Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2014, 12:46 PM

915 posts, read 1,904,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpsbob View Post
Tiger Pop on Loop 1604. I googled Korean restaurants and went to that one.

Has anyone here been to Korean restaurants in San Antonio?
I like Kiku Gardens and there is about 10 others in that area for exploration. Korean Restaurant & Grocery Ground 0 for SA.

I also enjoy Ilsong Garden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2014, 12:00 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,557,580 times
Friday: Zoe's (1604). Yummy as usual, another plate of chicken kebabs. I love the fact that you can choose your sides.

Saturday: Steak and Shake. Originally, we had a crazy notion to visit In N Out, thinking that the rain would discourage many from going...line of cars was wrapped around the back and down the side street, and people were standing in line in the rain . So off to S&S we went. They were crowded as well, obviously benefiting from the overflow.

I do wish they has a fuller menu, but it's my understanding that this is an "express" version.

Old 11-24-2014, 08:33 AM

I normally don't eat chain, but it was convenient to the movie DW wanted to see. As such, I can report Draft House makes a very tasty turkey pot pie and the beer selection is very good. The wine selection is 100% chain restaurant sad. DW also enjoyed her steak sandwich and they were willing to cook it rare. I would gladly go back.

Old 11-24-2014, 08:49 AM

923 posts, read 1,502,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pobre View Post

Saturday: Steak and Shake. Originally, we had a crazy notion to visit In N Out, thinking that the rain would discourage many from going...line of cars was wrapped around the back and down the side street, and people were standing in line in the rain . So off to S&S we went. They were crowded as well, obviously benefiting from the overflow.

I do wish they has a fuller menu, but it's my understanding that this is an "express" version.
Wow, I didn't even realize we had Steak n' Shake in San Antonio...I'll have to go and have a Wisconsin Buttery.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:58 AM

3,216 posts, read 8,557,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chud View Post
Wow, I didn't even realize we had Steak n' Shake in San Antonio...I'll have to go and have a Wisconsin Buttery.
There's actually 2! The other is inside the airport, Terminal 1/A, where the McD's used to be.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:57 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,434,896 times
Sunday had gristmill in Gruene, the chicken fried steak was great. Good portion and the home made fries are delish.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:53 AM

Paloma Blanca- It had been a long time since my last visit and I figured it was time to give them another try. The first thing I noticed is they condensed their menu. I tried a couple of their premium margaritas and was underwhelmed. For food, I went with the asada taquitos and a cup of posole. Both were done well and I can offer no complaints. In fact, the posole with its mouth melting chunks of pork left me wishing I had opted for a bowl instead of a taquito side car. My wife I had a cilantro cream chicken breast and, although is seemed tough to cut, it was juicy and flavorful. Service was friendly, but our server seemed over matched on a busy night and was MIA at crucial points of the eve.

Food - B+
Drinks- C
Service- D+

I would go back, but SoLuna remains my clear favorite in the area.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:41 PM

1,038 posts, read 876,880 times
Broadway Bistro.

It was delicious

Old 11-26-2014, 10:14 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,330,165 times
Sushishima again. It was truly good this time around (usually is) - tempura was good as was some sushi. I had a Seafood soba dish - really liked it.

The red bean ice cream and chocolate sauce - yummy. Not cheap but I've paid the same money around time for junk. This was worth it.

Old 11-26-2014, 05:32 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Guajillo's at Blanco and 410. My nose is still running, thanks to their salsa. Way too painful to enjoy but I'm sure others like it.

One son had their meatballs with chipotle sauce and really enjoyed them. The rest of us had steak tacos or tacos Al pastor. They are served on 6 small corn tortillas with cilantro and onions. Lots of meat, and the pork was better than the beef. Pretty good but I prefer Tex Mex rather than this cuisine. ...I guess "interior Mexican. "

Tres Leches cake was shared for dessert and was standard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio