Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2015, 07:06 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Haha no one is even interested in changing your minds love, honestly bye Felicia, it's just that a lot of the reasons you list for preferring Tokyo over SF dont make sense- and they dont have to because to each his own, I just noticed a double standard and pointed it out.
Why are you so angry that some people don't think SF is worth $1.2 million for an ugly home or Brentwood isn't worth $450k for an ugly home?

Relax!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 07:18 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,013,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I don't even think you can get a dump in Sunnyvale for anything less than $750K, at least not a SFH.

East Bay prices are really high imo but Silicon Valley/Peninsula just take it to a whole new level.

$750+ a sq foot for a home zoned with a Middle School and High School rated 5 out of 10.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Jose/1...5/home/1580965
https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Jose/1...ngs-ML81520125
That's because east bay job centers are laughable.

I did get a good lulz out of the add saying 'pride of ownership', whilst displaying a ****ed up lawn.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:40 PM

758 posts, read 551,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's an Old World family. E Europeans tend strongly to be that way.
There's always an explanation. Add up enough incidents, however, and what do ya got? A place not nearly as welcoming as the brochures and boosters maintain.

It would not be disappointing if the boosters weren't adamant that this is the diversity paradise, where all hues are welcomed. Any adult knows people vary on this, and that's life. But around here, saying that is interpreted as an attack on the amazing wonderfulness of the place. Thus, such headlines are useful evidence to present. Doesn't matter they're old world European. They've been here for generations, have the oldest restaurant in the city, and it has thrived. It is EXTREMELY unlikely that the establishment scarfing up their fixins never had ANY idea of their racism. Yet, they still patronized the place, which just goes to show you how (un)committed to inclusion the establishment here is. So, . . ..

Old 10-27-2015, 07:44 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,548,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Why are you so angry that some people don't think SF is worth $1.2 million for an ugly home or Brentwood isn't worth $450k for an ugly home?

Relax!
Hahaha I really dont care, its you all that appear to have some sort of panic attack when someone wonders about your strange reasoning.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:44 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,281,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocSciProf View Post
There's always an explanation. Add up enough incidents, however, and what do ya got? A place not nearly as welcoming as the brochures and boosters maintain.

It would not be disappointing if the boosters weren't adamant that this is the diversity paradise, where all hues are welcomed. Any adult knows people vary on this, and that's life. But around here, saying that is interpreted as an attack on the amazing wonderfulness of the place. Thus, such headlines are useful evidence to present. Doesn't matter they're old world European. They've been here for generations, have the oldest restaurant in the city, and it has thrived. It is EXTREMELY unlikely that the establishment scarfing up their fixins never had ANY idea of their racism. Yet, they still patronized the place, which just goes to show you how (un)committed to inclusion the establishment here is. So, . . ..

We've already discussed how the Bay Area isn't immune from racism ad nauseum. Nobody here is saying the Bay Area is completely devoid of racists, so I'm not sure why you want to derail this thread and rehash the same arguments that were present in the thread that was just locked last week.

Old 10-27-2015, 08:00 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
That's because east bay job centers are laughable.

I did get a good lulz out of the add saying 'pride of ownership', whilst displaying a ****ed up lawn.
Not nearly as laughable as paying $750-850 a square foot to live in boring, dense CA suburban sprawl with crappy schools. Silicon Valley probably has to be the most overrated/priced place on earth, to each their own I suppose lol.

Old 10-27-2015, 08:14 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times
Quote:
Hahaha I really dont care, its you all that appear to have some sort of panic attack when someone wonders about your strange reasoning.
//www.city-data.com/forum/41703971-post20.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/41711863-post82.html

Yeah those are the posts of someone who "doesn't really care" nor is having a panic attack over differing opinions. And you try to call others out for "hypersensitivity"....lol

Old 10-27-2015, 08:15 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
Quote:
Montclair, do you want a time out young lady!

Old 10-27-2015, 08:27 PM

758 posts, read 551,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
We've already discussed how the Bay Area isn't immune from racism ad nauseum. Nobody here is saying the Bay Area is completely devoid of racists, so I'm not sure why you want to derail this thread and rehash the same arguments that were present in the thread that was just locked last week.
Because the OP said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTaverner
Neighborhoods are diverse, crime is low, most people are educated and open minded, the food is great, dating is easy (you just can't be a jerk and expect people to treat you like a king because you have a degree,) and the weather is sublime. . . . This is not to say there are no racists or homophobes in the bay area. It's just that we chased most of them to other places (e.g. Florida, Texas) during the 90s.
I'm not derailing the thread, I'm addressing a major part of the OP's claim:

Neighborhoods are diverse?
Most people are . . . open minded?
Dating is easy?
The racists & homophobes (some of them the center of the area's establishment) were chased to Texas and Florida?

Get real.

Old 10-27-2015, 08:29 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,548,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
//www.city-data.com/forum/41703971-post20.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/41711863-post82.html

Yeah those are the posts of someone who "doesn't really care" nor is having a panic attack over differing opinions. And you try to call others out for "hypersensitivity"....lol
Haha no Im just good at destroying nonsense...I do it instinctively, just like how your cat claws just pop out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland