Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2010, 12:17 PM

282 posts, read 382,605 times

Advertisements

You're boring me now, the whole fear monger/paranoid shtick is old now. It was funny at first now it's just corny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 12:28 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,394,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Yeah, being against illegal drug trafficking must mean I have an antiquated view of society.
Even by Orange county standards you are living in a vacuum\ time warp going backwards. Doesn't it even bother you that nobody you vote for ever wins an election or that what you promote is considered nonsense?

Old 05-28-2010, 12:53 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,254,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Even by Orange county standards you are living in a vacuum\ time warp going backwards. Doesn't it even bother you that nobody you vote for ever wins an election or that what you promote is considered nonsense?
You're not even trying to defend all the negative health effects of Marijuana now, that's very telling.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:53 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland Uptown View Post
The Medical benefit is that sick people who don't have an appetite (Cancer & aids patients) smoke, it causes them to want to eat, which is a medical benefit, along with alleviating pain, which is also a medical benefit. So despite of what you believe there are many doctors who support it and their opinion on medical issues are more trustworthy than yours. It also helps with Migraines.
ok, I will buy the part about the appitite, so yes, I guess some of what is being reported could have some basis. Again, I am giving my opinion which I think I have a right to do. I do think there are other, legal drugs that could accomplish the same thing. I would also add, if it is going to be used for medicinal purposes it needs to be 100% controled, but if you also read what I said, I mentioned I am not totally opposed to the drug, I just think it is really a stupid thing to do.

Nita

Old 05-28-2010, 02:59 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,324,862 times
yea i dont smoke weed or do any drugs other than excedrin for migraines.
D.A.R.E worked like a damn charm. i think it was those bad ass cop dogs.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:04 PM

Let's be honest, the people advocating for legalization aren't thinking about Marijuana as a medicinal aid, they are looking at it as a recreational drug. That in itself should show you why it shouldn't be legalized.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:20 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Let's be honest, the people advocating for legalization aren't thinking about Marijuana as a medicinal aid, they are looking at it as a recreational drug. That in itself should show you why it shouldn't be legalized.
Even though I have mixed feelings about legalizing it, I agree with you. People who do want it legalized could care less about the health benefits or lack of same.

Nita

Old 05-28-2010, 03:21 PM

Seriously, that line of reasoning is ridiculous.

"Look, it's a couple of sick individuals using Marijuana to cure themselves!"
http://trollydolly.us/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/smoking-pot.jpg (broken link)

Old 05-28-2010, 03:24 PM

1,700 posts, read 5,933,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
ok, I will buy the part about the appitite, so yes, I guess some of what is being reported could have some basis. Again, I am giving my opinion which I think I have a right to do. I do think there are other, legal drugs that could accomplish the same thing.
I can't speak for everyone who's used weed for medicinal purposes, but my grandmother gave it some thought when she was dying from cancer because it was something naturally grown and not anything synthetic like a pill. She never smoked anything, but knowing marijuana was a "natural" medicine appealed to her more than a manufactured pill did.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:54 PM

282 posts, read 382,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
ok, I will buy the part about the appitite, so yes, I guess some of what is being reported could have some basis. Again, I am giving my opinion which I think I have a right to do. I do think there are other, legal drugs that could accomplish the same thing. I would also add, if it is going to be used for medicinal purposes it needs to be 100% controled, but if you also read what I said, I mentioned I am not totally opposed to the drug, I just think it is really a stupid thing to do.

Nita
LOL so you advocate for prescription medicine that has killed thousands of people and has tons of side effects just because it's "legal". Not sure what makes smoking weed stupid, but that's your opinion, i guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland