Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 09:27 AM

24 posts, read 83,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
It appears you have your mind made up, you are not going to listen to anyone and really think you will live a wonderful life forever as long as you get out of boring So Ca. I wonder what you think there is to do in Seattle you can't do in So California?

Nita
The only thing I agree on, with the original poster, is the weather. I think. I love being in California (it's so diverse!) although I really, really loathe the heat during the summers and the lack of a proper winter down here in the IE. We have a cabin in Big bear but it's really not the same as say, winter up north in Oregon or Washington. I love the rain/grey skies. It does not depress me at all.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:28 AM

181 posts, read 684,655 times
The overcast skies are what I LOVE. Yes I have been to the area numerous times and have looked at the places. And I meant that SEATTLE has less rain than Miami. My mistake. Three months reserve will do me just fine. I do have a secret when it comes to getting a job anyway. Young, vibrant, smart, confident, college degree, excellent work experience, amazing references, and the ability to blow away my competition at any interview. I have never lost a position to anyone. If I have any troubles, I have wonderful parents to help me through. They support my dreams Considering I was a great daughter- straight A's, never got into ANY trouble. I have made all of the right decisions in my life. I will most likely secure a position before I get out there. Just thought it might be fun to have a couple months of adventure in my new surroundings before I begin the work routine

Old 09-25-2009, 09:34 AM

And no one lives a "wonderful life forever." Everyone has their ups and downs just like a city or state. The only difference is that I will have my ups and down in a place that I love.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavieennoir View Post
I am in a hell-hole called Hemet. Although there are very nice parts of the IE like Riverside, Redlands, Chino Hills etc.

Haha I lived in Hemet for a year with my bf. Hemet isnt all that much of a hell hole, I actually like Hemet better than Riverside. The thunderstorms there are awesome !

Old 09-25-2009, 12:37 PM

105 posts, read 374,661 times
I agree that california is very hot, especially the IE but it is not all that bad. We have thought of leaving many times. I would love to move to WA but it is even more expensive than socal to me. My sister lives in Renton a subburb of Seatlle. It is crazy expensive there. i am not sure where you can rent an aprtment for 600 a month out there but I would be leary of the area. Rents are pretty compareale to this area. If you found a place to rent here for 600 a month, where would be? Just be cautious. We have thought of moving to Pittsburgh. The cost of living is cheaper by a landslide and the jobs, at least in our profession pay the same. Where in WA are you moving? it must be very far from seattle, maybe closer to Tacoma or way out in Olympia. You can rent that cheap out there. Anyway, good luck. hope you find what you are looking for. But most important peice of advice-get a job first!!! Do not move anywhere without one.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:55 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,584,142 times
Wow, Hemet must be pretty bad if you like Riverside better.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:14 PM

2,184 posts, read 5,552,769 times
Thumbs up IE.... I didn't start this! It's not my fault...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanykayy View Post
It's a horrible place to live. So Cal is bad enough, but why would you pick the slummiest part ? It's ghetto, trashy, dirty, HOT, has horrible air quality. I've lived here almost my whole life. There is nothing to do. No outdoor activities. Everything is brown, no trees. It's hell. If anyone is considering moving to the IE, save yourself a lot of unhappiness, and don't do it. If you MUST (God help you) pick Murrieta. It's the nicest of the IE. Although thats not saying much.
I'm surprised I'm this late to your party! I wouldn't even vote for Murrieta, where I left in 2004. It was nice in earlier years but it's goin' to the monkey crowds, IMO.

You know, there is the bowling alley which gets old after awhile. There is the Mall.... same problem... There is your own airconditioning & TV & internet. That's it. I heard there's a trolley & it doesn't even go to the community college (that's what I heard on CD). So much for infrastructure or community mindedness.

If you like M. in a passable way, well at least there must be one nice person there! I've heard that there are some nice people in FonTaNa too.

Actually, I left behind a few nice people but for the most part the area is just too crawling with future development, etc as I've already stated elsewhere: I don't want to pollute your lovely thread with more of my diatribe.

It's all fine & dandy if you have higher aspirations & have a way out...

Kate

Last edited by sarahkate_m; 09-25-2009 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: Fontucky!

Old 09-25-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyahunting View Post
I agree that california is very hot, especially the IE but it is not all that bad. We have thought of leaving many times. I would love to move to WA but it is even more expensive than socal to me. My sister lives in Renton a subburb of Seatlle. It is crazy expensive there. i am not sure where you can rent an aprtment for 600 a month out there but I would be leary of the area. Rents are pretty compareale to this area. If you found a place to rent here for 600 a month, where would be? Just be cautious. We have thought of moving to Pittsburgh. The cost of living is cheaper by a landslide and the jobs, at least in our profession pay the same. Where in WA are you moving? it must be very far from seattle, maybe closer to Tacoma or way out in Olympia. You can rent that cheap out there. Anyway, good luck. hope you find what you are looking for. But most important peice of advice-get a job first!!! Do not move anywhere without one.

I have looked at a few places in Everett, Edmonds, and the city of Seattle.

Old 09-25-2009, 03:05 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavieennoir View Post
The only thing I agree on, with the original poster, is the weather. I think. I love being in California (it's so diverse!) although I really, really loathe the heat during the summers and the lack of a proper winter down here in the IE. We have a cabin in Big bear but it's really not the same as say, winter up north in Oregon or Washington. I love the rain/grey skies. It does not depress me at all.
of course everyone has his or her weather preferance. I can't stand the awful humidity in Texas, but don't mind it here cause the summers are shorter. I do not love the So Ca weather either. I am one that doesn't really mind the rain within reason, but could never take Portland or Seattle weather. In fact we just got over about 10 days of rain and I thought I would go nuts. I do agree the IE doesn't have the nicest weather in the summer; winters are very nice.

Nita

Old 09-25-2009, 03:09 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanykayy View Post
The overcast skies are what I LOVE. Yes I have been to the area numerous times and have looked at the places. And I meant that SEATTLE has less rain than Miami. My mistake. Three months reserve will do me just fine. I do have a secret when it comes to getting a job anyway. Young, vibrant, smart, confident, college degree, excellent work experience, amazing references, and the ability to blow away my competition at any interview. I have never lost a position to anyone. If I have any troubles, I have wonderful parents to help me through. They support my dreams Considering I was a great daughter- straight A's, never got into ANY trouble. I have made all of the right decisions in my life. I will most likely secure a position before I get out there. Just thought it might be fun to have a couple months of adventure in my new surroundings before I begin the work routine
It is too bad you don't like yourself..

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties