Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2019, 01:11 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,026,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper847 View Post
Yes my parents are just the landlords not the owner of the building. I was on my way out and Heard some one this evening talking to him about the music been loud just as he came back and so far its lowest ive heard it. Its Acceptable for now but as seen as its on a sub even at low you can still hear the powerful fud fud fud. As said since May ive just used my TV speakers knowing how loud it can be even on low when using subs in an apartment block.
Report the thudding noise to the manger.. he should not be using a subwoofer at anytime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 07:46 PM

6,456 posts, read 3,980,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Hold on.... your parents are the landlord to your unit alone or to the building in which you live? It sounds like they are only landlords to your unit.

It really doesn’t matter, you need to be calling the police when these parties are going on (tell your neighbors to do so as well) and make sure you inform your landlord l and the management company that you will continue to call the police until the parties stop. You banging on the ceiling will solve nothing..you will end up with a notice from management to cut your crap.

So.. either be quiet and live with it or call the police and file complaints.
Right... the guy clearly has anger management issues (came downstairs calling this person names and *actually destroyed property in the apartment*), and this person's going to p!$$ him off?? I'd keep my mouth shut and live with it too. No way I'd want to anger someone unstable who knows where I sleep, what I drive, whether I live alone or have (vulnerable) kids or pets, etc.

Old 08-15-2019, 04:13 AM

48 posts, read 40,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Right... the guy clearly has anger management issues (came downstairs calling this person names and *actually destroyed property in the apartment*), and this person's going to p!$$ him off?? I'd keep my mouth shut and live with it too. No way I'd want to anger someone unstable who knows where I sleep, what I drive, whether I live alone or have (vulnerable) kids or pets, etc.
Yeah I will just keep quiet from now but he only talking to me like that because I'm smaller then him. I'm only 5ft 3" 48KG. The first weekend I was here he was having a party and one from below went up to him and asked to keep noise down and again him above just shouted. Get back down to your fing apartment you got an fing baby and slammed door. This was at 22:30 at night and he too was smaller they moved out shortly after. Yesterday when the other guy said something to him he was bigger and him above talked so quiet and didn't answer him back or call him names. It just goes on size with these kind of people they soon took there tails between there legs when some one bigger then them say something.

I no every one has different lives and most work but all I do and want to do is play computer games go out for a walk and go to bed and get up when I want with out loud music blurting out or in considerate bangs at 22:00.

Old 08-15-2019, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post

Do you (a general you) want peace and quiet? Call the police and the manager and you’ll end up with peace and quiet. The neighbor will end up evicted for the noise and for having the police at his door repeatedly.

Old 08-15-2019, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Yeah I will just keep quiet from now but he only talking to me like that because I'm smaller then him. I'm only 5ft 3" 48KG. The first weekend I was here he was having a party and one from below went up to him and asked to keep noise down and again him above just shouted. Get back down to your fing apartment you got an fing baby and slammed door. This was at 22:30 at night and he too was smaller they moved out shortly after. Yesterday when the other guy said something to him he was bigger and him above talked so quiet and didn't answer him back or call him names. It just goes on size with these kind of people they soon took there tails between there legs when some one bigger then them say something.

I no every one has different lives and most work but all I do and want to do is play computer games go out for a walk and go to bed and get up when I want with out loud music blurting out or in considerate bangs at 22:00.
Then do not complain about your situation. You have options to deal with this issue, but are choosing not to.

Your parents sound like crappy landlords... they should be helping you, their tenant, make complaints to management.

Old 08-15-2019, 05:26 AM

48 posts, read 40,330 times
Quote:
Then do not complain about your situation. You have options to deal with this issue, but are choosing not to.

Your parents sound like crappy landlords... they should be helping you, their tenant, make complaints to management.
yeah they are and said I would never rent from you again. He has caused so much argument in our family that other day when I did bang back I just lost it. Its only because its me complaining as if it was any one else even my brother they would have done something about even on that 1st weekend I was here when he had that big party. He bangs that hard sometimes my light on roof shakes. No joke. Every time he his noisy I have sent text to my mums phone which ive saved on mine as well if she deleted them. That best thing to writing it down and keeping a diary. I do sleep back at my parents often but even when he is banging and noisy at 3am ive even sent emails to my mum. Next time it will be the police and wish I was here when he smashed toilet door down I would have defo phoned police.

Old 08-15-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
yeah they are and said I would never rent from you again. He has caused so much argument in our family that other day when I did bang back I just lost it. Its only because its me complaining as if it was any one else even my brother they would have done something about even on that 1st weekend I was here when he had that big party. He bangs that hard sometimes my light on roof shakes. No joke. Every time he his noisy I have sent text to my mums phone which ive saved on mine as well if she deleted them. That best thing to writing it down and keeping a diary. I do sleep back at my parents often but even when he is banging and noisy at 3am ive even sent emails to my mum. Next time it will be the police and wish I was here when he smashed toilet door down I would have defo phoned police.
Bypass your parents and call the police and management yourself.

Old 08-15-2019, 05:14 PM

6,456 posts, read 3,980,997 times
Quote:
Do you (a general you) want peace and quiet? Call the police and the manager and you’ll end up with peace and quiet. The neighbor will end up evicted for the noise and for having the police at his door repeatedly.
I don't think it's that easy, no. I've seen it first-hand and I've heard it from other people; calling the police creates animosity and could possibly annoy management. Besides, this guy's not getting evicted for destroying property, so he's not going to get evicted for a bit of noise. OP has already said they've complained to management, who does nothing. They don't care.

And, of course, even if he does get evicted for OP calling police, there's plenty of time for him to harass or assault OP or otherwise make his life difficult. It might take weeks or months for eviction. Vandalism or assault take a few minutes, harassment can be ongoing, and that's also weeks or months for him to make it all even worse.

Old 08-15-2019, 07:05 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,727 times
find out where their bedroom is relative to your downstairs unit.

Hook up a wood block and hammer drill to the ceiling (so you don't damage the ceiling)

Then fire it up. The jackhammered wood block will create an annoying woodpecker noise for the upstairs unit.

Basically, make it sound like your unit is under construction all day everyday.

Total cost ~$30, and you can annoy the F out of the upstairs neighbor.

Management won't care.

If they come downstairs and knock, tell them you're building a book shelf and will take 365 days to complete. Then slam the door in their face.

Old 08-15-2019, 07:21 PM

294 posts, read 219,782 times
When you consider how fat the average American is this should not surprise anyone, and then factor in the self centered mentality that has taken over and this is probably a problem in most apartments. Any apartment managers want to chime in. I had an upstairs noise problem many, many years ago and the apt. manager was sleeping with the guy upstairs. After many police visits and convincing the manager that I was a crazy postal worker she got the message and did something. The cops hated this guy, he tried to lie about something the cop had witnessed and got totally put in his place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting