Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 08:01 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisaro TMF View Post
Just like other members on here who pretend they are black to spew racist trash, you consistently throw out right wing talking points and hide behind the "I vote democrat" line. Right.
And you show why our country is so divided because it's all or nothing with you and many others. Why can't a person think there are good ideas from all parties?

I am center, but lean left. I tend to side with Democrats on social issues like same-sex marriage, stem cell research, planned parenthood, abortion, while I tend to side with Republicans on issues such as development approvals, lower taxes, gun rights, and then also some Libertarian ideals such as limited military use, personal liberty, and lower government spending.

The world isn't black and white and no political party is perfect, all politicians are idiots in my opinion, but I vote Democrat because I value social issues the most, but you can dig your head in the sand and just accuse me of lying about how I vote. If I like a city, that doesn't mean I have to like EVERYTHING about it. Get it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
OK, but a lot of us don't want to carry a gun and would prefer that you didn't go around vigilante style itching to stop crime whenever a threat arises. I get the need for YOU to feel safe, but how does that trump everyone else's need to feel safe in public. Keep a gun at home all you want, but toting it around so you can feel safe is pretty selfish, if you ask me.
Ok Oakland, I promise if I ever see you in a life or death situation, I'll just sit on the sidelines and video record so I can put it on youtube, happy? That seems to be the norm here.

Last edited by bmw335xi; 02-20-2015 at 08:12 PM..

Old 02-22-2015, 04:50 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,805,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
NYC became safe because of stop and frisk and buying homeless one way tickets out of the city...
^ This!

Old 02-23-2015, 10:48 AM

540 posts, read 653,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
You are woefully wrong. People with a ccw permit are actually six times less likely to commit a crime than a police officer.
http://crimepreventionresearchcenter...ted-States.pdf

Maybe it is time to learn about the subject instead of continue the false blood in the street narrative.
Than a police officer? The Same Police officers that can run around shooting people and have the charges dismissed which skews the stats? Not a valid or logical comparison. Cops are hardly charged with committing a crime even if obvious.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:08 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,825,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisaro TMF View Post
Than a police officer? The Same Police officers that can run around shooting people and have the charges dismissed which skews the stats? Not a valid or logical comparison. Cops are hardly charged with committing a crime even if obvious.
Ccw holders are also less likely to commit a crime than non ccw holders.

The facts remains, someone with a ccw permit is probably the safest stranger you could be around.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Ccw holders are also less likely to commit a crime than non ccw holders.

The facts remains, someone with a ccw permit is probably the safest stranger you could be around.
Very true, I'd love to see someone give stats showing what % of gun related crime were people WITH permits. I bet it's pretty slim.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:44 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,825,905 times
Quote:
Very true, I'd love to see someone give stats showing what % of gun related crime were people WITH permits. I bet it's pretty slim.
I did earlier in the thread. If I remember correctly, ccw holders are 7 times less likely to commit a crime, and even less likely than that to commit a violent crime.

Some people do not like facts.

Old 02-23-2015, 04:10 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,138,083 times
Most here who are voicing opposition to your gun orgy are not concerned with CCW Permit holders committing crimes. We are concerned with your fantasy of random gun wielding pedestrians acting as judge, jury and executioner in situations that they are not trained for.

The idea that shootouts at the Chuckie Cheese are somehow a better, safer scenario for innocent bystanders is the issue with which we take exception. The way I see it, in this scenario, you just doubled my odds of being shot.

Old 02-23-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
Most here who are voicing opposition to your gun orgy are not concerned with CCW Permit holders committing crimes. We are concerned with your fantasy of random gun wielding pedestrians acting as judge, jury and executioner in situations that they are not trained for.

The idea that shootouts at the Chuckie Cheese are somehow a better, safer scenario for innocent bystanders is the issue with which we take exception. The way I see it, in this scenario, you just doubled my odds of being shot.
You should lay off the caffeine because you always jump to these extreme conclusions causing unnecessary stress on yourself. When I say LAW ABIDING CITIZEN, then that would also mean getting a ccw permit... so I don't know why you are making a little hissy fit

Old 02-23-2015, 04:48 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,138,083 times
Quote:
You should lay off the caffeine because you always jump to these extreme conclusions causing unnecessary stress on yourself. When I say LAW ABIDING CITIZEN, then that would also mean getting a ccw permit... so I don't know why you are making a little hissy fit
I have no idea what you are trying to say here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland