Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2019, 08:15 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,143,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Larry View Post
When you consider how fat the average American is this should not surprise anyone, and then factor in the self centered mentality that has taken over and this is probably a problem in most apartments. Any apartment managers want to chime in. I had an upstairs noise problem many, many years ago and the apt. manager was sleeping with the guy upstairs. After many police visits and convincing the manager that I was a crazy postal worker she got the message and did something. The cops hated this guy, he tried to lie about something the cop had witnessed and got totally put in his place.

It's called normal living. For those people that have an issue with the noise, they are welcome to move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2019, 08:40 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,546,864 times
A lot of it is related to the construction and age of the building. Years ago I lived in an apartment I referred to as "the bunker." It was one of those buildings from the 1950's that looks like a motel - with patios on the front and then the doors and walkways on the back. It was a brick building made out of concrete. You could not hear a thing from any neighbor unless your windows were open. It was pure heaven.

Old 08-16-2019, 02:08 AM

48 posts, read 40,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
A lot of it is related to the construction and age of the building. Years ago I lived in an apartment I referred to as "the bunker." It was one of those buildings from the 1950's that looks like a motel - with patios on the front and then the doors and walkways on the back. It was a brick building made out of concrete. You could not hear a thing from any neighbor unless your windows were open. It was pure heaven.
Yeah I know its a lot to do with how the building is made but that why it says on guide lines of this building keep noise to a minimum especially from 23:00 to 7am or coming in late.

Apparently some one from top floor heard him shouting at me and calling me names and saying that every one is talking about me etc. He had a word with him last night and turns out who had a word with him left that other note saying he is loud with middle finger up on main entrance of door. He also one of main prison officers so he knows how to handle people like him above. People on my floor and top floor will also no what it was like when he was away for 5 days. It was a very nice and quiet building until he came back so I think that other reason he had a word with him.

That night when he was watching TV it was very loud as normal when he turned it on but soon turned it down and I couldn't even hear it. Him above me talks to people on ground floor about me and says its me whose the weasel and they have no idea how bad it is up here with him and dont no that 2 other people also had words with him including me in past.

Last edited by skipper847; 08-16-2019 at 02:37 AM..

Old 08-17-2019, 09:03 AM

I just had (Juliet) balcony door open this morning and heard some one saying on ground floor out side that they been here 8 years and mentioned about the noise from top floor saying that its getting louder and louder. I think It just that people dont like to complain because there bothered about what the person would do later on. I wish I could upload here as I do have some music what he was blurting out for 5 hours in car park as some times uses that as a business to mend cars. I recorded it on my iPhone 6s and audio on that been picked up is crap but this is so loud even with door closed. Also I think a lot of people heard him shouting at me and finally others are getting fed up of it too.

Some one yesterday evening was talking to me asking what it was about and I said that he was just yelling that I'm a little fing weasel and every one knows your a little fing weasel every ones talking about you. She asked what I said back. I said that I'm not the only person or even 2nd person to say something to you about the noise form up here and that he said I no and walked off. I also said to her that he knew I was talking about him to her. I say nothing bad but she asks how noise is all time and I always just say its no different and just want him to be more considerate. She also said ive not told him anything and hes an total Dhead and no one is talking about you dont worry about it.

Last edited by skipper847; 08-17-2019 at 09:28 AM..

Old 08-17-2019, 12:51 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,727 times
i like how all the stomping threads are just combined into this one.

Old 08-18-2019, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
i like how all the stomping threads are just combined into this one.
hehe yeah.

Well my above neighbour didn't come back last night and has a new girl friend who lives 20 miles away so hope fully will leave for her. The only thing though he has had several girlfriends what always end up in arguments and banging. In last 2 month ive noticed at least 10 different (girls) go up there who only seem about 17 and hes 29.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:10 PM

3 posts, read 3,741 times
It's a matter of consideration for others. Stomping has nothing to do with how much or how little a person weighs. But if a person is stomping excessively and it's getting on your nerves, you need to make a complaint. No one should have to live with bs. Your home apartment is where you get away from stress and live peacefully. Nowadays most people dont have any consideration for others.

Old 08-19-2019, 10:01 AM

At least now I have people on my side as another came up to me and said I heard him the other day shouting at you and wouldn't worry about it its not you. People are realizing how I have had it for last 11 months and no why I banged back hard when I did. Like I said though he could have called me every name under sun and I wouldn't have been bothered but he had to say something about my size and say the word little what bothered me the most. If I was 6ft built like Arnie he wouldn't be saying anything and im smallest in building who lives on my own so he thinks I'm an easy target.

Old 08-19-2019, 03:33 PM

32,650 posts, read 48,053,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper847 View Post
........ If I was 6ft built like Arnie he wouldn't be saying anything and im smallest in building who lives on my own so he thinks I'm an easy target.

I doubt that your size has anything to do with it, but if it makes you feel better, go and take some karate classes to boost your self-confidence. Maybe you will feel better if you know how to defend yourself.

Old 08-20-2019, 12:24 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,931,790 times
Old thread of sorts...stomping and whatnot.
Kids running around or toys dropped.
..you name it.
Studying Architecture in college gives me a different viewpoint.
Blame the city planning dept for allowing a license to build these cheapo places that allow common walls or lack of sound proofing or in some cases insulation.
What do you do when the unit above you are taking a shwr and the water starts to back up in your bathtub and kitchen sink while your having family over for dinner...happened to me.
Couple above had only one kid making the noise along with the shwr and their bed hitting the wall some nights.

Problem with some condos is the money saving common antics.
Need I go on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting