Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 12:51 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,394,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny2010 View Post
Look I'm not trying to turn this into a is Marijuana good for you vs. bad for you debate. But I think it’s funny how several people on this board immediately jump to the conclusion that I must be some intolerant republican who hates pot smokers. Actually, I am very liberal with most things (I believe in man-made global warming, I’m against war, I don’t believe in off-shore oil drilling, I support renewable energy, I voted for Obama, etc). Why is it that if I don’t want drugs in my life that is a bad thing? I don’t really care if there are stoners out there, let them do their thing. I just want to find people who enjoy living clean sober lives as my friends. True, if people choose to smoke in the privacy of their home, so be it. But I don’t , for example, want to go to a dinner party with friends only to be subjected to a pot smoking fest. However, I’m starting to believe that finding non-using friends in the bay area is going to be hard. Would I have better luck in other parts of CA?
Another option would be to go to AA meetings for former marijuana users. Often spouses\ girlfriends attend even if they don't use marijuana. Any AA groups would have plenty of people who shun any kind of intoxicant use. But to answer your question. There probably are no urban areas in California where marijuana use is low. Certainly not Los Angeles with around 1000 dispensaries. I know marijuana is used a lot even in the farming towns and it is only becoming more the norm every year. I'd stay away of the North Coast counties also [that is like marijuana-central because so much is grown there]. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 01:00 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,254,904 times
There are many communities that shun the use of such an illegal substance. You just have to hang out with the right people. Hanging out with lazy pot smoking losers is one way to get yourself into trouble.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:18 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,991,530 times
Quote:
Look I'm not trying to turn this into a is Marijuana good for you vs. bad for you debate. But I think it’s funny how several people on this board immediately jump to the conclusion that I must be some intolerant republican who hates pot smokers. Actually, I am very liberal with most things (I believe in man-made global warming, I’m against war, I don’t believe in off-shore oil drilling, I support renewable energy, I voted for Obama, etc). Why is it that if I don’t want drugs in my life that is a bad thing? I don’t really care if there are stoners out there, let them do their thing. I just want to find people who enjoy living clean sober lives as my friends. True, if people choose to smoke in the privacy of their home, so be it. But I don’t , for example, want to go to a dinner party with friends only to be subjected to a pot smoking fest. However, I’m starting to believe that finding non-using friends in the bay area is going to be hard. Would I have better luck in other parts of CA?
I didn't imply that you were a conservative Republican- I was saying that it is in more conservative towns where you MIGHT find fewer pot smokers.

You don't need to defend your beliefs. When I was in my twenties I knew a lot of people my own age that didn't do any drugs or even drink- and that was totally fine on both sides.

When you suggest that pot smokers don't care about their bodies or make some judgment calls i.e. "go back to your bong" (which you said) or act like you're too above it all --well that's when people tend to get a little po'd or defensive.

I'm surprised that every single person you have met smokes pot though. I'm sorry I upset you with my remarks (I certainly would be offended if someone implied I should hang out with the tea party/conservatives!) I was trying to be somewhat funny and lighthearted about your situation.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:22 PM

Pot Smokers are breaking the law. I wouldn't be against raising the penalties for those caught using pot illegally.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:27 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,394,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Pot Smokers are breaking the law. I wouldn't be against raising the penalties for those caught using pot illegally.
Dream on! Do you ever get discouraged that your way of thinking\voting produces no results?

Old 05-25-2010, 01:30 PM

Yes, liberals have bankrupted California despite all my efforts.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:59 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,834,015 times
No it is a prerequisite for residency

Old 05-25-2010, 03:56 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
well the only thing I will add to this, with your basically very liberal leaning views on most things you are going to have even a harder time finding non smoking friends. people in your age group, especially living in Ca that are non pot users are probably much more conservative than you appear to be. I think you are going to have a tough time having it both ways. Maybe San Diego would be a little better for you.

Nita

Old 05-25-2010, 03:59 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland Uptown View Post
He's doing this on purpose, he claims to have a PhD on here, then in other forums he trolls that he's a real estate broker. He's some random bi polar patient off his Risperdal.
ya know I don't know what he does and doesn't have as far as education or anything else goes, but do you find it impossible for someone with an education to be in Real Estate? if you do, you have a lot to learn and that is coming from an X real estate agent.

Nita

Old 05-25-2010, 04:02 PM

282 posts, read 382,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
ya know I don't know what he does and doesn't have as far as education or anything else goes, but do you find it impossible for someone with an education to be in Real Estate? if you do, you have a lot to learn and that is coming from an X real estate agent.

Nita
So now you're reduced to defending trolls and completely missing my point. congrats! Especially since my real estate agent has an MBA and you just felt the need to get on your soap box for no apparent reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland