Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2015, 08:31 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Montclair, do you want a time out young lady!
Haha after you booboo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 08:35 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,601,343 times
Do you think that housing prices will ever drop? It's kind of depressing that most of the good jobs are out here (I love my job) yet I can never be a home owner.

Old 10-27-2015, 08:49 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Haha no Im just good at destroying nonsense...I do it instinctively, just like how your cat claws just pop out.
Not sure how you've convinced yourself a highly subjective opinion is "nonsense" or can be "destroyed".

Yeah speaking of cat claws just popping out....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
You mean people are free to have an opinion? I was aware of that, thanks tho.

lol

Old 10-27-2015, 09:12 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,280,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocSciProf View Post
Because the OP said:

I'm not derailing the thread, I'm addressing a major part of the OP's claim:

Neighborhoods are diverse?
Most people are . . . open minded?
Dating is easy?
The racists & homophobes (some of them the center of the area's establishment) were chased to Texas and Florida?

Get real.
I mean even most of the Bay Boosters in this thread, myself included, realize how dumb/short-sighted the OP's post was. Low crime? HA! That's a good one.

Old 10-27-2015, 09:41 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,406,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocSciProf View Post
What was that about the bay area being a beacon of diversity?

Daughter of Tadich Grill family says she was shunned for marrying a black man - Inside Scoop SF

Yeah, it's been thirty years. And, she is still disowned, by all generations of the wealthy family, a family that appears to be a fixture of San Francisco. So, . . ..
What is not reported there (or I should say, re-reported) was the fact that there was adultery that led to the marriage (Ms. Buich was a home wrecker) and later, some fishy business where she grabbed an inheritance from hubby due to a death bed change of the will.

Oh, and the ex wife perished under highly suspicious circumstances.

Old 10-27-2015, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Not sure how you've convinced yourself a highly subjective opinion is "nonsense" or can be "destroyed".

Yeah speaking of cat claws just popping out....
Yawns. Anything else?

Old 10-27-2015, 11:00 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
Lol, no feel free to go back telling people their opinion is "nonsense" and wrong..

Old 10-27-2015, 11:07 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
It is a good place. But the greatest?

A few issues right off the top of my head:
- Transportation infrastructure (both public and roads) is at best a C+.
- The parochialism that you see between SF and every other community, between individual suburbs / inner ring communities, even between entire chunks of the area, is very juvenile and detracts from a regional spirit.
- It is at a dead end in the interstate highway system.
- The homeless problem.
- The cost of living.
- The decline of the middle income demographic segment.

There are some other great cities that have some of these issues but not all of them. That makes them great-er than our lovely Bay Area.
Good list. I'd add that the Bay Area also has one other kind of prejudice. It's the sort of "all conservatives are whacko, dumb, uneducated rednecks" type of mentality and "anyone who doesn't agree with me gets quickly relegated to the whacko group". It's not as open minded or live and let live as Bay Areans say it is.

Last edited by mysticaltyger; 10-28-2015 at 12:02 AM..

Old 10-27-2015, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Lol, no feel free to go back telling people their opinion is "nonsense" and wrong..
Should the need arise, I will.

Likealady said he/she preferred Tokyo because one could be in beautiful countryside faster than driving from SF to SJ...which is a stupid point since the Marin Headlands is just across the Golden Gate Bridge.

That sort of "opinion" is nonsensical and needs to be set straight.

Are you done yet?

Old 10-27-2015, 11:17 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,519,543 times
The OP is seriously delusional! Other than beautiful natural scenery everything else about bay area is pretty pathetic compared to many other metro areas of US. The infrastructure is horrible, ugly poorly constructed housing, pathetic traffic situation, non-existent public transit outside of SF and BART system, the public school system is a total disaster outside of multimillion $ neighborhoods, no work life balance, general anti-family anti-child vibe, random violent crime, angry people everywhere, too many people and crowding/lines, weather is boring and with the current drought we are potentially looking at an epic environmental disaster.. I can go on and on... Only people who think this area is great are people immigrating from third world countries who hasn't seen any better or the native Californians who are just as clueless. Almost everyone I know, even the upper middle class 300K+/year families, constantly think of moving out! I don't think anyone in their right mind would think the standard of living here is up to American standard. I don't think cost of living is a big issue but what you get for your money is definitely an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland