy, and thank all the wonderful christian friends I have here who are willing to pray for me when I need it, and will comfort me when I need encouragement. Finally, and most importantly, I thank God for showing me what he wanted me to do in order to have this peace with my religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality