Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2008, 08:55 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,045,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
500???? How do you know 500 people!? Man, you must be popular!
You know 500 people, too. Melissa Etheridge is my friend! So are several other artists!

Even some restaurants/bars want to be your friend!

Old 06-27-2008, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
ooohh hooo hooooo, don't even get me started on Lori Drew!!!!
She's going to trial and she's going to JAIL!! Where the sick b**** belongs!! Unfortunately, HER very own children will have to also pay the price... the only possible good outcome that will derive from THAT is if MomLori is heartbroken for what she's putting her own children though now, by having a mom in jail ......
DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED......
PGR--does she have a trial date set? That would be an interesting one to watch. I don't know how that woman sleeps at night!!

Did you watch the Neil Entwistle (?) trial recently--the one that killed his wife and baby? sick sick sick

Old 06-27-2008, 09:11 AM

Relevant to today's OT topic:

FOXNews.com - Divers Launch Lake Search for Missing 12-Year-Old Vermont Girl - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

What are these kids thinking? This is so sad and so totally avoidable.....parents, pay attention!!!!!!!

Old 06-27-2008, 09:29 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,964,607 times
Agreed, Sapphire. We should all pay attention to what our kids do online. Privacy or not, we have to protect the little ones. (For the record, I watch way too much Law & Order: SVU, so I'm even more paranoid these days.) Install keystroke loggers, web filters, restrict computer use to certain times of the day, move the computer into a public family space (living room, for example), keep computers out of the kids' rooms...could go on for days.

--Dim

Old 06-27-2008, 09:33 AM

Yeah, my big worry now is his Xbox live--I keep an ear open since they talk a lot of smack on there.......and I just can't get into playing video games with him--I get motion sickness from them. You should see me at the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. You would ROFL--they make me hurl.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:37 AM

My wife has the same experience during some of my game playing, especially the driving ones. I've never tried Xbox Live, but I have heard that a lot of the players use some very harsh language...

--Dim

Old 06-27-2008, 09:38 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,700,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Relevant to today's OT topic:

FOXNews.com - Divers Launch Lake Search for Missing 12-Year-Old Vermont Girl - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

What are these kids thinking? This is so sad and so totally avoidable.....parents, pay attention!!!!!!!
Here's a better question...why would an adult just drop off a 12 yr old willie nilly at a store? Wouldn't you want to see the 12 yr old go with the other friend or their family or see where they were going? I don't think I'd trust enough to just drop off a kid and say "see ya later!" I don't know, that's my opinion though. I'm sure I'm going to be one of those obsessive over protective parents!

Old 06-27-2008, 09:40 AM

Nothing obsessive or over-protective about it, mojokitty. I would have waited around, myself. Or, better yet, talked with the parent of the girl she was meeting to make sure everything was legit. A 12-year old girl has no business being dropped off at a public place without adult supervision of some kind. That goes for malls, movie theaters, etc.

Of course, I'm a young dad with two little girls at home, so my opinion is a bit biased. (My girls aren't dating until they're 30.)

--Dim

Old 06-27-2008, 09:41 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,700,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Yeah, my big worry now is his Xbox live--I keep an ear open since they talk a lot of smack on there.......and I just can't get into playing video games with him--I get motion sickness from them. You should see me at the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. You would ROFL--they make me hurl.
Yep, my hubby is into Xbox live, mostly because his friends are all over the country, being military. He said he gets these little kids trying to play with his friends and him. They talk nasty on there and he says things like "shouldn't you be in bed? or shouldn't you be in school?". haha He says, they are on there all times of day!

Old 06-27-2008, 09:43 AM

You really have to be obsessive about it these days. And *newsflash* KIDS LIE!! They are just screamin' to be protected, that's all.

There is going to be a lot of finger-pointing after this one, I'm sure. Bottom line, if someone harmed her, it's HIS fault, but how she got there is a different issue altogether.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio