Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 04:31 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,718,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeAptFinder View Post
You could agree to have the cat declawed and or spayed.
Ouch, and forces a comment. Declawing is a cruel and archaic procedure which many, many vets refuse to do. Technology has come a long way and you can now find removable claw "cushions" for cats which eliminate the need for any surgery. "And/or spayed"? Without embarking on a treatise which doesn't belong on this forum, there's no valid reason why a family pet should not be neutered and many landlords who accept tenant pets won't take one which isn't. "Spaying" is performed on females, "castration" on males; "neutering" is the term applicable to both sexes.

Last edited by STT Resident; 11-01-2013 at 05:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 10:09 AM

51 posts, read 184,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Ouch, and forces a comment. Declawing is a cruel and archaic procedure which many, many vets refuse to do. Technology has come a long way and you can now find removable claw "cushions" for cats which eliminate the need for any surgery. "And/or spayed"? Without embarking on a treatise which doesn't belong on this forum, there's no valid reason why a family pet should not be neutered and many landlords who accept tenant pets won't take one which isn't. "Spaying" is performed on females, "castration" on males; "neutering" is the term applicable to both sexes.
I was simply presenting options that could appeal to an individual landlord in a situation were they won't allow pets, did you read the post from the OP?

I'm not advocating kitty cruelty here, just trying to present all arguments/options that may sway the decision in the OP's favor.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:20 AM

34,092 posts, read 83,000,140 times
Quote:
I was simply presenting options that could appeal to an individual landlord...
Others have done similarly.
The thread OP has a situation with an apartment complex.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:36 AM

3,433 posts, read 5,748,382 times
(IMHO) A landlord who has a no pet policy would be a fool to allow an exception.

Why open the door to a whole bunch of other tenants getting upset.

If a landlord has a policy it should apply to every tenant.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:48 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,718,121 times
Quote:
I was simply presenting options that could appeal to an individual landlord in a situation were they won't allow pets, did you read the post from the OP?
No of course not, just sailed in blithely without reading a word.

Old 11-01-2013, 11:06 AM

3,663 posts, read 5,676,809 times
Quote:
Ouch, and forces a comment. Declawing is a cruel and archaic procedure which many, many vets refuse to do.
^This.

Old 11-01-2013, 04:36 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,239,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post

I couldn't rep you again, but a huge thanks for this hysterical video. I sent it to my son, who I have a ongoing battle about dogs vs cats. I have dogs, him cats, so we always say ours is best. In truth, I love all animals, I just like to get under his skin. lol

Old 11-01-2013, 06:18 PM

1,378 posts, read 4,363,737 times
Quote:
"Spaying" is performed on females, "castration" on males; "neutering" is the term applicable to both sexes.
I just call it "getting them fixed".

Old 11-04-2013, 05:22 PM

49 posts, read 234,933 times
Thanks for all the advice guys! My potential roommate ended up getting a job offer on the complete opposite side of town, so we aren't going to move in together. This is the reason I won't get pets in my twenties, way too much hassel.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:11 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,478,553 times
Quote:
Yeah, that's what I heard. I like petting cats and dogs, but not enough to want to raise my own. It absolutely should be a LAST RESORT. I'm not vet nor animal expert, but the idea is that animal's use their claws to get around. Even if it's being cared for by a good person, it still conflicts with nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rao4400 View Post
Thanks for all the advice guys! My potential roommate ended up getting a job offer on the complete opposite side of town, so we aren't going to move in together. This is the reason I won't get pets in my twenties, way too much hassel.
Hell, I'm afraid to have kids.... those are a HUGE hassle too, but eh... one day at a time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting