Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 05:01 PM

2 posts, read 4,075 times

Advertisements

I live in the Creekside area and it's really nice. Not cheap, but nice. The homeowner's assn. helps to keep the area looking nice so that's the upside of them. Downside is when you get people in the HOA's that have NO life and feel like trying to run YOURS.

I set them straight on that, but I see it happen all the time. My HOA is not unique in this. They have the "renter/landlord mentality" in that they think they have some magical powers over how you live every aspect of your life. I simply don't tolerate it.
Having said that, you would have a hard time finding a nice area without one, or living under landlord rules if you rent.

$21,000/year??? Do a salary search for comparable jobs and compensation in the southern calif. area. I think the site is http://www.salary.com (don't quote me on this ... if I'm wrong, it's something close ... google it. This is barely entry level salary. The only way you can get living expenses for 750/mo is to share an apartment or house with room mates. (Plural)! If you do that, get EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING in WRITING. The reason I mentioned the HOA above is that, if you rent in a house, with a HOA, you WILL be held to the rules of that association. Be very careful that you know all the rules you will be expected to follow.

Everything here costs a lot more than where you are ... we have to pay for the sunshine.

The upside is that we are close to just about everything. Within an hour of beach, mountain, desert, lakes, Palm Springs, metro LA, etc. Plus, San Bernardino county is much cheaper to live in than LA, Orange, San Diego counties. That's why so many people are moving to this area from those counties. Prices have dropped considerably lately in housing, but I'm not so sure that the rental market has kept pace with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties