Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2016, 02:23 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking View Post
Oh gee, excuse me. Members of government office take a secrecy oath. Better
You corrected one lie. Ok, good.

Now, WTF is this "secrecy oath" you are talking about that concerns not using private email server??!!

Here is a video of Hillary taking the oath for the Secretary of States, tell me which part deals with what you are talking about....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVxLzs4YQPY

Quote:
And you selectively read what I wrote on the first comment. 2000 emails. Multiple high ranking officials involved. One fired. That's called a pass
This is patently untrue. Several people resigned due to the scandal and many more will be let go as the DNC clean house.

Quote:

DNC CEO resigns in wake of email controversy - CNNPolitics.com

Amy Dacey is the highest-ranking official at the DNC to step aside due to the matter, a senior Democratic official said. The DNC also announced the departure of CFO Brad Marshall and and Communications Director Luis Miranda in a press release Tuesday afternoon.
Nice try. Nice lie. No cookie.

Quote:
The final one was the foundation. See the links.

That's 3. Learn to count.
The links you provided said Hillary met with the donors. NOWHERE does it say she granted them favors. None. Nada.

The difference here is like going on a date and going all the way! You don't know the difference do you?

Last edited by beb0p; 11-22-2016 at 02:33 AM..

Old 11-22-2016, 12:04 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
"LOCK HER UP" Trump Aide Implies No Further Investigation Of Hillary Clinton : The Two-Way : NPR

Oh wait...no, she's cool. Yet another "walk back" by the great con man we've just elected.

Not that I give a crap because I didn't vote for him (I would have voted for an actual monkey over him) and always thought this ridiculous "promise" was...ridiculous.

Wonder what's next? Hope you guys who voted for him get used to promise after promise being broken. You people actually thought he was any different than any other member of the "elite"? You actually thought he was gonna deliver on all of the malarkey that came out of his mouth over the last 18 months? Get freaking real.

Enjoy your "celebration" - Gonna be a fun 4 years.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:21 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,059,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
"LOCK HER UP" Trump Aide Implies No Further Investigation Of Hillary Clinton : The Two-Way : NPR

Oh wait...no, she's cool. Yet another "walk back" by the great con man we've just elected.

Not that I give a crap because I didn't vote for him (I would have voted for an actual monkey over him) and always thought this ridiculous "promise" was...ridiculous.

Wonder what's next? Hope you guys who voted for him get used to promise after promise being broken. You people actually thought he was any different than any other member of the "elite"? You actually thought he was gonna deliver on all of the malarkey that came out of his mouth over the last 18 months? Get freaking real.

Enjoy your "celebration" - Gonna be a fun 4 years.
I'm a liberal and I'm happy if he lets this go. She made a mistake and I don't think she should be prosecuted for it. (I hope she learned a lesson though.) Don't tell me that everyone did it. It doesn't make it right. We should clap if President Trump does something reasonable. And we should hold him to account if he does something unreasonable.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
I'm a liberal and I'm happy if he lets this go. She made a mistake and I don't think she should be prosecuted for it. (I hope she learned a lesson though.) Don't tell me that everyone did it. It doesn't make it right. We should clap if President Trump does something reasonable. And we should hold him to account if he does something unreasonable.
I'm glad he's walking back on promises - it means we probably won't get many of the extreme laws/roll backs that he ran with during his campaign.

But you're missing my point. He said a lot of things to get elected - many of them were some combination of false, were things he didn't believe (fully), or were things he never even intended on following through with in the end - people believed this bullcrap, and elected him for it.

I hope people now begin to see that many of the things he said won't come to pass. Which, will be ultimately good for the country - but maybe these people who voted for him will at least realize that they were conned.

Put another way - campaign promises are often broken - but this election has been rather unprecedented in its insane (and often flat out false/wrong/made up) rhetoric. Hopefully people don't fall into the same traps in 4 years during Trump's re-run, or in the future if there's ever another "Trump". This can be a teachable moment.

Last edited by HockeyMac18; 11-22-2016 at 12:40 PM..

Old 11-22-2016, 01:24 PM

882 posts, read 688,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
You corrected one lie. Ok, good.

Now, WTF is this "secrecy oath" you are talking about that concerns not using private email server??!!

Here is a video of Hillary taking the oath for the Secretary of States, tell me which part deals with what you are talking about....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVxLzs4YQPY
Oh major yawn....

The corrupt Hillary Clinton did indeed sign an oath acknowledging that she had an obligation to recognize and protect state secrets on the basis of the sensitive nature of the information contained in them — whether they bore classified warnings or markings or not.

Are you also not familiar with the records act?!
(a) Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

(b) Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States. As used in this subsection, the term “office” does not include the office held by any person as a retired officer of the Armed Forces of the United States.

Seriously this is like a layup in basketball (why do you waste my time with your ridiculous retorts?). As the other poster that worked for a technology company implied, this is pretty commonplace. I also had to sign such an oath when I started working for my company How someone couldn't know that most companies (not just the government) have such agreements is beyond me. But oh snap, I just tell so many lies, lol

Quote:
This is patently untrue. Several people resigned due to the scandal and many more will be let go as the DNC clean house.

Nice try. Nice lie. No cookie.
Uh no, it's not patently untrue. And don't give me the nonsense that several more will be let go when they clean house, ROTFLMAO!!! When they clean house?! WTF are they waiting for? The house should have been cleaned the next day when every one of those emails were traced back to each specific person involved...period! Duh! But I'm sure Julian Assange is having a good laugh at how he helped to take Ms. Clinton down, even if Sanders is such a puss that he just took it and sold his supporters out. Albeit he was effective at painting her as the candidate of Wall Street and Big Banks, so he should also take some credit for her destruction (good job Bernie).

Quote:
The links you provided said Hillary met with the donors. NOWHERE does it say she granted them favors. None. Nada.

The difference here is like going on a date and going all the way! You don't know the difference do you?

Getting special accessibility to the Secretary of State through the use of donations is indeed a favor. And one would have to be pretty naive to assume those meetings involved a tea time with Ms. Clinton and nothing more. But do continue to keep blinders on.

Of course, the bottom line on all of this is the majority of the population of the battleground states understand these violations and voted accordingly. I'm still amazed the Democrats would run the corrupt Ms. Clinton as their candidate (the one person that is more hated than Trump outside of the bubble known as the Bay Area). So Ms. Clinton will be put out to pasture, never to take public office again and Donald Trump is the President. So sad, too bad. This is what happens when you lie. And although her Democratic base is fine in giving her a pass, those voters were not. Good for them.

Please continue to highlight all my "lies". Admittedly, I think Playdoh, therapy dogs, and a counselor would be a better way to go. This can't be very therapeutic.

Old 11-22-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Oh major yawn....

The corrupt Hillary Clinton did indeed sign an oath acknowledging that she had an obligation to recognize and protect state secrets on the basis of the sensitive nature of the information contained in them — whether they bore classified warnings or markings or not.

Are you also not familiar with the records act?!
(a) Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

(b) Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States. As used in this subsection, the term “office” does not include the office held by any person as a retired officer of the Armed Forces of the United States.

Seriously this is like a layup in basketball (why do you waste my time with your ridiculous retorts?). As the other poster that worked for a technology company implied, this is pretty commonplace. I also had to sign such an oath when I started working for my company How someone couldn't know that most companies (not just the government) have such agreements is beyond me. But oh snap, I just tell so many lies, lol

Uh no, it's not patently untrue. And don't give me the nonsense that several more will be let go when they clean house, ROTFLMAO!!! When they clean house?! WTF are they waiting for? The house should have been cleaned the next day when every one of those emails were traced back to each specific person involved...period! Duh! But I'm sure Julian Assange is having a good laugh at how he helped to take Ms. Clinton down, even if Sanders is such a puss that he just took it and sold his supporters out. Albeit he was effective at painting her as the candidate of Wall Street and Big Banks, so he should also take some credit for her destruction (good job Bernie).

Getting special accessibility to the Secretary of State through the use of donations is indeed a favor. And one would have to be pretty naive to assume those meetings involved a tea time with Ms. Clinton and nothing more. But do continue to keep blinders on.

Of course, the bottom line on all of this is the majority of the population of the battleground states understand these violations and voted accordingly. I'm still amazed the Democrats would run the corrupt Ms. Clinton as their candidate (the one person that is more hated than Trump outside of the bubble known as the Bay Area). So Ms. Clinton will be put out to pasture, never to take public office again and Donald Trump is the President. So sad, too bad. This is what happens when you lie. And although her Democratic base is fine in giving her a pass, those voters were not. Good for them.

Please continue to highlight all my "lies". Admittedly, I think Playdoh, therapy dogs, and a counselor would be a better way to go. This can't be very therapeutic.
I mean, I'm certainly glad we didn't elect that criminal Hillary. We got the great and respecatbale Donald, instead. And he'd never use his foundation money in unethical ways - oh wait...

Trump Foundation's Tax Returns Reportedly Acknowledge Violating IRS Rule : The Two-Way : NPR

Quote:
In one case, the Post said Trump settled a dispute with Florida's Palm Beach County over the size of a flagpole at his Mar-a-Lago club by agreeing to make a donation to a veterans' charity. Trump made the donation using funds from the foundation, the newspaper reported.

In another case, Trump is said to have used funds from the foundation to settle a dispute with a man who made a hole-in-one at Trump's golf course in Westchester County, N.Y.

Trump also reportedly used foundation funds to pay for items that he and his wife, Melania, bought at charity auctions, including a 6-foot-tall painting of Trump himself.
(WTF? Who the hell buys a 6 foot painting of them self and gives it away at an auction???)

I'm glad we're still freaking talking about a lady who didn't win** - and aren't actually talking about the freaking person we did elect. You know, the one that's gonna be running the country soon?

But, please...let's keep talking about stupid ass e-mails from years ago.

** and, I mean, if she's such a criminal, why is our great and powerful new commander in chief backing away from pursuing yet another investigation? Or saying things like "I don't want to hurt them ... they're good people" - hope you didn't count on him "locking her up".

Last edited by HockeyMac18; 11-22-2016 at 01:51 PM..

Old 11-22-2016, 01:54 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,059,808 times
Quote:
I'm glad he's walking back on promises - it means we probably won't get many of the extreme laws/roll backs that he ran with during his campaign.

But you're missing my point. He said a lot of things to get elected - many of them were some combination of false, were things he didn't believe (fully), or were things he never even intended on following through with in the end - people believed this bullcrap, and elected him for it.

I hope people now begin to see that many of the things he said won't come to pass. Which, will be ultimately good for the country - but maybe these people who voted for him will at least realize that they were conned.

Put another way - campaign promises are often broken - but this election has been rather unprecedented in its insane (and often flat out false/wrong/made up) rhetoric. Hopefully people don't fall into the same traps in 4 years during Trump's re-run, or in the future if there's ever another "Trump". This can be a teachable moment.
People on both the left and right lie when it suits them. Plus there are a lot of promises made that don't always turn into reality. I'm not sure if I would call that stupidity or carelessness.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:03 PM

882 posts, read 688,747 times
Quote:
I mean, I'm certainly glad we didn't elect that criminal Hillary. We got the great and respecatbale Donald, instead. And he'd never use his foundation money in unethical ways - oh wait...

Trump Foundation's Tax Returns Reportedly Acknowledge Violating IRS Rule : The Two-Way : NPR

(WTF? Who the hell buys a 6 foot painting of them self and gives it away at an auction???)

I'm glad we're still freaking talking about a lady who didn't win** - and aren't actually talking about the freaking person we did elect. You know, the one that's gonna be running the country soon?

But, please...let's keep talking about stupid ass e-mails from years ago.

** and, I mean, if she's such a criminal, why is our great and powerful new commander in chief backing away from pursuing yet another investigation? Or saying things like "I don't want to hurt them ... they're good people" - hope you didn't count on him "locking her up".
Another yawner. But an oh so typical response. I couldn't help but laugh all throughout the election process talking to Liberals and watching them go into attack mode on Trump. When I told them I hadn't made my mind up because I was independent and asked them why I should vote for her, they just went into Trump this and that. Then I'd stop them and say I didn't ask about Trump, I asked why I should vote for her given her propensity to lie. Once they were disarmed from just hurling insults about Trump, it was apparent that they had nothing. Sorry the "she's not Trump" strategy didn't work very well, did it now? No one cared because Trump never professed to be a Boy Scout. At some point, you have to give people a reason to vote for your candidate and the Liberals really didn't have much to validate that. Not to mention, her and her handlers were too stupid to understand proper campaign strategy. Obama mopped the floor with her in 2008 and Trump did the same. It's so nice to know she will never be in politics again. What an absolute (insert profanity here) she is.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Another yawner. But an oh so typical response. I couldn't help but laugh all throughout the election process talking to Liberals and watching them go into attack mode on Trump. When I told them I hadn't made my mind up because I was independent and asked them why I should vote for her, they just went into Trump this and that. Then I'd stop them and say I didn't ask about Trump, I asked why I should vote for her given her propensity to lie. Once they were disarmed from just hurling insults about Trump, it was apparent that they had nothing. Sorry the "she's not Trump" strategy didn't work very well, did it now? At some point, you have to give people a reason to vote for your candidate and the Liberals really didn't have much to validate that. Not to mention, her and her handlers were too stupid to understand proper campaign strategy. Obama mopped the floor with her in 2008 and Trump did the same. It's so nice to know she will never be in politics again. What an absolute (insert profanity here) she is.
Your assumption is that I voted for Hillary? You would be wrong. I'm an Independent, too (and proud of it). But I certainly saw through the crap that Donald Trump was using in his campaign. So many vague and unrealistic "promises".

How convenient you, again, turn the tables to not talk about the con artist that will be running the country. Instead you want to talk about a lady whose political career is over. Why do you still care? Let's talk about what matters - as in Donald Trump.

Last edited by HockeyMac18; 11-22-2016 at 03:09 PM..

Old 11-22-2016, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
People on both the left and right lie when it suits them. Plus there are a lot of promises made that don't always turn into reality. I'm not sure if I would call that stupidity or carelessness.
I'd call Donald Trump's lies/manipulations greater than any other past campaign lies/promises that were put forth in any past election cycle. This campaign season was unprecedented - unlike anything we've ever seen.

He fueled the fires of fear and hate, tapping into people's most primal instincts to turn us on one another and divide us more (and called out the culprits pretty clearly in his campaign). The worst part is that he exploited people that do legitimately need help - the middle class, especially in the heart of the country. These people have been left behind - that is a fact. I know many people back in Ohio where I grew up that were manipulated by his "promises" (that's he's slowly walking back on one by one...and he's not even in office yet! Wow!). They actually think he's going to somehow bring those factory jobs back...he can't (They don't exist anymore...a robot does the majority of the work...and of the ones that do exist, they pay too little for an American worker to do).

But the way he got there, and the messages he used to rile up his base, was terrible - in fact, I'd call it embarrassing. America is better than the horrible rhetoric we saw in 2016. And I don't think we've ever seen anything that brutal...to say it's just "another day in politics" is to be quite disingenuous.

Two wrongs do not make a right. I wish people would stop using that terrible defense. Especially now that we've elected one person - can we freaking move on from talking about Hillary Clinton now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland