Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2016, 09:37 AM

6,825 posts, read 9,077,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Roach View Post
I never thought it would happen but the only red state represented at my family's Thanksgiving dinner was Michigan. Four out of five of my family voted for DT...and we are proud of it. The one HRC voter is the highest earner by far, but her 200k per year is highly reliant on billing Medicare..so I guess she is one of the so called more educated Clinton voters..who of course wouldn't bite the hand that sent her kids to private schools. The people that started out as dirt poor depression kids and became millionaires by simple work and passive investing...hated Hillary more than BO. Trump wants to help all Americans;

Clinton was interested in a Chicago thug style political machine. I think Bill's days in Chapiwua may be numbered.
What kind of political machine did President Trump have?

Old 12-04-2016, 10:37 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,759,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Let's review what we do know:

- The Russian government had an army of online goons whose job is to help get Donald Trump elected.

- The Russians hacked into the DNC and State Dept systems to obtain private messages between Hillary staffs.

- The Russians lodged a complaint with the UN over harsh language directed at Trump by a UN official. It was extremely unusual for Russia to standup for a non-Russian.

- Several of Trump's key advisors have close ties with Russia.

Was the Russian government directly inteferring with our election to get Trump elected? Hell yes!!!

Do we have a direct link from Trump to Russia's hack? No yet, but it is coming.

Do you believe them?

What I find more interesting is who will be running this country. Will orders be given from the White House or the Kremlin?

But oh yeah, Hillary getting debate questions in advance are very important too.

I still keep in touch with many of my co-workers in Europe...

It has been most interesting hearing what they have to say...

One that took me by surprise is the active Fund Raising for Hillary in Austria... even the priests were speaking from the Lectern about the Dangers for the world should Trump become elected... I find this incredible...

After thinking about it I remembered much of the same speech came about when Reagan was president and who could forget Austria's favorite son Schwarzenegger until he wasn't... his sin as Governor of California was failing to commute sentences on California Death Row...

Arnold was informed the large Sports Stadium that bears his name in his hometown might have a name change unless he changed his stance on the Death Penalty... Arnold made it easy for them... he Demanded his name be removed... boy was that fuel for talk for years.

Old 12-04-2016, 02:15 PM

3,109 posts, read 2,982,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
What kind of political machine did President Trump have?
Hard to have much of a political machine, when you have never before run for pub!ic office.

Old 12-05-2016, 10:56 AM

6,089 posts, read 5,005,227 times
Trump is about as outsider as they come. The big hint should have been both political parties opposing him as well the entirety of the mainstream media.

Old 12-05-2016, 11:18 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,926,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Trump is about as outsider as they come. The big hint should have been both political parties opposing him as well the entirety of the mainstream media.
Debatable - but he certainly has surrounded himself with insiders (both politically and economically).

"Draining the swamp" - what a freaking load of malarkey. I can't believe people actually bought that lie.

Old 12-05-2016, 12:52 PM

Nothing the President Elect does will be without controversy... this is a given.

It is also fact that no one took him seriously and both political parties wanted nothing to do with him...

Only a few weeks before the election media stories urging Trump to drop out were all over... saying he had his 15 minutes in the spotlight but it was time to call it a day.

There still are Americans that love a outsider... the one that has little to no chance but willing to make the good fight.

Old 12-05-2016, 12:53 PM

6,089 posts, read 5,005,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Debatable - but he certainly has surrounded himself with insiders (both politically and economically).

"Draining the swamp" - what a freaking load of malarkey. I can't believe people actually bought that lie.
I'm not going to pass judgement on the guy before he's even in office.

We'll see in the next 4 years. People like you and the MSM media have been trying to point out all the wrong things he's done and will do before he's even been inaugurated. It's because you hope he will fail because your FBI investigated hero Hillary didn't win the election. I understand, but it's childish and immature.

If he succeeds, I predict guys like you and the MSM media will have to eat crow all over again just like when Huffington Post said Hillary had a 98% chance of winning the presidency (LOL), and I'm fine with that honestly.

Old 12-05-2016, 02:35 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,077,879 times
Quote:

We'll see in the next 4 years. People like you and the MSM media have been trying to point out all the wrong things he's done and will do before he's even been inaugurated. It's because you hope he will fail because your FBI investigated hero Hillary didn't win the election. I understand, but it's childish and immature.

If he succeeds, I predict guys like you and the MSM media will have to eat crow all over again just like when Huffington Post said Hillary had a 98% chance of winning the presidency (LOL), and I'm fine with that honestly.
Is it childish and immature to hope that President Trump takes care of his numerous conflicts of interest? I wish him well but I hope that there is not even the appearance of a conflict of interest.

Old 12-05-2016, 02:56 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,926,121 times
Quote:

As someone who loves this country, the last thing I want to see happen is for Trump to fail. He is now our president...why would I want that??? You seriously think this is about "sour grapes"? Talk about being childish...

I'm sorry if I'm being critical of the guy, but he has to learn to deal with criticism if he's going to be holding the most powerful office in the world...and I'm not even being that critical - I'm just holding him to his word. Is that really that much to ask for?

"Let's drain the swamp" doesn't mean appoint the people that he has appointed...I thought he was trying to get Wall Street cronies out of Washington? He just invited them in the front door...And when he's appointing people that think climate change is "bunk science", that doesn't instill much confidence in his cabinet picks to me. That's a larger reflection on ones views of Science, and sends a terrible message to our youth on how we should be dealing with scientific data and the realities that stem from its results.

The fact of the matter, the guy is basically a serial liar - saying one thing to get votes, and turning around and doing something else. And I see nothing wrong with pointing that out. In fact, my hope is that by continually pointing it out, it'll get enough people to take notice...and maybe...just maybe, they'll react in a way that forces his hand.

I genuinely hope for the best for him since he will be running the country soon - but I'm just not very optimistic. Sorry - I wish I could be.

p.s. why do you keep mentioning Hillary Clinton (lol my hero??? Where do you get this from?). You need to get over it, man - let's talk about Trump. It's time to move on from the insanity that is the conspiracy theory alt-right and come back to reality. It's OK - we won't bite here in the real world.

Old 12-05-2016, 03:05 PM

Is there anything he could do that wouldn't offend some group?

I was surprised that he was attacked for talking to Romney...

Then he is attacked for talking to Taiwan...

Trump may have a big enough personality with thick skin that he goes his own way no matter what.

I doubt there is a single voter who did not know of Trumps Vast Empire as is often called.

Complaints and outrage can have the opposite effect on a man like Trump by empowering him and those that have his support.

For validation... only one need look at the network coverage on election night...

I'm still waiting for the throngs that pledge to leave if he was elected... what a dumb thing to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland