Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 01:44 PM

1,185 posts, read 1,504,815 times

Advertisements

What a joke.

$4000 isn't enough to cover most places first months deposit, let alone rent and deposit.

And after that bonus, how are teachers going to afford to live on laughably low salaries?

I wonder, how much are government administration in SF making compared to teachers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 03:06 PM

4,369 posts, read 3,726,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdev View Post
What a joke.

$4000 isn't enough to cover most places first months deposit, let alone rent and deposit.

And after that bonus, how are teachers going to afford to live on laughably low salaries?

I wonder, how much are government administration in SF making compared to teachers?
Many are grandfathered in from when houses were affordable and their children may be okay if they inherit.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:46 PM

59 posts, read 47,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
Girlinacafe;
Is the Outer Sunset where you expect to be working or do you just like that area?

I like the area and wouldn't mind teaching there.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
Move to the south, seriously you'll live like a king anywhere else.
ParmaBear, we were offered to move to Ehrhardt SC near my husbands parents. House too. No thank you.

My bother offered me land to build a house in Jackson Ga. No thanks

My mother was born and raised in Atlanta.

I really, really detest the south, it is to repressive and racist. Hot, humid, traffic, your life is built around the traffic pattern of Atlanta.

Little Five Points is a gem, and no, no and no.

Nashville is no better. Tennessee, forget it. No South No way!

Oh wait, did you mean Southern California?

Old 07-07-2016, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
Move to the south, seriously you'll live like a king anywhere else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdev View Post
What a joke.

I'd take the $4k

Old 07-07-2016, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
Girlinacafe;
Google St view link below is from the corner of 9th & Judah. The N-Judah St streetcar turns there. Use your computer mouse to move in the direction of the back of a bus you can see in the link...that way you can explore this shopping & dining area. if you lived in the Outer Sunset, close to this rail line, you could catch the street car to this area. The Inner Sunset neighborhood in the link below is rather close to UCSF....hence it's going to bit a bit more expensive, compared to further west area in SF

https://www.google.com/maps/place/9t...4d2503!6m1!1e1

I know, I have no problem with the area.

I'd be leaving this:
https://goo.gl/maps/uNv55cdsyFp

Old 07-07-2016, 06:24 PM

901 posts, read 1,168,751 times
To TR95: I guess you're calling me a liar. You're wrong. Note I didn't say "always" an hour, just that it has happened to me and to people I know. More often, at peak time, it's 40 to 60 minute crawl to the bridge.

Note that I said from SOMA to the bridge. Not some location in FiDi, which should be marginally shorter, maybe even much shorter depending on how many streets before the bridge.

Neither me nor my friends are on halluncinogens when we make this drive.

To other readers: go be the judge yourselves. Go from any points south of 3rd street in SOMA to the Bay Bridge in the 3:30 to 7pm period. On any given day, it could be one hour. More likely it's 30+ minutes, quite often its 45 minutes +

Or, I'm lying to fool you all. Riiiiiiight.

To Girlinacafe - people in the Bay Area would die to be able to live in a commutable suburb like that for what it costs to buy a house there. It's actually a nice photo. You'll see, once you move here. I think you should look at Washington state and Oregon. Your money would go much further, even in Seattle.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:30 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,917,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlinacafe View Post
I like the area and wouldn't mind teaching there.
My girlfriend's mom teaches in Daly City, and used to live in the Inner Sunset (before moving, for family reasons, to San Bruno). It wouldn't hurt to consider some schools in cities close to SF, as well, just to keep your options open.

Quote:

I'd be leaving this:
Looks like a lovely area - sure you want to leave? haha

Although it reminds me, somewhat, of some of the small suburban downtowns we have in the region. If you like that kind of feel, you can get that outside of SF (sometimes for a better a much price). Something to consider...

Old 07-07-2016, 06:33 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,490,341 times
Quote:

I'd be leaving this:
That looks so nice. I miss the east coast.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:26 PM

4,369 posts, read 3,726,103 times
Quote:
ParmaBear, we were offered to move to Ehrhardt SC near my husbands parents. House too. No thank you.

My bother offered me land to build a house in Jackson Ga. No thanks

My mother was born and raised in Atlanta.

I really, really detest the south, it is to repressive and racist. Hot, humid, traffic, your life is built around the traffic pattern of Atlanta.

Little Five Points is a gem, and no, no and no.

Nashville is no better. Tennessee, forget it. No South No way!

Oh wait, did you mean Southern California?
You'll come to realize you're paying a premium for things you can't take advantage of(because everything is so expensive and you'll work 50-60 hours every week to make ends meet unable to care for your kids or give them a better life)in the bay area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland