Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 06:51 PM

16,806 posts, read 40,002,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Well,
I think that its understandable why so many people from LA would sell their tiny homes and move to big houses on larger lots in the Inland Empire. Who doesnt want a nicer house?
That's exactly what I did. I moved from a South OC house on a tiny lot, where I could literally hear my neighbors' lunch digesting, to a funky old farmhouse in South Fontana on two fenced acres with huge shade trees, fruit trees, grape vines and a big detached garage with a shop. There's no way I could duplicate this (and afford it) where I came from.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:17 PM

181 posts, read 685,318 times
Default Oh, and not to mention the TRAFFIC !!

Its a NIGHTMARE to get around. Big bear, and all of the fairly nice places are HELL to get to. Life is not life when you spend all of your freaking time driving on the congested freeways. California is horrible, So Cal the worst, and the IE and LA are terrible. LA actually might be worse than IE. But at least theres an ocean in LA. haha.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:24 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,502,218 times
I've never had any significant problems here...

Old 09-24-2009, 07:34 PM

191 posts, read 587,040 times
FWIW, my cousins in Seattle think our traffic problems are a cakewalk... It's all about perspective I guess.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I've never had any significant problems here...
Have you ever driven on the freeways?

Old 09-24-2009, 08:31 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,914,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanykayy View Post
It's a horrible place to live. So Cal is bad enough, but why would you pick the slummiest part ? It's ghetto, trashy, dirty, HOT, has horrible air quality. I've lived here almost my whole life. There is nothing to do. No outdoor activities. Everything is brown, no trees. It's hell. If anyone is considering moving to the IE, save yourself a lot of unhappiness, and don't do it. If you MUST (God help you) pick Murrieta. It's the nicest of the IE. Although thats not saying much.
It's not first off. Why do you live here then? I have lived in a middle class neighborhood next to a lake, three regional parks, and only 20 minutes to the mountains. Look, the VAST majority of SoCal has horrible air quality. Downtown Los Angeles, only 12-15 miles from the ocean has HORRIBLE air quality. The reason is due to the valleys which are created by mountains (which give plenty of opportunity for outdoor activity...oh wait! that's right...OUTDOOR activity!!!)

Everything is brown? During the spring, every is lush and green. You do realize that even in Santa Barbara during the summer EVERYTHING is brown. It's because we live in California...we aren't the Pacific NW.

Honestly, the biggest things I dislike of the IE is this inferiority complex that persists as well as banality of suburban regions in general. Murrieta is great town, but it lacks character because instead of maintaining some sembelance of a small rural town, which it once was, it simply allowed developers to appease a group of people which truly did not like living inland but had to due to affordable housing.

Trust me, nowhere is perfect, but nowhere is horrible either (I've lived in Subsaharan Africa and the Middle East...everywhere has its good and bad).

Old 09-24-2009, 09:31 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,502,218 times
Quote:
Have you ever driven on the freeways?
20 years since I started driving...

Old 09-24-2009, 09:44 PM

California isnt for everybody. I guess to be happy in the IE you have to like heat, desert, track homes, and smog. I prefer cool weather, green trees, clean air, and homes with character.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:06 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,914,627 times
Quote:
California isnt for everybody. I guess to be happy in the IE you have to like heat, desert, track homes, and smog. I prefer cool weather, green trees, clean air, and homes with character.
No it's not. And that's fine...But it's kind of not okay to pontificate about the evils of one place. It really does offend people and can make you come across as snobby and ignorant.

I'm assuming your venting and not ignorant and snobby. Which is fine, but there are better way's to vent than essentially say that 10% of the state of California lives in a "horrible" place.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:11 PM

858 posts, read 1,503,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelDime View Post
FWIW, my cousins in Seattle think our traffic problems are a cakewalk... It's all about perspective I guess.
Yeah have fun with the freeways in Seattle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties