Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2014, 03:02 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,341,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Noticed a Jimmy John's coming soon sign at Alamo Ranch near the Men's Warehouse and Vitim an place on the way home...guess with the Blimpies coming in across 1604 near the Yogurt place they decided best move now....

I am honestly having doubts about that Blimpies signage....been up forever and nothing seems to be moving forward.
I just wish we could get something other than fast food joints. How many sammich, chicken, pizza, hot wing places do we really need?

Old 07-17-2014, 11:24 AM

169 posts, read 392,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgrat View Post
Check back in after you try one. I think you'll change your mind.
I know I'll catch some flack from my fellow West Coast transplants on this, but as a lifelong (until 11 months ago) resident of California I must say In N Out burgers are just OK for me. Nothing great, although I do get the occasional craving. Definitely not worth waiting in line for an hour.

For me, at this point I honestly prefer Whataburger. Better buns, better fries, better variety. I would say In N Out is comparable to Freddy's here, as far as style and taste. Also, the In N Out fries are not for everyone. They take some getting used to, and are not your traditional French fries.

The biggest disappointment for me is going to be that all the additional traffic will make it difficult for me to get to Del Taco :-)

Old 07-17-2014, 03:05 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,411,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRenaud View Post
I just wish we could get something other than fast food joints. How many sammich, chicken, pizza, hot wing places do we really need?
I think if you ask the people I've seen at Aquatica all week, they'd answer, "As many as they can build!"

Not that I'm any petite flower, but jeez...Charles Barkley is not 100% wrong.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:17 PM

424 posts, read 610,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
I think if you ask the people I've seen at Aquatica all week, they'd answer, "As many as they can build!"

Not that I'm any petite flower, but jeez...Charles Barkley is not 100% wrong.
You know a majority of those people are tourists, right? I doubt they care about what restaurants are built in Alamo Ranch.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:14 PM

5,583 posts, read 6,512,449 times
I just want White Castle to come here to San Antonio. The original "sliders". Mmmmmmmmmmmm. The frozen ones are lousy compared to a real, fresh-off-the-grill "Whitey Ca-sal".

Michigan (Livonia and Westland) also has Brays burgers and Bates burgers. Not a chain, just a couple joints in a maybe 10-20 mile radius. They are delicious, affordable, and the right size. I would kill for one of these three burger joints to build here! (metaphoracally (sp) speaking).

I do not patronize expensive burger places. I go to Whataburger, get a Just a Burger and a senior coke, costs me $1.40. And it is delicious!

Old 07-18-2014, 07:10 AM

427 posts, read 1,174,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unintentionallyfunny View Post
You know a majority of those people are tourists, right? I doubt they care about what restaurants are built in Alamo Ranch.
The restaurants being built in the area are certainly designed to attract the residents. It seems to be what's in demand. Sad

Old 07-19-2014, 09:39 AM

147 posts, read 310,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
I just want White Castle to come here to San Antonio. The original "sliders". Mmmmmmmmmmmm. The frozen ones are lousy compared to a real, fresh-off-the-grill "Whitey Ca-sal".

Michigan (Livonia and Westland) also has Brays burgers and Bates burgers. Not a chain, just a couple joints in a maybe 10-20 mile radius. They are delicious, affordable, and the right size. I would kill for one of these three burger joints to build here! (metaphoracally (sp) speaking).

I do not patronize expensive burger places. I go to Whataburger, get a Just a Burger and a senior coke, costs me $1.40. And it is delicious!
From another Michigan transplant (SA 30+yrs). I totally agree with you- White Castle all the way. Frozen- not. Krystal never had a chance.

Do you remember a Biffs (Warren), or Woodward's Big Boy (not what they have here) I miss the original Big Boy hamburger. Sigh! Would love to see them transplant here!

Old 07-19-2014, 11:07 AM

1,647 posts, read 2,064,040 times
Are you people kidding with the White Castle?? Ugghhh.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:26 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,458,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho-Villa View Post
Are you people kidding with the White Castle?? Ugghhh.
It's all about what brings YOU great memories, feelings, ties. What White Castle is to them, Whataburger is to us that grew up here in Texas, as is In and Out to those from the West Coast.

I think the "comfort" found in the "taste" of whatever it is that you prefer is more in your mind than in your mouth really, cause if you don't have fond memories tied to it, you say Uggghhhh!

Old 07-19-2014, 11:40 AM

1,647 posts, read 2,064,040 times
Great point. ..and that's just what they are...memories. No need to build those here and contribute to the already unhealthy diet of many..no? I have many memories of certain restaurants from "back home"...but I don't need/want them built here. I'm sure I'm not alone, especially if it's garbage quality fare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio