Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 02:27 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,911,625 times

Advertisements

Uverse's internet speeds are horrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 02:45 PM

20,836 posts, read 17,115,957 times
Gosh seems like it's hit and miss. My speed here rivals my work T1 line. We always get a live person when we call within 5 rings and they typically solve any issue over the phone so I guess they have good installers and bad ones.

Old 08-29-2014, 02:11 AM

29 posts, read 66,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Uverse's internet speeds are horrible.
I decided to go with Time Warner for Internet. Picked up the modem today, got back home, and went to connect it only to find they didn't give me the Ethernet cable. Called them up and was told no one can come out until Tuesday. Not a good first impression. Went to the Apple a Store, bought the cable, hooked it up and it still doesn't work. Called TWC, got bounced around from one rep to the next, and they determined that there must be a problem with their cable that leads into my house. They wanted to send someone on Tuesday, I said "send someone tomorrow or I'm bringing you your equipment back and collecting my refund." They're sending a tech tomorrow.

Old 08-29-2014, 05:50 AM

20,836 posts, read 17,115,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceOfHearts View Post
I decided to go with Time Warner for Internet. Picked up the modem today, got back home, and went to connect it only to find they didn't give me the Ethernet cable. Called them up and was told no one can come out until Tuesday. Not a good first impression. Went to the Apple a Store, bought the cable, hooked it up and it still doesn't work. Called TWC, got bounced around from one rep to the next, and they determined that there must be a problem with their cable that leads into my house. They wanted to send someone on Tuesday, I said "send someone tomorrow or I'm bringing you your equipment back and collecting my refund." They're sending a tech tomorrow.
From what I hear Cox is worse.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:12 AM

332 posts, read 632,738 times
Not a fan of Time Warner...with DISH now.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:49 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,342,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
From what I hear Cox is worse.
I've had Cox for years, and have never had a problem. I tried to get AT&T in my current apartment with no success, so I went back to Cox. The previous tenant didn't have any internet/cable, and AT&T told me that they would have to "build" the address into their system, which would take 5-7 days. I told them not to bother, hung up, called Cox, and the tech was out the next day.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:04 PM

807 posts, read 898,779 times
Quote:
Thanks for the update!

I've often found the follow up information very helpful for stuff that I've searched for. Then there's also the occasional wondering about how things turned out for the thread starters.

Old 10-13-2014, 05:04 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,150,706 times
Ugh awful plug. I think I'll vomit now.

Old 10-13-2014, 06:15 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,282,368 times
Quote:
I went with Time Warner last February. I heard stories about their modems and how they weren't the best, so I bought my own from Costco for $80. I figured it would pay for itself since you have to rent the modem from TW.

I'm very happy with the service. The speeds are as advertised and I haven't had any service interruption yet.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:30 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,433,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Ugh awful plug. I think I'll vomit now.
LOL....I saw the post you were referring to and reported it. It was deleted, so your comment sort of stands out now, doesn't it?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego