Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2008, 08:47 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,296,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
sex pistols did play at randy's
And people DID throw stuff at them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 10:05 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,618,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffyfan View Post
For some reason I dislike the Tezel Rd./Bandera/Guilbeau road area. Traffic sucks...and there isn't anything interesting to look at over there.
I hate that area too. That's one of those areas that I just can't believe people choose to live in. But whatever. They aren't making ME live there.

Old 09-21-2008, 04:37 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,684,571 times
Hate the bad drivers
Hate the fat and uneducated people
Hate the fact that the shelter is not non-kill
Hate that there is no light rail system
Hate the construction of new big box centers
Hate the bad/slow drivers
Hate the laid back dress and attitude
I pretty much hate it here!

Old 09-21-2008, 11:46 PM

87 posts, read 294,936 times
Dislikes:
1.Some of the worst drivers compared to other cities I have been to.
2. People not spaying and neutering their pets and thinking their so called "purebred" non-registered chihuahua has the right to breed.
3. Stray dogs and cats roaming the streets and people dumping animals in the country.
4.Just because someone was raised in a certain part of town, some San Antonio residents treat them like kryptonite.
5. The humidity of course.
6. Lack of digital stars (YouTubers)
7. Stores and jobs booming in one side of town.
8. Lack of snow, if it would snow just for a couple of days in December or January I would be a happy camper.
9. Weeds and grass growing out of sidewalks.
10. Lack of subway, light rail and 24 hour buses.
11. Small downtown area and I would love to see huge skyscrapers pooping up.
12. Hard to be an Atheist in this ultra-Catholic city.

2. Having a really cool area like Southtown.
3. Being close to Austin, Canyon Lake, Calaveras and Braunig, Seaworld, Six Flags, South Padre Island, Rockport, Choke Canyon etc.
4. Low cost of living
5. The fact that I can be anywhere in this city and actually run into someone I know.
6. Ron Paul stickers on telephone poles and store windows.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:46 AM

317 posts, read 1,751,343 times
Dislikes-
Feeling like an outsider because we do not speak Spanish and are not completely familiar with the culture. Also being referred to as Anglo- we had never heard that before moving here.
The schools- I am sure there are some good ones, but the ones my girls have attended have been rough.(NISD)
Allergies- they are very bad for us here.
The property taxes are really high. And there is no way our house could have appreciated that much in two years- unfair tax assessments.
The heat and humidity here can get exhausting after a while. While we had time to do things during the summer, the heat was so brutal we couldn't do much that we liked, at least not during the day.
The graffiti is awful, and makes it look like a rundown, gang infested city.
The nonstop sprawl-How many fast food places do we all need? Its crazy!
Why are so many building painted in neutral colors here?
There are so many strays here, its really sad.
And last but not least, my in-laws live here.

** had to add this one- I really, really hate fire-ants**

Likes-
Lower cost of living.
People are pretty friendly.
Downtown is really nice- we love it. Lots of tourist activities.
Although I have a tiny speck of yard, I can garden like crazy here.
My husband is able to get into most places in his wheelchair, and is not gawked at by people.
The many colleges/universities here. We have great hope for our kids to go to college.
Texas pride- nothing beats it anywhere.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:28 PM

31 posts, read 109,734 times
Likes: It's pretty safe. Most of the people that kill each other seem to be related by blood or marriage. There are very few crimes against complete strangers.

Dislikes: It's a small town that's dressed up to look like a city. But SA is no city. Not even close. It has pretensions to being one though.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:40 PM

31 posts, read 109,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodgerJ View Post
SA may have the highest percentage of people in the world that wear the same clothes to a restaurant that they slept in...
:spit: that is just too funny.

i get complimented every single day for being so well-dressed. in any other city, my style of dressing would be nothing to make any fuss about.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:44 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybb View Post

in any other city, my style of dressing would be nothing to make any fuss about.
You've been to all of them?

Old 09-23-2008, 12:32 AM

362 posts, read 1,058,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybb View Post
Likes: It's pretty safe. Most of the people that kill each other seem to be related by blood or marriage. There are very few crimes against complete strangers.

Dislikes: It's a small town that's dressed up to look like a city. But SA is no city. Not even close. It has pretensions to being one though.

Over 2 million people is not a small town.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:47 AM

362 posts, read 1,058,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age_of_Pisces210 View Post
Dislikes:
1.Some of the worst drivers compared to other cities I have been to.
2. People not spaying and neutering their pets and thinking their so called "purebred" non-registered chihuahua has the right to breed.
3. Stray dogs and cats roaming the streets and people dumping animals in the country.
4.Just because someone was raised in a certain part of town, some San Antonio residents treat them like kryptonite.
5. The humidity of course.
6. Lack of digital stars (YouTubers)
7. Stores and jobs booming in one side of town.
8. Lack of snow, if it would snow just for a couple of days in December or January I would be a happy camper.
9. Weeds and grass growing out of sidewalks.
10. Lack of subway, light rail and 24 hour buses.
11. Small downtown area and I would love to see huge skyscrapers pooping up.
12. Hard to be an Atheist in this ultra-Catholic city.

2. Having a really cool area like Southtown.
3. Being close to Austin, Canyon Lake, Calaveras and Braunig, Seaworld, Six Flags, South Padre Island, Rockport, Choke Canyon etc.
4. Low cost of living
5. The fact that I can be anywhere in this city and actually run into someone I know.
6. Ron Paul stickers on telephone poles and store windows.

San Antonio has one of the better downtowns in the country. The historical Architecture, liveliness, and festive colorful atmosphere, make San Antonio unique. The best downtown between here and Chicago.

Things I don't like.

1. Some decisions of the Historic Review Commission.
2. Major F-500 companies decide to build new headquarters outside downtown instead of a lofty skyscraper in the CBD. I Still Love San Antonio's distinctive skyline.
3. The city taking it's sweet time to build Light rail.
4. No NFL, but city does toot it's horn it wants one.

Thats about all that comes to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio