Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2010, 12:50 AM

6 posts, read 11,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
First off, the study I cited was done at Harvard University, and funded by NIH. A lot of health grants are funded by this government agency.

You simply don't know much about NIH funded studies, and the type of review process these grants are required to go through. The only foolish thing anyone could do would be to listen to a lazy pothead who spends too much time on the internet trying to defend his nasty, criminal habit.
Hey mang, Harvard also sez:

THC (marijuana) helps cure cancer says Harvard study

THC (marijuana) helps cure cancer says Harvard study | NowPublic News Coverage

Also thee medical cannabis wiki:

Medical cannabis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 08:51 AM

2,352 posts, read 5,253,449 times
That study was done on MICE, not people. It's promising, but by no means proof of the health benefits of Marijuana.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:26 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodahman1969 View Post
Hey mang, Harvard also sez:

THC (marijuana) helps cure cancer says Harvard study

THC (marijuana) helps cure cancer says Harvard study | NowPublic News Coverage

Also thee medical cannabis wiki:

Medical cannabis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I am not opposed to legalizing pot particularly. I think it will happen, I think we have many more pressing issues in our country right now and I don't happen to think it really does all that much harm if used in moderation. Would I use it? No, I think it is stupid, even when one drinks it rare they drink or should I say, I drink to get drunk, people smoke pot to get high, I hate being out of control. All that being said, I certainly do not believe there is any medical benefit to using pot. I don't care what a group of scientist from Harvard say, especially when the test is being done on rats or mice.

Nita

Old 05-28-2010, 10:31 AM

282 posts, read 382,412 times
The Medical benefit is that sick people who don't have an appetite (Cancer & aids patients) smoke, it causes them to want to eat, which is a medical benefit, along with alleviating pain, which is also a medical benefit. So despite of what you believe there are many doctors who support it and their opinion on medical issues are more trustworthy than yours. It also helps with Migraines.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:23 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,389,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am not opposed to legalizing pot particularly. I think it will happen, I think we have many more pressing issues in our country right now and I don't happen to think it really does all that much harm if used in moderation. Would I use it? No, I think it is stupid, even when one drinks it rare they drink or should I say, I drink to get drunk, people smoke pot to get high, I hate being out of control. All that being said, I certainly do not believe there is any medical benefit to using pot. I don't care what a group of scientist from Harvard say, especially when the test is being done on rats or mice.

Nita
I try my best not to react to you but your opinionated comments beg for a response. Why do you think a dozen or more U.S. states provide for medical marijuana? Now you are saying that scientists are wrong. Could you be more out of touch with the world?

Old 05-28-2010, 11:52 AM

It may have health benefits, so do a lot of other substances which are heavily regulated. Morphine is seen as a powerful pain inhibitor. Doesn't mean it should be legal to trade and sell in the public. Neither should Marijuana.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:54 AM

282 posts, read 382,412 times
Quote:
It may have health benefits, so do a lot of other substances which are heavily regulated. Morphine is seen as a powerful pain inhibitor. Doesn't mean it should be legal to trade and sell in the public. Neither should Marijuana.
You can die from a morphine overdose, not from weed. Only an idiot would compare the two.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland Uptown View Post
You can die from a morphine overdose, not from weed. Only an idiot would compare the two.
Just because a substance doesn't cause death from overdose doesn't preclude it from being a dangerous drug. Shrooms are a prime example, you cannot technically cause the body to shutdown and die from eating too many of them, but they are still illegal for good, scientifically backed, reasons.

You simply don't understand the dangers of drug abuse.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:11 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,389,847 times
Quote:
Frankly it is very hard to believe that you are a PhD since what you promote is so antiquated if not outright false. You might want to consider suing the college you supposedly attended. Maybe they will refund your tuition costs [all of the $50 you sent them from the matchbook ad].

Old 05-28-2010, 12:13 PM

Yeah, being against illegal drug trafficking must mean I have an antiquated view of society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland