Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2008, 12:38 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,700,394 times

Advertisements

Can I just say...this is TOTALLY off topic....

If I have to watch the Curious George movie one more time with him...I'm going to yell!!!

Old 06-27-2008, 12:40 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,964,378 times
lol...That's what I say about driving the minivan and hearing the "Land Before Time" theme song over...and over...and over...etc.

We're leaving for a road trip to Northern VA in a few weeks. I already told the wife that we get new DVDs or the kids find their own rides.

--Dim

Old 06-27-2008, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
lol...That's what I say about driving the minivan and hearing the "Land Before Time" theme song over...and over...and over...etc.

We're leaving for a road trip to Northern VA in a few weeks. I already told the wife that we get new DVDs or the kids find their own rides.

--Dim
haha! I had to buy a new DVD player for the car because the other one broke. I made sure there was a place for headphones for him. Let's just say, the trip from here to Houston was a long one with no player. Oh, and I used to say "we're never going to have a dvd player in the car for our kids...blah blah blah" Now...total change of heart!

I don't think we own a Land Before Time. Maybe we should start a kid movie swaping thing on here!

Old 06-27-2008, 12:47 PM

One requirement for a minivan was a DVD player with headphone jacks for all. Unfortunately, the 4 year old doesn't like to wear them right now, so we have to listen to whatever she watches.

For the record, I would NEVER attempt another road trip without the DVD player. It is the best thing since internal combustion.

Also, I read your last statement as "...we should start a kid swapping thing..." lol

--Dim

Old 06-27-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
One requirement for a minivan was a DVD player with headphone jacks for all. Unfortunately, the 4 year old doesn't like to wear them right now, so we have to listen to whatever she watches.

For the record, I would NEVER attempt another road trip without the DVD player. It is the best thing since internal combustion.

Also, I read your last statement as "...we should start a kid swapping thing..." lol

--Dim
The kid swaping thing....that's funny! Nope, my kid is all I could handle! Plus, most other parents have more than one kid and that would NOT work for us! It's a one for one deal here. No one for two....though my guy is enough work to equal 2 kids!

Old 06-27-2008, 12:50 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,557,517 times
LOL!! Yep sapphire, I was raised Catholic too, so I understand the guilt thing! (and I too, mean no offense to anyone by that ). And no mojo, none of my fave bands during that time. We "believed" that stuff for about 4 years, and it took losing our oldest daughter (she ran away/left home the day before Father's Day) to wake us up and shake us out of it. I say "us", but it was mainly me. My hubby wasn't quite as sold on it as I was. We didn't have any contact with her for almost 6 months, and it's been a healing process all these years between us and her & her husband (she got married about 3 months after she left home).

I don't really beat myself up about it anymore, but I did for a while. Since my kids seem (relatively) well adjusted now, very happy, and our family is SO close ~ I feel like we've come thru it all for the better. So, while the whole thing was incredibly difficult and terribly painful, it was necessary and served its purpose. AND, I'm so fortunate that my bigger kids are insightful and have each expressed to me that they understand and can see that everything that I "believed" was because of my deep desire for them to be happy, to feel incredibly loved, all that. I wuv my kids!!

The "why I don't go to to church anymore" story will hafta wait for another day, tho! LOL!!!

Old 06-27-2008, 12:53 PM

285 posts, read 678,006 times
Quote:

--Dim
Where in northern Virginia? I'll be driving the reverse (northern VA to Canyon Lake) in 7 weeks. What route are you taking?

Lori

Old 06-27-2008, 12:56 PM

285 posts, read 678,006 times
Quote:

--Dim
So did I and I haven't stopped laughing! Part of that, of course, is today is the last of 5 days at Vacation Bible School so I'm more than a little loopy.

Lori

Old 06-27-2008, 01:03 PM

Lori,

We lived in Ashburn Village up until last August, when I got a job in SA. I moved the wife and kids down in September. I've been back "up there" many times since then (work-related, sad to say), but this will be the first time that the rest of my family will join.

On the way up, we're taking a northerly route (through Dallas, Memphis, Nashville, Bristol, TN and on up I-81). The route back will take us "down south" through Knoxville, Chattanooga, Baton Rouge, and Houston. Should be a great trip--I finally get to use some of the Marriott points I've built up over the past year!

--Dim

Old 06-27-2008, 01:03 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,557,517 times
Default And now for something completely off topic!!

I wish I knew how to record sound and post it on here! To show you just how incredibly WEIRD my family is now ~ my almost 22 year old daughter is in the shower, getting ready for work. She's singing (errrrrrrr shouting at the top of her lungs!) one of the songs from The Little Mermaid. (especially shouting the "bet they don't reprimand their daughters"! LOL!!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio