Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 06:07 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,047,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdMaven View Post
I did it once a week. From the HD to West Hollywood (Sunset & LaCienega). Not fun!
Back in "the day" I used to live (almost) at the corner of Sunset and La Cienega. We got out of there shortly after the House of Blues went in and we were awakened all night long by the sounds of car alarms in their parking lot going off. I miss the nightlife on Sunset, but I value the ability to have a good night's rest without a bunch of noise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 06:40 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,047,807 times
Ok, after I made the post above this one, I read this article on Yahoo News, but this isn't the kind of nightlife I miss!

LA police kill man shooting at cars in Hollywood - Yahoo! News

Old 03-05-2012, 06:06 PM

469 posts, read 913,772 times
Victorville Sux. 3 prisons, crime, gangs, illegals, terrible schools. Dirty, dusty. Falling home prices. SCLA is a failed attempt to convert a former Air Base. Could have been a major employer, but lawsuits and incompetent bureaucats only made it worse. VV sux in more ways than you could know.

Old 03-10-2012, 01:50 AM

7 posts, read 27,727 times
Agreed, used to live there for years before '05. I don't know now but place is filled with ex-convicts and it just feels out of place, I can't in the life of me come back, past is past.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:44 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,031,991 times
I know this thread is from 2007 & alot of the posts about vv were negative. Is vv better or worse now (almost 5 years later) ?

Old 03-21-2012, 02:53 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,548,895 times
I have heard "worse", but I don't live there. I just drive through it on occasion.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:51 PM

1,714 posts, read 3,853,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
I know this thread is from 2007 & alot of the posts about vv were negative. Is vv better or worse now (almost 5 years later) ?
The high desert area's property values have been dropping like rocks since 2005-2007 (pre-bust).

Residential towns like Hesperia, Apple Valley, Oak Hills, etc. are pretty good retirement towns for those who are into nature and desert kind of thing. Very quiet up there and it's pretty safe for the most part.

I think if you have a growing family and want to move to the high desert (particularly Victorville) for jobs and education, then the high desert isn't the right place.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:08 AM

37 posts, read 166,925 times
Victorville is not the best place to live. I have family that lived there for a while but soon moved out. yes the housing is appealing but with low prices comes high costs. There are very few jobs in the area so one will have to commute to work. This requires one to drive on the 15 freeway which gets packed with traffic in the morning and evening. Also, my Godmother complained many of the students were picking on her daughters. While bullying is common everywhere, it is more common in the schools in Victorville.

Old 03-22-2012, 01:33 PM

1,714 posts, read 3,853,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerkim View Post
Victorville is not the best place to live. I have family that lived there for a while but soon moved out. yes the housing is appealing but with low prices comes high costs. There are very few jobs in the area so one will have to commute to work. This requires one to drive on the 15 freeway which gets packed with traffic in the morning and evening. Also, my Godmother complained many of the students were picking on her daughters. While bullying is common everywhere, it is more common in the schools in Victorville.
Older kids and young adults in the high desert have a lot of angst.

Probably being cooped up in the desert 24/7 with nothing fun to do and realizing the HD has no future for them have something to do with their frustration.

There are no jobs up there, and there is one barely-OK community college (VVC) for higher education. I would be pretty angry too if I were stuck in that kind of hopeless situation.

Maybe the VV area will bounce back when the economy booms again... but now it's not a fun place for families.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:07 AM

2 posts, read 2,998 times
Default Love Victorville

I love Victorville. I recently moved from Chicago to be with my love Rosie. This has been the best move. It is quiet here. There is no crime in my area. Everyone is friendly. It is less hectic than Chicago. The homes in area are beautiful. I am never leaving here. I do not miss anything about Chicago. If you like desert life you wull love Victorville. Love Victorville and Rosie with all my heart. No going back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties