Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 11:34 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,762,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsba View Post
The Metreon is no longer in existence. Its undergoing renovations to become a target. Sony pulled out after a man was shot to death on the escalator.

Seriously? Wow. I have a lot of memories from the Metreon, particularly from the arcade upstairs. That's a sad loss for DT SF, particularly because it was right across the street from the Powell BART.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 11:35 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,324,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
If you think Hegenberger is filthy and poor you need to get out more.
what are you saying.. that I should visit Richmond or other parts of Oakland... do u purposely go out of ur way to be in squalor... I don't understand.. the Area around the coliseum is a garbage dump. I'm not around filth like that. maybe u guys are used to it.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:36 AM

295 posts, read 461,533 times
I thought the SF MOMA closed at 5:45 except on Thursdays. How does that count as after hours? just asking. Not trying to fan the fire but its an obscure choice when trying to say after hours entertainment in SF, there are clearly better choices. If thats a choice the Orphium=Paramount SF MOMA=OMCA and ACT=Fox. its kind of a draw.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:37 AM

2,518 posts, read 4,011,513 times
Quote:
The Metreon is no longer in existence. Its undergoing renovations to become a target. Sony pulled out after a man was shot to death on the escalator.
The funny thing is, most of the shooting incidents involved people from... yeah you guessed it, OAKLAND.

Quote:
Sunday's slaying was the second fatal shooting near the Metreon since September. On Sept. 16, San Francisco resident Ronald Jacques, 27, was shot to death outside Jillian's restaurant and nightclub. The incident began as a fistfight between two men, witnesses said, then escalated into a brawl involving more than a dozen people. Police accused Kenoye Stroman, 23, of Oakland, of firing several shots into the crowd, killing Jacques and injuring a woman, then fleeing in a limousine.

San Francisco police chased the limousine and pulled it over in Oakland, where Stroman was arrested on suspicion of murder.
Thanks a lot Oakland for exporting your violent crime, and ruining yet another fun place for people to hangout.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:42 AM

where do visiting NBA/mlb/NFL players stay when they're.playing Oakland teams.. the amazing Marriott in downtown Oakland. or maybe the Oakland airport courtyard Marriott. 2 of the finest hotels in the land

Old 05-16-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
what are you saying.. that I should visit Richmond or other parts of Oakland... do u purposely go out of ur way to be in squalor... I don't understand.. the Area around the coliseum is a garbage dump. I'm not around filth like that. maybe u guys are used to it.

In what way is Hegenberger a garbage dump? I didn't know that having one of the nicest wetland parks in the Bay and a variety of restaurants - chain and non-chain - made a place a dump. It's not the nicest area in Oakland but it isn't dangerous or seedy. It also goes without saying that it's a hell of a lot nicer than anything around Candlestick.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:48 AM

nobody in SF would defend candlestick.because it sucks. ppl in.Oakland defend the oracle arena/coliseum area like its Broadway plaza in.walnut creek. it isn't. if it were the warriors and A's wouldn't want to leave.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:49 AM

295 posts, read 461,533 times
I just said it was no longer in existence because of that particular event i never said it had nothing to do with Oakland or not. None the less its hasn't housed Sony in almost two years. I was more referencing it so that you could form a better argument. I mean a defunct business doesn't really help your "Oakland downtown sucks" thing. While i don't agree with that sentiment i would like to see you put together an argument using at least relevant places.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:50 AM

2,518 posts, read 4,011,513 times
Quote:
I thought the SF MOMA closed at 5:45 except on Thursdays. How does that count as after hours? just asking. Not trying to fan the fire but its an obscure choice when trying to say after hours entertainment in SF, there are clearly better choices. If thats a choice the Orphium=Paramount SF MOMA=OMCA and ACT=Fox. its kind of a draw.
Well I would add the Sony Metreon, but apparently when you've got people from OAKLAND firing their gun into random people in a crowd, it's hard to attract business with that ever present danger only a bridge/BART ride away.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
nobody in SF would defend candlestick.because it sucks. ppl in.Oakland defend the oracle arena/coliseum area like its Broadway plaza in.walnut creek. it isn't. if it were the warriors and A's wouldn't want to leave.

Try answering the question.

In what way is Hegenberger a garbage dump?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland