Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2017, 11:36 PM

787 posts, read 643,745 times

Advertisements

Pretty much, just like how the bay area weather is overrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2017, 11:44 PM

6,884 posts, read 8,260,070 times
I hear ya.

Old 02-08-2017, 11:47 PM

edit

Old 02-08-2017, 11:51 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUdx_UNqT8k

Old 02-13-2017, 05:17 PM

266 posts, read 334,133 times
Sacramento at 24
Fresno at 11
Los Angeles at 16
San Diego 8

One more week of crazy rain, especially in norcal.
Stay safe up there.

Old 03-05-2017, 09:31 AM

5 years of drought. This wet year corrects one of those years. So it's like we've had 4 years of drought instead.

If we have two more above-normal wet years, then we are back to average.

BTW, it's raining in Sacramento again and from our South Lake Tahoe cabin it's snowing again. Since 8pm last night until early morning, 1.5 FEET of snow has accumulated on top of my car! in those 8 hours.

Sac Airport 28" inches of rain (rounding up)
Foothills Placerville, Auburn, Foresthill - 45-65 inches (stats are not complete)

Heavenly Ski Resort over 600-625 inches of snow to date.

Last edited by Chimérique; 03-05-2017 at 10:06 AM..

Old 03-12-2017, 07:11 PM

1,719 posts, read 1,143,716 times
This thread reminds me of something in Malcolm Gladwell's Outliers. He noted that kids who go to Harvard often feel stupid even though they are exceptionally bright because we tend to only measure ourselves against our immediate neighbors. I get the impression Sacramento folks suffer a similar inferiority complex because the weather isn't quite San Diego or Santa Monica?

If it helps at all, I've lived in New England my whole life and Sacramento weather sounds spectacular to me. 78 percent sunshine? Low humidity? Delta breeze? Average monthly low never gets below 38? No snow? Sign me up for that.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:52 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,257,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanthegoldengod View Post
This thread reminds me of something in Malcolm Gladwell's Outliers. He noted that kids who go to Harvard often feel stupid even though they are exceptionally bright because we tend to only measure ourselves against our immediate neighbors. I get the impression Sacramento folks suffer a similar inferiority complex because the weather isn't quite San Diego or Santa Monica?

If it helps at all, I've lived in New England my whole life and Sacramento weather sounds spectacular to me. 78 percent sunshine? Low humidity? Delta breeze? Average monthly low never gets below 38? No snow? Sign me up for that.
Totally! My family came here when I was a little kid from Central Europe, and to me, the idea of complaining about weather that most people would pay good money to vacation in is insane. But as a northern California transplant to San Diego, the way people in-state talk about the Northern California climate, you would think it was like comparing Hawaii and Ohio. In reality, it's like comparing 95th and 99th percentiles and complaining how awful the 95th percentile is. I have family in North Carolina whose fountain is a solid block of ice and icicles this morning, and they still say how lucky they are not to have to live in the snow storms up north! In my birth city back in Germany, they are just now *starting* to get temperatures that Northern California would have in the dead of winter, and they are so excited to call it spring. It just underscores what a bunch of whiners we Californians are, and apparently, we rarely leave State boundaries. I'm glad that you, as a New Englander, understands how lucky all of us are out here where we can pick oranges off the trees.

Old 03-25-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanthegoldengod View Post

Yep you get it! Sacramento has great weather! :-)

Regarding your other comment: It's not about feeling inferior or superior; it's about getting the facts rights. But if you have go that route, as a Sacramentan, I don't feel our weather is inferior rather I am told by coastal folks that their weather is superior. But since I'm originally from the coast I can say they are very similar 11 months out of year and for maybe no more than 5 days a year in the summer I feel coastal weather is better.

Also, Central Valley weather is not all the same nor is Coastal weather all the same. The North Coast gets too much rain and most of SoCal Coast doesn't get enough. The North Coast has awesome air quality, and Sacramento's air quality is much better than LA and the San Joaquin Valley. The south coast lacks seasonal variety, and the San Joaquin Valley doesn't get enough rain and is too hot for too long in the summer on a daily basis.

Old 04-14-2017, 04:19 PM

266 posts, read 334,133 times
Where you been at chim? This threads been too quiet lately

Air quality today and tomorrow. Some difference

Fresno 41/58
Sacramento - 40/50
Merced 36/47

Rain totals

32.35 Sacramento
16.74 Fresno
7.43 Bakersfield

One more month of rain possibilities and were done with rain. Thank goodness, I've had enough.

Edit: I forgot today's temps

Fresno 66 @ 4pm
Sacramento 63 @ 4pm

Last edited by Flovis; 04-14-2017 at 05:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento