Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2018, 12:48 PM

35,083 posts, read 17,043,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Well the liberals would say that we should take compassion on them and purchase and maintain for them at least middle-class housing.
Maybe you could give us readers a source on that?
I didn't say anyone but me said it. It's the logical outgrowth of their position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2018, 12:56 PM

639 posts, read 1,072,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
No sh-t, the people cleaning up the poop aren't the homeless. Never said that. So why not ask a few homeless if they'd want to get off the streets and make $40k. Again, it's just more wasteful spending, that with OT, the pay will top 6 figures, which if you read what I actually wrote in my post was that even at $71K it's more than teachers in SF, and that's a crime. But hey, if you think it's worth it to waste money, which you know will be the case, then good for you.

Yeah lmfao, right it's more than a bus stop. What else is there other than buses? A nice walkway on the rooftop with trees, maybe will get some tenants eventually to help pay the annual costs? Again, SF screwed it up, couldn't even get the incoming lane dedicated to buses right as you exit the freeway. Ok, again great job SF. So where are the apparent lies I have spewed?

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...s-13149810.php

https://slate.com/business/2018/08/s...ew-normal.html

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...e-13142498.php
Supposedly the Transbay Terminal will eventually be a major train station and will have tenants and so on. They want it to be like Penn Station in NYC. If it just stays as it is, of course it's a waste of money. But that really doesn't relate to the homeless problem, other than being an example of money possibly spent badly with good intentions.

Seriously getting a few homeless people to replace the poop-cleaners now for lower wages wouldn't make much of a dent in the overall homeless problem, or the city's budget problems. They probably wanted professionals to do it right, rather than hire some street people who might not be able to be good workers. If you're thinking the city could hire lots of homeless people in an attempt to save money and get them off the street, that ain't gonna work. In the state they're in, they can't really do most jobs.

Old 08-28-2018, 01:29 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I didn't say anyone but me said it. It's the logical outgrowth of their position.
I’m not a registered democrat (or republican). Never voted a straight ideological ticket in my 50 years of voting ... I think ALL ideologies are excuses for lazy intellects. Now, I say that to preface my disagreement with your statement above in bold. You can explain?

Old 08-28-2018, 01:39 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
I see you're a real Izzy Mandelbaum. Is it "go time, Tule?" Now, look in the mirror and repeat "Tulemutt, Tulemutt, Tulemutt." Great for you and thanks for your daily routine as I'm sure it's much more exciting than mine. I can only hope I am Izzy in 18 years so I can be up to your standards.

So again, why don't they try with a few homeless to see if they would actually take a job rather than be on the street? And the so called LT solutions that SF and many other cities have employed have worked so well up until now? Ok, makes sense.
Lol. I never heard of Izzy Mandelbaum, so I looked him up. No wonder I never heard of him: I’ve never watched Seinfeld ... in fact, I don’t watch any tv ... ever. Don’t have one of those mind-rotting boxes. Internet is bad enough . Anyway, you enjoy your tv. Only time I sit still is when I take a break to read and respond to these stupid forum posts. I am in near constant motion ... a bit of a nasty affliction I seem to have inherited from my dear mother who never rested till she dropped over at 99. ... though a bong hit’s been known to help chill for enjoying a nice sunset

As I said, might be a nice gesture to try to employ some homeless ... for all knds of projects. I’m all for it. My prediction is: it will cost more than it saves. Both Genghis and I mentioned some realities about that.

Kinda funny if you think no one’s thougt of your brilliant little concept - and shot it down ...

Old 08-28-2018, 02:00 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion3510 View Post
Something needs to happen. I was walking down Mission from 7th to 3rd today and boy is that place a **** show (literally and figuratively).

The worst however was walking to work this morning. I was walking down 7th between Market & Mission. Out of nowhere, for no reason, a woman runs up and punches me in the arm. I've never seen her before. She yells something incomprehensible and takes off running...
was it; "you're it!"?

Old 08-28-2018, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
was it; "you're it!"?
Hi, Ghengis, I'm Genghis. Nice to meet you.

Old 08-28-2018, 02:44 PM

1,156 posts, read 987,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Lol. I never heard of Izzy Mandelbaum, so I looked him up. No wonder I never heard of him: I’ve never watched Seinfeld ... in fact, I don’t watch any tv ... ever. Don’t have one of those mind-rotting boxes. Internet is bad enough . Anyway, you enjoy your tv. Only time I sit still is when I take a break to read and respond to these stupid forum posts. I am in near constant motion ... a bit of a nasty affliction I seem to have inherited from my dear mother who never rested till she dropped over at 99. ... though a bong hit’s been known to help chill for enjoying a nice sunset

As I said, might be a nice gesture to try to employ some homeless ... for all knds of projects. I’m all for it. My prediction is: it will cost more than it saves. Both Genghis and I mentioned some realities about that.

Kinda funny if you think no one’s thougt of your brilliant little concept - and shot it down ...
Like I said you're a regular Izzy Mandelbaum. You seem just like him. Yeah, you're right I've wasted my 50+ years watching a mind-rotting box rather than spending my time posting almost 10,000 times in 5 years on CD like you. That's great, I hope I'm still as active as I am now in 18 years, good for you!

So answer one question, then I'm done. This was all I was really pointing out in the initial post that you just try to spin because you got the Izzy Mandelbaum life. It appears you and Genghis believe that $71K base with possibility of OT pay exceeding 6 figures is not wasting money, yet SF pays teachers less. You think that makes sense? A simple Yes or No answer will do. I don't need to read your garbage that you spew.

It's been proven over the last, oh, I don't know 20, 30 40 years that SF has wasted a lot of money with nominal results, so this along with all their other plans have not worked so why would I believe this one will?

Now, Bart has received $6.8M in FEMA to help with security issues, that they aren't able to take care of on their own. Ok, yeah, I'm quite confident that SF will be able to clean up the poop and deal with the problem.

Ok, now I got to go to my cubicle as you say and you can go on your 6-7 mile hike with your dog, Izzy.

Old 08-28-2018, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Like I said you're a regular Izzy Mandelbaum. You seem just like him. Yeah, you're right I've wasted my 50+ years watching a mind-rotting box rather than spending my time posting almost 10,000 times in 5 years on CD like you. That's great, I hope I'm still as active as I am now in 18 years, good for you!

So answer one question, then I'm done. This was all I was really pointing out in the initial post that you just try to spin because you got the Izzy Mandelbaum life. It appears you and Genghis believe that $71K base with possibility of OT pay exceeding 6 figures is not wasting money, yet SF pays teachers less. You think that makes sense? A simple Yes or No answer will do. I don't need to read your garbage that you spew.

It's been proven over the last, oh, I don't know 20, 30 40 years that SF has wasted a lot of money with nominal results, so this along with all their other plans have not worked so why would I believe this one will?

Now, Bart has received $6.8M in FEMA to help with security issues, that they aren't able to take care of on their own. Ok, yeah, I'm quite confident that SF will be able to clean up the poop and deal with the problem.

Ok, now I got to go to my cubicle as you say and you can go on your 6-7 mile hike with your dog, Izzy.
TR95, they should pay teachers in San Francisco way more. The poop cleaning job is just nasty and deserves high pay. Imagine spending hours per day doing that.

Old 08-28-2018, 03:30 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times
What does SF do with all its tax revenue?

I recently went to DC and WHAT A CLEAN CITY! It has more homeless people per capita than SF, but most of them are sheltered, so you don't see it in your face or see the outcomes of it such as trash, needles, camps, etc.

It amazes me how much money SF takes from people, yet everything looks like crap. Is the money going to top government employee pensions instead of roads, shelters, cleaning crews, etc?

Old 08-28-2018, 03:34 PM

437 posts, read 436,474 times
The original post was Feb. of 2018.
Can't say as this isn't happening to a LOT of cities, due to the homeless disaster. Our warm weather year-round draws them like flies.

I hadn't been to downtown San Diego in quite awhile, despite living here, and when I was down there in July for Comic-Con, I was gobsmacked by how filthy things had gotten. My husband is a contractor and does a lot of remodel work down there in some of the swankiest high rises, multi-million dollar condos that have sprung up since massive gaslamp area redevelopment, and these residents come down their elevators onto streets they literally have to tiptoe around the poop piles from the homeless. The stench of pee in the hot summer sun nearly knocked me out it was so bad! Streets are lined with tents and shopping carts from the homeless, beggars everywhere.

Until homelessness is dealt with, I don't think the filth factor is going to get any better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland