Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2022, 10:22 AM

2,379 posts, read 1,814,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
What does a billionaire like Zuckerberg do there? Does anyone see him out and about or does he have to stay behind his compound walls? Maybe he has security guards with him. I certainly would for his wife and kids. It’s tragic what happened to the jewel of California

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...r-17326275.php
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2022, 10:55 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
It won’t let me open it. I saw the headline that he sold his house. Does he not live in SF anymore?

Old 07-25-2022, 12:18 PM

Quote:
It won’t let me open it. I saw the headline that he sold his house. Does he not live in SF anymore?
https://therealdeal.com/sanfrancisco...-home-for-31m/

I don't know for sure......but, my hunch is he does not. I think he still has a home in Palo Alto and he bought acreage in Hawaii ......so, perhaps he has a home there too

This is a quote from the SF Chronicle article I posted on this thread:

"Zuckerberg reportedly owns side-by-side $59 million mansions on the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe, plus some 1,500 acres on the Hawaiian island of Kauai."

Last edited by tikkasf; 07-25-2022 at 12:44 PM..

Old 07-25-2022, 12:42 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
https://therealdeal.com/sanfrancisco...-home-for-31m/

I don't know for sure......but, my hunch is he does not. I think he still has a home in Palo Alto and he bought acreage in Hawaii ......so, perhaps he has a home there too
Wow another billionaire leaving Ca. That’s going to hurt Ca taxes. And of course silence from Newsom

Old 07-25-2022, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Wow another billionaire leaving Ca. That’s going to hurt Ca taxes. And of course silence from Newsom
He still has a home in CA, in Palo Alto

I don't particularly care for this guy......a friend of mine has a derogatory nick name for him......she replaces the Z in his last name with a F

Old 07-25-2022, 04:12 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,976,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slunk View Post
Ask yourself why did SF recently recall Chesa Boudin?

There's lies and there's statistics as Mark Twain said.

Your woke authors in their ivory tower Ivy league institutions are not facing reality. Ask the shop owners or the cops in nyc and san fran what the deal is.
How many times have we read an article about the latest murder or shooting and the perp had 10+ prior arrests and convictions including for violent crimes?

I probably could dig up some stats but unfortunately there aren't really any ways to create randomizrd standardized trials out of this.
Sometimes you have to use common sense.
It's sad. People really don't care and put themselves in their academic bubbles thinking an article link to some out-of-touch author discussing the subject will matter.

Here's some data for those people: last year 1/3 of murders in the Houston area (so over 100 homicides) were committed by someone who was let out on bail after committing a violent crime. Perhaps if there were harsher penalties and tougher bail for committing violent crimes, these folks wouldn't have been let out on the streets to commit more crimes. I used Houston as an example, but this same thing is happening in California (Houston and other cities like it have been following CA's lead here).

Reading the articles posted on the last page, they're basically advocating for no prison time at all for anything. Straight quote:

Quote:
The data indicates that serving time in prison did not serve as a deterrent for those convicted of a crime. The researchers suggest imprisonment is an ineffective deterrent, and because of that, policymakers ought to take at a closer look at its use. Putting people in prison, they note, is a lot more expensive than probation.

https://phys.org/news/2019-05-impris...ure-crime.html
You've got to be kidding me...

Old 07-31-2022, 09:22 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0Ylt4eaWJY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIpHGoFUBSo

Old 07-31-2022, 10:18 PM

21,735 posts, read 16,346,385 times
You post a lot of youtubes on homelessness, crime and other topics … never with any pov narrative or other comments. I’m curious whether you have a point to express … other than just keeping the topic refreshed?

Not an attack. Honest question.

Old 08-01-2022, 08:46 PM

206 posts, read 116,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
It's sad. People really don't care and put themselves in their academic bubbles thinking an article link to some out-of-touch author discussing the subject will matter.

Here's some data for those people: last year 1/3 of murders in the Houston area (so over 100 homicides) were committed by someone who was let out on bail after committing a violent crime. Perhaps if there were harsher penalties and tougher bail for committing violent crimes, these folks wouldn't have been let out on the streets to commit more crimes. I used Houston as an example, but this same thing is happening in California (Houston and other cities like it have been following CA's lead here).

Reading the articles posted on the last page, they're basically advocating for no prison time at all for anything. Straight quote:

Good post. It's common sense and the country is full of evidence of former criminals let out early or kept out of prison completely only to do more crime.

The woke idiots choose to ignore it and read stupid articles written by other woke idiots.

I don't got time for it. I'll vote with my feet if I have to.

Old 08-01-2022, 09:12 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post

I had to look that up to see what was going on and I am appalled 113 murder suspects were released from custody with no explanation. That is just plain bizarre. In California if you are facing a murder charge you are almost always in jail until your trial. What were they thinking? I'm not sure this has anything to do with liberal judges from what I'm reading it sounds like the bail was set according to a schedule and they posted bail, and the data I found stated that 30 of those released were rearrested on a different charge. https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...-houston-area/

When I get the time I will try to find their bail schedule and see if bail is actually set for homicide suspects - that's just too weird...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland