Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 02:40 PM

7 posts, read 18,583 times

Advertisements

I have been 100.000% honest on each detail. lo and behold guess who i ran into today on my way out and w the dogs ...none other than the executive AIMCO team walking around. We spoke. Some guy named Dan is going to call me. I'm not expecting anything. All they said was they were obviously nice dogs but that huskys were always on AIMCOs list and that this property was not enforcing that however to my knowledge it was only added more recently ( last 1-2yrs tops ).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 02:49 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Oh, I'm so glad you got to talk to someone, the fact that you've been a resident for a good length of time is sooo much in your favor, please update us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elon76 View Post
I have been 100.000% honest on each detail. lo and behold guess who i ran into today on my way out and w the dogs ...none other than the executive AIMCO team walking around. We spoke. Some guy named Dan is going to call me. I'm not expecting anything. All they said was they were obviously nice dogs but that huskys were always on AIMCOs list and that this property was not enforcing that however to my knowledge it was only added more recently ( last 1-2yrs tops ).

Old 04-22-2010, 02:57 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,297,259 times
O this is Good news! Even if they say you have to move....they CAN give you an extention to find a place & move!! So be nice LOL Yes the local mgr here Never inforced rules! She allowed things to go on that were against Co policy. Well its been about 6 months since they hired another mgr & things here have changed for the better LOL

Old 04-24-2010, 01:04 AM

OMG!!! I looked at rentals in areas I am interested in moving to....this CO has Most of the Apts in those areas GRRRR Please keep me posted!!

Old 04-24-2010, 11:15 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,345,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elon76 View Post

The fact seems to be that unless their policy changes towards huskys, which i and the American Temperment Testing Society (ATTS) both agree doesn't belong on a dangerous breed list at all, that i will simply have to move.
that's mean absolutely nothing, sorry. every incarnation of the "pit bull" (American Pit Bull Terrier, Amer. Staffordshire Terrier, and the Staffordshire Terrier) scored in the same 80% bracket as the Siberian husky, and the Staffy actually scored HIGHER than the husky. yet these breeds are banned. any pit bull lover and owner can tel you that, no matter howm much you think the breed is awesome and harmless, insurers and property owners think otherwise. I've seen huskies and malamutes on many "banned breed" lists, along w/ pits, Rottweilers, GSDs, Dobermans, Akitas, Chow Chows, and several other breeds. It's something, as a husky owner, you'll just have to be on the look out for. even if you claim the dogs aren't purebred huskies, it won't matter. again, any pit bull owner/lover will tell you that even if a dog doesn't have a drop of pit blood in them, if they so much as look like a pit/pit mix, the dog isn't allowed (have a friend w/ a lab-boxer mix that looks like a pit and it wasn't allowed in a complex, despite her proving the dog's parents were purebreds). you can rail against this, but sadly, it won't do much once a complex/insurer have a breed on a list

I don't know rental laws at all, but if you have already signed a lease, than the dogs, regardless of the breed, should remain until the lease is up. it's the complex's fault, not yours, that they've allowed a prohibited dog breed on the property. they can't take that out on you. ignore the 7 day BS and challenge them on it if you've signed a lease

Old 04-24-2010, 10:31 PM

494 posts, read 890,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
O this is Good news! Even if they say you have to move....they CAN give you an extention to find a place & move!! So be nice LOL Yes the local mgr here Never inforced rules! She allowed things to go on that were against Co policy. Well its been about 6 months since they hired another mgr & things here have changed for the better LOL
Please turn off the bolded italics. It's quite annoying to read.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:35 PM

How can it be annoying...since it the only way I can read with out having my nose to the screen! To me and those of us having trouble SEEing your type is annoying!!

Old 04-24-2010, 11:12 PM

494 posts, read 890,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
How can it be annoying...since it the only way I can read with out having my nose to the screen! To me and those of us having trouble SEEing your type is annoying!!
If that's the case, then how are you reading my posts, which are not bolded and not italicized? I did ask you nicely, in case you did not notice. I thought perhaps you were simply unaware that extensive use of unusual fonts, italics, bolding, all caps et cetera are all looked on as rather annoying on forum posts.

But now that I see you don't give a damn and that you'll just respond with rudeness, that tells me everything I need to know about you. All you needed to do was respond politely with an "I apologize, but I have to do it this way due to a sight deficiency" and I would then let it slide. But you weren't polite enough to do that.

Also, if you're having that much trouble, you should look into learning the built in functions of your operating system that are there for visual assistance. There are several of them, if only you just bother to turn them on.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:23 PM

Magnified to 200%.....and I am about 8 inches from the monitor! Thank you for Your consern about my health BTW my monitor is 15.5 Not tiny! ITS Also considered RUDE to change topics in a thread!

Last edited by Katie1; 04-25-2010 at 12:35 AM..

Old 04-27-2010, 01:30 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodaka View Post
This is the statement from which I conclude you deliberately attempted to deceive the landlord in order to escape enforcement of the policies. You knew at the time you completed the form that your dogs were at least part husky, and that was why you gave misleading answers. Because if your dogs weren't huskies (or mixes), none of this would even be an issue. It wouldn't have been an issue when you filled out the application and it wouldn't be an issue now.
Completely irrelevant.

A) If the dogs are mixes, when she put down "mix" then she was factually correct. Even if she was deceiving them, then this would only matter if huskies were banned at the time which is irrelevant because...

B) According to the OP and another poster, huskies were allowed at the time.

Going by this, the apartment has no legal standing to terminate the lease. The only thing that matters now is proving it. If the OP has the most recent paperwork, she can tell the apartment complex to go pound sand. If they want to press the issue, let them take the OP to court at which point he/she can slap a nice fat counter suit on them for the trouble and legal fees incurred.

Elon, if you don't have the most recent paperwork, that would be fine as well. Do you have any of the previous copies of the paper work? If so, you're in good shape. If you pay an extra fee for having an animal and you're still paying that extra fee, you're pretty much golden.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting