Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2018, 10:18 AM

5,586 posts, read 5,022,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yes. All the more reason to support the increased clean up campaign, no?
No all the more reason to round them stinkers up and dump them on out in the ocean near the farrolone islands.. Get rid of the source of the poop not just the poop because they will just keep doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 10:25 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
No all the more reason to round them stinkers up and dump them on out in the ocean near the farrolone islands.. Get rid of the source of the poop not just the poop because they will just keep doing it.
Ok ... now then: could you share with the readers what laws would allow you to do as you suggest, without being charged and convicted of murder?

Thanks

Old 08-21-2018, 11:09 AM

5,586 posts, read 5,022,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulemutt View Post
ok ... Now then: Could you share with the readers what laws would allow you to do as you suggest, without being charged and convicted of murder?

Thanks
:d

Old 08-21-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
:d
In other words you just enjoy ridiculing others and situations without having any concrete ideas to share toward problem-solving, eh?

Old 08-23-2018, 05:03 PM

400 posts, read 449,823 times
Something needs to happen. I was walking down Mission from 7th to 3rd today and boy is that place a **** show (literally and figuratively).

The worst however was walking to work this morning. I was walking down 7th between Market & Mission. Out of nowhere, for no reason, a woman runs up and punches me in the arm. I've never seen her before. She yells something incomprehensible and takes off running.

Luckily she was strung out and only about 90 lbs so the punch didn't hurt. I looked up at another guy and we both had the expression of "wtf just happened?".

The point is that this is just another example of how out of control the situation is. It needs to be stopped and stopped now. I would highly be in favor of an extremely harsh police crack down on ALL offenses, not just serious ones. Let's take a page from NYC and stop pretending that small crimes don't lead to larger ones. That it's ok to defecate on the side walk. To allow trash, needles, human waste, and open drug use to be tolerated.

In 1851 a vigilante posse formed to combat the lawlessness that plagued San Francisco after the Gold Rush. I say that history needs to repeat itself.

Old 08-23-2018, 05:32 PM

830 posts, read 487,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion3510 View Post
The worst however was walking to work this morning. I was walking down 7th between Market & Mission. Out of nowhere, for no reason, a woman runs up and punches me in the arm. I've never seen her before. She yells something incomprehensible and takes off running.

Luckily she was strung out and only about 90 lbs so the punch didn't hurt. I looked up at another guy and we both had the expression of "wtf just happened?"
Sorry about that, but you were totally hogging the sidewalk!

But seriously, I agree with a lot of the rest of your post. The problem is that it seems the SF political class and voting bloc is more concerned with making everything OK for the scofflaws, nare-do-wells, and addicts than for the hard working tax payers trying to make their way.

Example: I recently had my car broken into twice in two weeks in the same spot near my gym. I discovered online the epic proportion of car break-ins in San Francisco and even found a "heat map" showing areas of higher activity. The spot I parked in was a hotspot. So now I park elsewhere, but have a habit of walking past that area when I visit the gym. There are often broken into cars and always broken glass from recent break-ins. So the question becomes "if car break-ins happen so regularly and they're so concentrated in this particular area, why has nothing been done?". It would be pretty easy to catch one of the active crews and make an example of them to show that we do not tolerate car break-ins in San Francisco. Instead, we have the opposite, and I am pretty sure that word has gotten around.

Old 08-23-2018, 05:46 PM

872 posts, read 596,357 times
Yep! And with the new laws recently passed there is basically repercussion free crime and a crime entitlement!
Both of your stories are pretty awful when you add it all up.
The criminals have long rap sheets and nobody wants them under their roof so where will they go?
More and more people are demanding supervised housing- there is obviously an endless supply of tax dollar$$$ the bullet train or get the criminals and mentally ill back into the facilities?

Old 08-23-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
Yep! And with the new laws recently passed there is basically repercussion free crime and a crime entitlement!
Both of your stories are pretty awful when you add it all up.
The criminals have long rap sheets and nobody wants them under their roof so where will they go?
More and more people are demanding supervised housing- there is obviously an endless supply of tax dollar$$$ the bullet train or get the criminals and mentally ill back into the facilities?
Wait a minute, TC! You believe these two stories in the previous posts? What’s up with that? You call me a liar everytime I post an anecdotal mention in posts. But here you are taking other strangers’ anonymous words for truth! Oh my, I am so hurt Not sure if I’ll ever feel the sunshine in my soul again .... How can you be so cruel?

Old 08-23-2018, 08:42 PM

629 posts, read 620,108 times
Quote:
Wait a minute, TC! You believe these two stories in the previous posts? What’s up with that? You call me a liar everytime I post an anecdotal mention in posts.
You do the same thing. Stories/experiences only count (and are only true) when they agree with your opinion.

Suck it up buttercup.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:51 PM

639 posts, read 1,072,581 times
Quote:
Wait a minute, TC! You believe these two stories in the previous posts? What’s up with that? You call me a liar everytime I post an anecdotal mention in posts. But here you are taking other strangers’ anonymous words for truth! Oh my, I am so hurt Not sure if I’ll ever feel the sunshine in my soul again .... How can you be so cruel?
This thread is *still* going on? I would have thought homelessness would have been solved by now. And yeah, you sneered at my anecdotal evidence before. But surveys of the homeless, they're pure fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland