Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2008, 08:22 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,964,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
Seriously??? That's just asking for trouble!
No kidding. I couldn't believe it at first, but then I started poking around MySpace and saw countless cases where way too much information was available to the public. That's why I never post pictures of my kids (abduction, pedophiles, etc.), information about where I live (other than vague things such as city or zip), or anything regarding my work location. There are too many whackjobs out there these days.

--Dim

Old 06-27-2008, 08:24 AM

To piggyback off of sapphire's post--many high school and college kids don't understand the rammifications of such pictures (bong smoking, heavy drinking, crazy parties, etc.) as far as future employment goes. Many HR departments search the Internet for a potential hire, focusing on MySpace and Facebook for the "good stuff." You'd be amazed what comes up when you just Google an email address or known username.

--Dim

Old 06-27-2008, 08:26 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,700,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
No kidding. I couldn't believe it at first, but then I started poking around MySpace and saw countless cases where way too much information was available to the public. That's why I never post pictures of my kids (abduction, pedophiles, etc.), information about where I live (other than vague things such as city or zip), or anything regarding my work location. There are too many whackjobs out there these days.

--Dim
So, even if you keep your profile private? They can still see your info? Just curious?

Old 06-27-2008, 08:27 AM

1,805 posts, read 4,777,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Same here, I just haven't gotten in to Facebook. Not that I'm really "in" to myspace, but I have connected with OLD friends from my old stompin' ground and people I've lost touch with just since meeting them in SA.

I'm really poised to monitor my son's myspace-ness when he gets active on there. I doubt he's going to be that into it, but he's already got his page made--and he's one of my top friends. But he'll probably block me in a year or two. That's when I am going to become a hot 14 year old named Britney, who's on the dance team at a high school across town. I'll get back in there somehow.

J/K, I was totally disgusted with that woman who taunted that young girl that ended up killing herself......that was so uncalled-for. I'll just watch my son from a distance, and like I said, he's probably not gonna be a myspace fiend anyway. Especially since he knows I'm on there.
ooohh hooo hooooo, don't even get me started on Lori Drew!!!!
She's going to trial and she's going to JAIL!! Where the sick b**** belongs!! Unfortunately, HER very own children will have to also pay the price... the only possible good outcome that will derive from THAT is if MomLori is heartbroken for what she's putting her own children though now, by having a mom in jail ......
DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED......

Old 06-27-2008, 08:31 AM

Quote:
So, even if you keep your profile private? They can still see your info? Just curious?
No, if your profile is private, it will not be searchable. I think the word is getting out among younger folks (keep things private or strip the public pages of private information), but there are still plenty of examples where people of all ages put way too much online.

Talk to any private investigator--he/she will tell you that the Internet is the first place to look for details about a person. Heck, even the blog sites are great resources to search for sensitive details about a person's life.

--Dim

Old 06-27-2008, 08:33 AM

486 posts, read 1,114,350 times
After Aug 11, my last day of practicum class is Aug 11 and he will come down to help move me sometime after that.

Quote:
When are you guys going to be together for good?

Old 06-27-2008, 08:39 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,042,880 times
Quote:
So...when are we going to Green? Wasn't that in the works too?
Yes, but I am going to have to BMOM. bring my own meat
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Think around the end of this month? When sapphire finishes tormenting her son (errrrrrr........ granting him lots of great opportunities ) for the summer......

Go to search, advanced search, search by member name......
He's done being tormen......I mean, his tutorial is over, now he is just doing his Saturday classes......

I must be putting in the wrong name........nuttin'.

And Lori--we can have a COOKOUT for you......I'm from VA too, so I know how to have a cookout! I never sat on a log and drank Lone Star Light till I moved here, though.....cuz we knows how to party in these parts.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:47 AM

4,147 posts, read 8,004,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Same here, I just haven't gotten in to Facebook. Not that I'm really "in" to myspace, but I have connected with OLD friends from my old stompin' ground and people I've lost touch with just since meeting them in SA.

I'm really poised to monitor my son's myspace-ness when he gets active on there. I doubt he's going to be that into it, but he's already got his page made--and he's one of my top friends. But he'll probably block me in a year or two. That's when I am going to become a hot 14 year old named Britney, who's on the dance team at a high school across town. I'll get back in there somehow.

J/K, I was totally disgusted with that woman who taunted that young girl that ended up killing herself......that was so uncalled-for. I'll just watch my son from a distance, and like I said, he's probably not gonna be a myspace fiend anyway. Especially since he knows I'm on there.
Why are not friends on there?

I don't really have many. I was a little myspace ***** in 10-11th grade had 500+ friends but that was 4 profiles ago. I just really don't see the point.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Why are not friends on there?

I don't really have many. I was a little myspace ***** in 10-11th grade had 500+ friends but that was 4 profiles ago. I just really don't see the point.
500???? How do you know 500 people!? Man, you must be popular!

Old 06-27-2008, 08:54 AM

How is it that we have a 3100 sq. ft house, yet my son is laying on my lap and my dog is under my feet?! Don't we have the room to spread out a bit here!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio