Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 12:28 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,254,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
Look Mr Fantastic troll, do some unbiased research
Marijuana increases symptoms of depression:
Cannabis: Potent Anti-depressant In Low Doses, Worsens Depression At High Doses

Marijuana use increases risk of fatal car crashes:
Marijuana Raises Risk of Fatal Car Crash

How's that for evidence of the harmful effects of Marijuana?

I'm glad that it isn't legalized and I support stricter laws against it's use. Say no to drugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 12:30 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,394,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Opium has no laws governing its use in Afghanistan either, look how cool that has worked out.
You truly are behind the Orange curtain or haven't read beyond circa 1950's. Just accept that you are marginalized when posting such antiquated statements. Like arguing with a fundamentalist if the world is older than 6000 years.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:31 PM

6 posts, read 16,242 times
Look I'm not trying to turn this into a is Marijuana good for you vs. bad for you debate. But I think it’s funny how several people on this board immediately jump to the conclusion that I must be some intolerant republican who hates pot smokers. Actually, I am very liberal with most things (I believe in man-made global warming, I’m against war, I don’t believe in off-shore oil drilling, I support renewable energy, I voted for Obama, etc). Why is it that if I don’t want drugs in my life that is a bad thing? I don’t really care if there are stoners out there, let them do their thing. I just want to find people who enjoy living clean sober lives as my friends. True, if people choose to smoke in the privacy of their home, so be it. But I don’t , for example, want to go to a dinner party with friends only to be subjected to a pot smoking fest. However, I’m starting to believe that finding non-using friends in the bay area is going to be hard. Would I have better luck in other parts of CA?

Old 05-25-2010, 12:33 PM

282 posts, read 382,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
You truly are behind the Orange curtain or haven't read beyond circa 1950's. Just accept that you are marginalized when posting such antiquated statements. Like arguing with a fundamentalist if the world is older than 6000 years.
He's doing this on purpose, he claims to have a PhD on here, then in other forums he trolls that he's a real estate broker. He's some random bi polar patient off his Risperdal.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:33 PM

It's well proven that Marijuana is a hazard to the public at large. It needs to be regulated or else users like yourself won't be able to control your consumption of it.

Like Morphine, it needs to have regulation or it will cause more harm than good.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:36 PM

289 posts, read 1,272,013 times
I'm your age, don't smoke pot or do drugs, and am not a tea partier. We're out there!

Old 05-25-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny2010 View Post
Look I'm not trying to turn this into a is Marijuana good for you vs. bad for you debate. But I think it’s funny how several people on this board immediately jump to the conclusion that I must be some intolerant republican who hates pot smokers. Actually, I am very liberal with most things (I believe in man-made global warming, I’m against war, I don’t believe in off-shore oil drilling, I support renewable energy, I voted for Obama, etc). Why is it that if I don’t want drugs in my life that is a bad thing? I don’t really care if there are stoners out there, let them do their thing. I just want to find people who enjoy living clean sober lives as my friends. True, if people choose to smoke in the privacy of their home, so be it. But I don’t , for example, want to go to a dinner party with friends only to be subjected to a pot smoking fest. However, I’m starting to believe that finding non-using friends in the bay area is going to be hard. Would I have better luck in other parts of CA?
Basically some parts of SoCal, the rest of the state has gone far left on most issues. Most of the people here who support the legalization of Marijuana also believe illegals should get public schooling, medical benefits, and be given amnesty as well.

They see California as one big hedonistic sex pot where drugs and welfare benefits flow like water.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:39 PM

282 posts, read 382,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny2010 View Post
I just want to find people who enjoy living clean sober lives as my friends. True, if people choose to smoke in the privacy of their home, so be it. But I don’t , for example, want to go to a dinner party with friends only to be subjected to a pot smoking fest. However, I’m starting to believe that finding non-using friends in the bay area is going to be hard. Would I have better luck in other parts of CA?
You're right all 7+ million people around here are drug users. How come I've never experienced any of the stuff you're talking about? Pot Smoking Dinner Parties? Lack of people who do drugs? Are you serious? Your post is troll like based on the fact that in reality people don't ask these weird questions or deal with this type of thing whatsoever. Strange.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:49 PM

So to sum it up:

Those against Marijuana: It's a dangerous substance if unregulated. It has been proven to increase depression symptoms in people, increase the risk of fatal car crashes, destroys the immune system, causes respiratory illnesses, and increases memory loss. We support the laws against its use for the benefit of society and public safety.

Those advocating Marijuana use:
If we take away laws governing an illegal substance, society will be much better off! Crime would disappear if there is no law against the crime!

Old 05-25-2010, 12:49 PM

6 posts, read 16,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland Uptown View Post
Pot Smoking Dinner Parties? Lack of people who do drugs? Are you serious? Your post is troll like based on the fact that in reality people don't ask these weird questions or deal with this type of thing whatsoever. Strange.
Actually I went to a dinner party last weekend. It wasn't advertised as a pot smoking fest, but that's exactly what it turned into. Needless to say I won't be hanging out with those people again...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland