Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-17-2008, 12:27 PM
 
23 posts, read 94,755 times
Reputation: 14

Advertisements

are there any water usage restrictions that exist in utah? here in wisconsin some suburbs only allow there communities to water there lawns in accordance to odd and even number days; what ever your last digit in your address be mit odd or even determines your water usage for that day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-17-2008, 12:44 PM
 
Location: Utah
1,458 posts, read 4,131,164 times
Reputation: 1548
I believe we can't water our yards between 10am and 6pm. And I have heard rumors (never actually confirmed) that you can get a citation if you are watering the street or driveway (if your sprinkler is set to go over those areas).

And where I am the yard water is on sometime late April until Oct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2008, 02:17 PM
 
Location: West Jordan, UT
494 posts, read 1,897,143 times
Reputation: 141
Most cities (at least in Salt Lake County) have some sort of ordinances dictating watering. Depends on the city you live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2008, 02:30 PM
 
1,821 posts, read 7,730,298 times
Reputation: 1044
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolagranola View Post
I believe we can't water our yards between 10am and 6pm. And I have heard rumors (never actually confirmed) that you can get a citation if you are watering the street or driveway (if your sprinkler is set to go over those areas).

And where I am the yard water is on sometime late April until Oct.
I have to laugh at that one. The lot next to mine is owned by the city and maintained as green space. They water, mow, fertilize etc. A pretty sweet deal because it’s like we have double the yard space, but we don’t have to care for it. But they set their sprinklers way too high, so it sprays all over our driveway and over our fence into our back yard. Plus, last year at least, the sprinklers always came on at 10 or 11 a.m. – just in time for peak heating of the day to evaporate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2008, 03:38 PM
 
23 posts, read 94,755 times
Reputation: 14
Default water

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcats View Post
I have to laugh at that one. The lot next to mine is owned by the city and maintained as green space. They water, mow, fertilize etc. A pretty sweet deal because it’s like we have double the yard space, but we don’t have to care for it. But they set their sprinklers way too high, so it sprays all over our driveway and over our fence into our back yard. Plus, last year at least, the sprinklers always came on at 10 or 11 a.m. – just in time for peak heating of the day to evaporate it.
is the water source for the metropolitan from a well; or is the great Salt Lake just a name? (is it really a fresh water lake)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2008, 04:11 PM
 
Location: West Jordan, UT
494 posts, read 1,897,143 times
Reputation: 141
Default Report to City

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcats View Post
I have to laugh at that one. The lot next to mine is owned by the city and maintained as green space. They water, mow, fertilize etc. A pretty sweet deal because it’s like we have double the yard space, but we don’t have to care for it. But they set their sprinklers way too high, so it sprays all over our driveway and over our fence into our back yard. Plus, last year at least, the sprinklers always came on at 10 or 11 a.m. – just in time for peak heating of the day to evaporate it.
You need to report this problem to the City that maintains it. They probably don't realize what is going on, and with how many properties they maintain, they probably don't realize what is happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2008, 04:38 PM
 
1,821 posts, read 7,730,298 times
Reputation: 1044
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboom View Post
is the water source for the metropolitan from a well; or is the great Salt Lake just a name? (is it really a fresh water lake)
The water sources is from the snow that falls in the mountains. They trap the runnoff in reserviors. The Great Salt Lake is not just a name. It is several times saltier than the ocean. It's fun to swim in as long as you don't get the water in your eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2008, 04:41 PM
 
1,821 posts, read 7,730,298 times
Reputation: 1044
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwm03160 View Post
You need to report this problem to the City that maintains it. They probably don't realize what is going on, and with how many properties they maintain, they probably don't realize what is happening.
I've told the maintenance people when I've seen them over. Maybe this year will be different. But they water all the city areas at the same time around here -- always mid-day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2008, 09:25 PM
 
23 posts, read 94,755 times
Reputation: 14
Default thanks for the info; heres another question for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcats View Post
The water sources is from the snow that falls in the mountains. They trap the runnoff in reserviors. The Great Salt Lake is not just a name. It is several times saltier than the ocean. It's fun to swim in as long as you don't get the water in your eyes.
wow, learn something new everyday!

here in Milwaukee we have the Lake Michigan; it seems to be the gathering point for all major festivals including the fourth of July fireworks; does the Great Salt Lake hold these kinds of venues or is there another main gathering point for the population?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2008, 09:27 PM
 
23 posts, read 94,755 times
Reputation: 14
Default city watering

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcats View Post
I've told the maintenance people when I've seen them over. Maybe this year will be different. But they water all the city areas at the same time around here -- always mid-day.
in Milwakee they do the same thing too; seems silly to water during mid day; maybe they know something i dont
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:02 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top