Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2008, 12:25 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,542,251 times

Advertisements

I don't even think the humidity here is bad. I would say the worst city that I personally lived in would be Memphis - humid night and day. Awful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 12:53 PM

163 posts, read 546,390 times
I hate the endless supply and demand cycle of Reggaeton and Rap (Not Hip-Hop....Rap)music in San Antonio. Seriously, people should want better for themselves...

I also hate seeing Julios put Third Coast Swangin, Texas Playas, and other declarations of Ghettocity in old english letters on their beat-up cars.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:06 PM

27 posts, read 77,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Do you also take you MAC book to starbucks and listen to IPOD while you eat you sugar free vegan frendly Banana nut bread?
Starbucks uses coffee beans that are not free trade but sugar free vegan frendly Banana nut bread sounds tasty... and healthy
that brings me to another thing I hate which one of you can help me with. I really hate that San Antonio has very few health stores, does anyone know where I can find one?

Old 07-18-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfredzio View Post
You probably won't like the climate. Winters are so long and gloomy in this part of Europe that you will miss the sun for sure. It is one of the reasons I consider moving to Austin or SA, although your post gave me some food for thought.

Another thing I hate about San Antonio.. Weather.. Did we have a winter or a spring this year?

Old 07-18-2008, 05:12 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,827,850 times
Yes, Austin! Try moving there.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:19 PM

732 posts, read 3,553,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaydee View Post
Starbucks uses coffee beans that are not free trade but sugar free vegan frendly Banana nut bread sounds tasty... and healthy
that brings me to another thing I hate which one of you can help me with. I really hate that San Antonio has very few health stores, does anyone know where I can find one?
There are plenty of Sun Harvests and then there's Central Market and Whole Foods. After moving from the Seattle area last year, I felt the same and turned my nose up a bit at the Sun Harvest store close to us (on Callaghan...) But, I've come to really like it now - they have a darn good selection. So what if it's not brand-spankin' new and flashy. Kind of reminds me of the old-school health food stores of the 70's.......

Old 07-18-2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodi711 View Post
Phaydee,
Unfortunately you are going to get alot of what you 'hate' everywhere you go. I disagree about the Spurs comment as well as the architecture comment. There is alot of good architecture, new and old, throughout the city. AND, a helpful hint, it is NOT wise to refer to the Alamo as "that stupid alamo". That was VERY disrespectful.

Oh, also, the city has already started distributing recycle cans to residences in San Antonio. If you wait around, you will probably receive one. If you can't wait...you can go.
I hate that people in san antonio take it personally when someone offers a different opinion and that their first impulse is anger(repeat... sorry)

I am going to have to stand my ground on the spurs. I can not stand the fans.. They are all willing to high five you in the arena but also willing to run you over to get out of the parking lot first.... whats up with that?!?

I hate getting flamed by people who have "city pride" but will not lift a finger to make this town a better place. I find THAT VERY disrespectful to the TOWN.

Last edited by phaydee; 07-18-2008 at 05:37 PM..

Old 07-18-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midorigreen View Post
There are plenty of Sun Harvests and then there's Central Market and Whole Foods. After moving from the Seattle area last year, I felt the same and turned my nose up a bit at the Sun Harvest store close to us (on Callaghan...) But, I've come to really like it now - they have a darn good selection. So what if it's not brand-spankin' new and flashy. Kind of reminds me of the old-school health food stores of the 70's.......

Yeah, Sun harvest is cool.

Old 07-19-2008, 05:50 PM

791 posts, read 3,961,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Do you also take you MAC book to starbucks and listen to IPOD while you eat you sugar free vegan frendly Banana nut bread?
OMG how funny ryne - I actually had a meeting at the Quarry Starbucks today where I ordered the sugar free banana nut bread. And yes, I had my macbook with me too. Got home, logged on, read this thread and burst out laughing. Can't wait to hear the scorn and sarcasm in your next post

Old 07-19-2008, 07:25 PM

119 posts, read 430,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midorigreen View Post

I totally agree about the health stores of the 70's vibe!!! I love that! It's like stepping back in time. Actually, I'm not really old enough to venture that this statement is accurate, but I know enough about the seventies to make that assumption.

Love about this city-the local hole in the walls
Hate about this city-not walk-friendly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio