Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2016, 11:44 AM

3,098 posts, read 3,786,704 times

Advertisements

The Clinton campaign hired people to wear provocative shirts and carry provocative signs to incite the trump "crazies" not to engage in violence. This is not illegal. In fact the operation is dependent on the violent proclivities of trump supporters

Some trump supporters believe in the same ideology of racial superiority and hostility towards religious and racial minorities that Roof did.It's not that he had a confederate flag.it is his using violence to advance his ideology that is a problem and the denial of trump supporters that this man is a terrorist advancing an agenda supported by some trump supporters

Old 12-01-2016, 12:00 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,687,353 times
Kind of like the car that had Make America Great getting windows busted... the news media covered it and the reporter basically said what was the owning thinking have a Trump sticker in the SF Bay Area.

This is when it really hit home... not everyone is willing to live and let live or committed to speach freedom.

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 12-01-2016 at 12:18 PM..

Old 12-01-2016, 12:12 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,914,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Kind of like the car that had Make America Great getting windows busted... the news media covered it and the reporter basically said what was the owning thinking have a Trump sticker in the SF Bay Area.

This is when it really hit home... one side is willing to live and let live but it is only one sided.
Just as I ask you not to let the various (many) examples of ridiculousness by some Trump supporters to represent all that fall on that side of the political spectrum, I ask you to not also lump all people on "the other side" into the same group.

It's OK to believe what you believe and also condemn the behavior of similarly-minded people. I do it all of the time - and people using violence/destruction of property as a vehicle for their "protest" do not get my approval or support.

Let's put this to bed - it's going to go back and forth. For every "liberal protester" out there, I can find an example of some crazy person doing something stupid in the name of Trump.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:21 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,687,353 times
^^^ I do believe it is highly dependent on dominant view of the area...

Still found it odd a reported would come across as what did car owner expect.

I expect a person's private property in America would not be subject to destruction based on one's political view... could be why I have never been a member of any party.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
^^^ I do believe it is highly dependent on dominant view of the area...

Still found it odd a reported would come across as what did car owner expect.

I expect a person's private property in America would not be subject to destruction based on one's political view... could be why I have never been a member of any party.
I'm with you there.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:59 PM

882 posts, read 689,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I do think that most people who identify as "liberals" aren't tolerant of intolerant views
This pretty much sums it up and it's complete horse crap! To translate...Liberals aren't tolerant of anyone that doesn't have the same views as them and use cute descriptors like this to try and mask that (they simply call the opposing viewpoint "intolerant"). People that are extreme in both parties do it. And the SF Bay Area is about as extreme as you will find. And if you don't believe me, then do this little experiment for me.

Park you car in a high traffic area of the city with a Trump 2016 bumper sticker and leave it for two days. I am 100% certain that when you come back, you find one or a multiple of the following have been done to your car:

1) Tires slashed

2) Windows broken

3) Car body keyed

4) Graffiti all over your car.

And if you want to take it one step further, go take BART during rush hour with a "Make America Great" hat on and hang out for a couple of hours.

Then get back to me (if you still have fingers left).

A person would have to be very naive to believe that the SF Bay Area to a large extent is tolerant of any type of non-Liberal viewpoint. Let's at least be honest here. And as stated, if you went someplace to the extreme right, the same would happen (i.e. someone going to Alabama and putting a Clinton 2016 bumper sticker on their car).

Old 12-01-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking View Post
This pretty much sums it up and it's complete horse crap! To translate...Liberals aren't tolerant of anyone that doesn't have the same views as them and use cute descriptors like this to try and mask that (they simply call the opposing viewpoint "intolerant"). People that are extreme in both parties do it. And the SF Bay Area is about as extreme as you will find. And if you don't believe me, then do this little experiment for me.

Park you car in a high traffic area of the city with a Trump 2016 bumper sticker and leave it for two days. I am 100% certain that when you come back, you find one or a multiple of the following have been done to your car:

1) Tires slashed

2) Windows broken

3) Car body keyed

4) Graffiti all over your car.

And if you want to take it one step further, go take BART during rush hour with a "Make America Great" hat on and hang out for a couple of hours.

Then get back to me (if you still have fingers left).

A person would have to be very naive to believe that the SF Bay Area to a large extent is tolerant of any type of non-Liberal viewpoint. Let's at least be honest here. And as stated, if you went someplace to the extreme right, the same would happen (i.e. someone going to Alabama and putting a Clinton 2016 bumper sticker on their car).
Did you even read my post. Wow.

You're damning an entire area of people, claiming they would do these things.

The problem is there are fringe elements, just as there are fringe people on the right (and who are making headlines now with their stupidity and sometimes racism) who act out in ways that don't reflect the values of the entirety of the population.

I don't support anything you just wrote. I don't know anyone that would do those things. Please stop speaking for everyone.

You want to be a Trump supporter? I couldn't care less. Go be it.

I'm not tolerant of people trying to impose their views by changing the laws to reflect those views - so I'll always be against that (and if it came to it, yes, I'd protest/write letters to politicians/do other non-violent things to make sure that my voice is heard).

There is a distinction here, though - as long as you're off doing your thing on your own without affecting other people, I'm fine with whatever you want to do. And yes, I think the vast majority of people in the Bay Area feel this way.

Old 12-01-2016, 03:41 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,063,301 times
I tried to google and find a story about car damage. But I couldn't. I also agree, you are free to do whatever, but if you hurt someone or discriminate, that's where I draw the line. You shouldn't be able to treat people as second class if they are different than you.

Old 12-01-2016, 03:59 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
I tried to google and find a story about car damage. But I couldn't. I also agree, you are free to do whatever, but if you hurt someone or discriminate, that's where I draw the line. You shouldn't be able to treat people as second class if they are different than you.
And this advice needs to be told to extreme people on BOTH sides.

Old 12-01-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
And this advice needs to be told to extreme people on BOTH sides.
And that's exactly what we're saying...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland