Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 07:27 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,257,302 times

Advertisements

The city is over 60% Hispanic, and educated urban/suburban people with college degrees tend to lean blue has well. The last demographic was the downfall of the Republicans in the last election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2018, 08:18 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,748,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthnry View Post

"Big shot businessmen?" They're voting blue, or at least their wives are. Look at Houston and Dallas.
Oh, I think their wives are.

Old 11-12-2018, 08:21 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,748,788 times
Quote:
What facts am I ignoring?

Alternative facts? ;-)

Old 11-13-2018, 06:03 AM

4,433 posts, read 5,346,276 times
Quote:
What facts am I ignoring?
Abbott and Cruz both won white suburban women.

Quote:
The Texas Senate vote broke along racial lines, according to the NBC News Exit Poll. Republican Sen. Ted Cruz was able to pull off a tight victory with the backing of white voters. Democratic challenger Beto O’Rourke won 63 percent of the Latino vote and 89 percent of the black vote, but that was not enough to overcome Cruz’s support among white voters, which came in at 65 percent -- 71 percent of white men and 59 percent of white women.
https://www.nbcnews.com/card/nbc-new...t-cruz-n933116

Old 11-13-2018, 06:30 AM

437 posts, read 638,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
If you look at city proper then you are right. If you look at metropolitan area then you are wrong.

Beto won both votes which boggles the mind considering Abbott won the metropolitan area.

How can a voter can vote for Abbott and Beto at the same time? Seems to be a very uniformed person or they were not voting on issues but style. Who knows.
Voted for Abbot and Beto here. I just don’t like lyin Ted.

Old 11-13-2018, 06:59 AM

6,706 posts, read 8,775,152 times
Quote:
If you look at city proper then you are right. If you look at metropolitan area then you are wrong.

Beto won both votes which boggles the mind considering Abbott won the metropolitan area.

How can a voter can vote for Abbott and Beto at the same time? Seems to be a very uniformed person or they were not voting on issues but style. Who knows.
One word: Bipartisanship

Maybe it still exists? Hopefully.

Old 11-13-2018, 07:42 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,231,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
It truly boggles the mind. A Democrat will NEVER get my vote, unless and until one of them stands up and calls the rest of them out on their BS. And that's my opinion, don't care what anyone says.
I vote independent, so I don't really have a dog in the "Rep vs Dem" hunt. Having said that, I feel the same way about many current Reps. They don't call out their leader, the head Cheeto, on his lies and flip-flopping statements.

I am not defending the Dems, just showing you that the issue you raise exists on BOTH sides.

Quote:
Seriously? You don't know? Abbott won by 10-15 points, and Lyin' Ted barely ecked out a win with 2-3 points. So obviously LOTS of voters did exactly what you profess amazement about.

As to why... Lyin' Ted is a worthless politician. What has he done for Texas? Almost nothing. He's spent most of his time in office running for a higher office, instead of representing his constituents. Part of the reason he gets nothing done is because he is the most reviled, disliked member of the Senate. Notice that even Cornyn, one of the most popular & powerful senators, didn't campaign for him. In fact, he never uttered a word about Ted. 'Cause he can't stand him.

And after Trump insulted & slandered his family, there's "Beautiful Ted" back in the embrace.

Sorry, but Lyin' Slimy Ted Cruz will never get my vote. And in six years, as the demo changes in Texas, he'll be gone.

Old 11-13-2018, 08:33 AM

6,706 posts, read 8,775,152 times
I am not a big fan of Abbott but he has done way more for Texas than Cruz ever has.

Old 11-13-2018, 08:47 AM

349 posts, read 422,133 times
Ted Cruz is no Texan and no friend of Texas.

Ted Cruz only won due to the tribalism of having to vote for a GOP because there is a R next to his name.

Anyone truly paying attention would realize that Ted Cruz has done literally NOTHING to deserve a second term.

Oh well, here's to 6 more years of having a truly worthless Senator for this State!

Old 11-13-2018, 09:59 AM

431 posts, read 1,204,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
I vote independent, so I don't really have a dog in the "Rep vs Dem" hunt. Having said that, I feel the same way about many current Reps. They don't call out their leader, the head Cheeto, on his lies and flip-flopping statements.

I am not defending the Dems, just showing you that the issue you raise exists on BOTH sides.

Seriously? You don't know? Abbott won by 10-15 points, and Lyin' Ted barely ecked out a win with 2-3 points. So obviously LOTS of voters did exactly what you profess amazement about.

As to why... Lyin' Ted is a worthless politician. What has he done for Texas? Almost nothing. He's spent most of his time in office running for a higher office, instead of representing his constituents. Part of the reason he gets nothing done is because he is the most reviled, disliked member of the Senate. Notice that even Cornyn, one of the most popular & powerful senators, didn't campaign for him. In fact, he never uttered a word about Ted. 'Cause he can't stand him.

And after Trump insulted & slandered his family, there's "Beautiful Ted" back in the embrace.

Sorry, but Lyin' Slimy Ted Cruz will never get my vote. And in six years, as the demo changes in Texas, he'll be gone.
Perfectly stated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio