Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 06:01 PM

398 posts, read 822,685 times

Advertisements

News - Meet America's Youngest Landlord - InsideEdition.com

I can sort of kind of say I knew her when .........................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 08:02 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,930,209 times
This whole thing has got a little crazy! I wish they would have posted the video. I thought they did a great job.

She's a pretty down to earth kid. You can certainly say you knew her when...

Old 03-30-2012, 03:54 AM

425 posts, read 1,105,456 times
So glad I caught that on Inside Edition, that was really cute, and awesome that they had you in there too Shannon..
I am sure Willow will go real far with her spunk and abilities!!
And I am keeping your FIL in my prayers.. I hope that they prosecute that weasel to the fullest extent of the law!!!!!!
And when I come down at Christmas time ,I would love to meet Willow and get a pic and her autograph..
love ya my friend and take time to take a breath....

Old 03-30-2012, 07:28 AM

Thanks everyone! I really liked the Inside Edition piece. They did a great job editing it. It's kind of funny because we were in LAX coming back from the Ellen Show and people were coming up to her and asking for her autograph. Then we were in a skateboard shop and people recognized her. She thinks the whole autograph thing is kind of funny. She gets all giggly when people approach her. LOL

I actually have kind of a funny story about the skateboard shop on Venice Beach in LA. Willow wanted to bring her longboard/skateboard out to LA and I didn't want her to bring it. So, we were out at Venice Beach and she was browsing in a skateboard shop. The guys there recognized her from Ellen and started giving her free tshirts, hoodies, shorts, etc. I bought a thing or two and then we left the shop. A few days later she's getting ready to go on CNN and she puts on one of the Tshirts she got a the skate shop. The shirt was purple with a large tree on it. The tree is the logo of Arbor skateboards. If you aren't into skating you would have just thought she was wearing a shirt with a tree on it. So, she gets done with the interview and says to me, "I gotta call Arbor skate shop up." I said, "Why is that?" Then she says, "Remember when we were in there a few days ago?" "I say, yes." Then she proceeds to tell me that she cut a deal with them that if she wore their logo tshirt on a National TV interview that they would ship her a new skateboard. Oh, goodness. Always thinking...

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers for my father in law. He's still in critical but stable condition in Lee Memorials ICU. He seemed to be doing slightly better today.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:25 AM

2,080 posts, read 3,924,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Thanks everyone! I really liked the Inside Edition piece. They did a great job editing it. It's kind of funny because we were in LAX coming back from the Ellen Show and people were coming up to her and asking for her autograph. Then we were in a skateboard shop and people recognized her. She thinks the whole autograph thing is kind of funny. She gets all giggly when people approach her. LOL

I actually have kind of a funny story about the skateboard shop on Venice Beach in LA. Willow wanted to bring her longboard/skateboard out to LA and I didn't want her to bring it. So, we were out at Venice Beach and she was browsing in a skateboard shop. The guys there recognized her from Ellen and started giving her free tshirts, hoodies, shorts, etc. I bought a thing or two and then we left the shop. A few days later she's getting ready to go on CNN and she puts on one of the Tshirts she got a the skate shop. The shirt was purple with a large tree on it. The tree is the logo of Arbor skateboards. If you aren't into skating you would have just thought she was wearing a shirt with a tree on it. So, she gets done with the interview and says to me, "I gotta call Arbor skate shop up." I said, "Why is that?" Then she says, "Remember when we were in there a few days ago?" "I say, yes." Then she proceeds to tell me that she cut a deal with them that if she wore their logo tshirt on a National TV interview that they would ship her a new skateboard. Oh, goodness. Always thinking...

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers for my father in law. He's still in critical but stable condition in Lee Memorials ICU. He seemed to be doing slightly better today.
Great story; Willow definitely thinks on her feet well!

So sorry to hear about your father-in-law. As an avid motorcyclist myself, it's of utmost importance that you wear your gear all the time. Your daughters insistence on the helmet saved his life! Funny how things happen in life...

Old 03-30-2012, 10:55 AM

499 posts, read 581,090 times
Quote:

I was so amused by this. Well done Willow you really impress me but your parents have done a great job in bringing you up Hope your FIL makes a quick recovery Shannon

Old 04-02-2012, 04:51 PM

Willow just signed a 10 months contract with Intuitive Entertainment. They do Millionaire Matchmaker, Pit Boss and several others. We'll see how things go on that front.

She's still doing interviews here and there. Tomorrow she's doing an interview with USA Today and on Saturday she has one with WOR Radio.

I've cut the interviews way down so she can spend time with her grandfather in the hospital and get some school work done.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:35 PM

398 posts, read 822,685 times
Quote:
Willow just signed a 10 months contract with Intuitive Entertainment. They do Millionaire Matchmaker, Pit Boss and several others. We'll see how things go on that front.

She's still doing interviews here and there. Tomorrow she's doing an interview with USA Today and on Saturday she has one with WOR Radio.

I've cut the interviews way down so she can spend time with her grandfather in the hospital and get some school work done.
Smart Idea SFG. Education is important also. She is similar to a star pro athletes in that the window is limited for most. Make hay while the sunshines but remember there is life after the curtain comes down on these interviews & shows.

Wishing you & your family only the BEST !

Old 04-02-2012, 07:57 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
Holy cow! I am sorry to hear about this. I haven't been watching the new forum so I had no idea. I heard the story about that idiot but only that he would no longer be associated with the Rays. I sincerely hope he never gets a job in baseball and does significant time in jail.
I don't, I hope he gets the fatest contract in all of baseball so Shannon's family can sue the begeezus out of this entitled moron!

So sorry about your father in law but congrats on Willow's contract. She's a sharp kid and will do just fine!

And I don't care what all these other naysayers think, when I was fourteen I was spending all my money on designer clothes and not thinking about the future. I'm pretty sure I was in the majority.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:34 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,680,118 times
Hey SFG, add me to the list of Willow admirers Can't believe I didn't hop on this thread sooner! I've been laying low recently....

I think it's an amazing opportunity she's taken. Congrats to both of you cause I'm sure you're a proud mommy. It's never too early to teach fiscal responsibility & entrepreneurism to your kids.

Heck, my son was selling glow sticks on the beach at 6 & this year he's investing in the stock market I think he has about $1200 saved now. Maybe in a few years he can partner with Willow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area